Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 14 Dec 19, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
floridaphil
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by eastendpar View Post
Phil is probably sleeping off his two glasses of Port. Wait a minute I am fibbing, he had three. 😉

On you original post For Fibbers, read Dibbers. Easy mistake to make. D & F next to one another on the keyboard
Thanks for the explanation and you were only 1 glass out. 😉
floridaphil is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 19, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
margshel4753
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We stayed in room 6029 on top floor facing I drive. Nice and quiet and not far from reception. Just across the road from shops and restaurants

Feb 2005 B/W Movieland(Monumental Movieland)
May 2006 Doubletree LBV(Orlando Vista] , Oct 2011 POR & Rosen Inn
May 2012 POR, April 2013 POR
, Oct 2014 POR, H/Inn C/Water, RPR, Rosen Inn, Yacht Club
margshel4753 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 19, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
SgtElias
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Many thanks for all your replies, much appreciated, I have emailed the hotel asking for a first floor room in block D/E.
SgtElias is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 19, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
bennyboy0751
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by SgtElias View Post
Many thanks for all your replies, much appreciated, I have emailed the hotel asking for a first floor room in block D/E.
be patiant can sometimes take a couple of days to reply check you spam folder too for reply
bennyboy0751 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 19, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Cinderellabella
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by SgtElias View Post
do they provide shuttles to the parks as well ?
We stayed last August and we used the shuttles into the parks (for universal). We just used Lyft to get back.
We found the best way to book the shuttle was first thing in morning for the next day. We would just book for next day when we were going down for shuttle in the morning. If left it til later in the day, not as many times available
Cinderellabella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 19, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

We stayed here in July.

Loved the location, I like walking to a restaurant in evening (we had car).

We requested ground floor close to reception, which we got. Was worried that could be long way from reception area, but all rooms close really. The pool close to reception was very busy and noise, so we didn't use it. But pool closed at reasonable hr so didn't disturb us as all.

Shop food choices pretty decent really and reasonable prices. Didn't use restaurants or shuttles.

You could only buy laundry tokens using cash - which we didn't have, so that was a pain.

Air con is nosy, and would have disturbed sleep so had to switch off, but that was fine - kept curtains shut so room cool enough.

Beds comfy, coffee ok, bathroom had shower over tiny low bath. Good enough.

Wouldn't want to spend much time in room...and didn't - a place to sleep.

Would stay again fir a cheap base - prob not for 2 weeks though - I think we'd use to balance out a more expensive hotel for 7 nights or onsite stay.
2012 Fairfield Inn IDrive 2013 Highland Reserve 2014 Old Key West 2015 Old Key West / Fantasy World 2016 New York / Cypress Pointe 2016 Cane Island 2017 Old Key West 2018 Port Orleans Riverside 2019 Keys / Cruise / Rosen Inn IDrive 2022 Port Orleans Riverside 2023 Idrive / Cruise 2023 Universal Dockside
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 19, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Mudhut
Excited about Disney

I stayed here last month for the second time, I sent them a message a couple of weeks before I went and requested a quiet room, both times I stayed in block D on the top floor- the 6th and it was perfect it's facing international drive, near to reception and you can see the Orlando eye from the room.
Staff are very nice and hope to stay again in 2021.
Mudhut is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 19, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

Beware if you request a first floor room, this is what we in the uk would call ground floor, so be prepared for ppl walking and talking past your room 24/7 you won’t get much peace
Orlandoguy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 19, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by margshel4753 View Post
We stayed in room 6029 on top floor facing I drive. Nice and quiet and not far from reception. Just across the road from shops and restaurants
I've requested this room ...

Thanks for the tip ...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List