Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Dec 19, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Segdude
Very Serious Dibber

Segdude's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Cheapest one way to Florida

Eldest daughter's boyfriend is with us over Christmas, and due to return home (Orlando) beginning of January. He only purchased a one way ticket (silly boy I know) and is now looking to book his return on 1st or 2nd January. We've looked at all the usual suspects, Sky Scanner, Expedia etc as well as good old Virgin, BA and Air Lingus. Currently his best price is Norwegian (who he flew in with) at £286, which strikes me as pretty good for one way.
Are we missing some trick, or something obvious that might result in a cheaper flight? I'm loathe to wait for the "Christmas Sales" as I think that might be leaving it too late, as Norwegian currently saying only 2 seats available.

Y'all take care
Nick
Segdude is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 19, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
8gotoWDW
Having Dinner with Goofy

Mobile

I got my DD a one way ticket from LGW-MCO for 286 with virgin using STA travel - had to buy a £15 student card, there was an option for another card if you are under 31yrs. Not sure if this would be relevant for him?
8gotoWDW is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 19, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Segdude
Very Serious Dibber

Segdude's Reviews
Thank you 8gotoWDW. Just had a look online at STA and nothing anywhere near the Norwegian price. Personally I think the price he has got is good for one way only, but it's his money not mine!

Y'all take care
Nick
Segdude is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 19, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Segdude View Post
Eldest daughter's boyfriend is with us over Christmas, and due to return home (Orlando) beginning of January. He only purchased a one way ticket (silly boy I know) and is now looking to book his return on 1st or 2nd January. We've looked at all the usual suspects, Sky Scanner, Expedia etc as well as good old Virgin, BA and Air Lingus. Currently his best price is Norwegian (who he flew in with) at £286, which strikes me as pretty good for one way.
Are we missing some trick, or something obvious that might result in a cheaper flight? I'm loathe to wait for the "Christmas Sales" as I think that might be leaving it too late, as Norwegian currently saying only 2 seats available.
I don't think you will get much cheaper than Norwegian - one way fares on BA and VS are based on fully flexible tickets which are expensive and as it stands on Jan 1st BA are full in EC and VS only selling 1 seat and on 2nd Jan BA are full and VS only selling 2 EC fares on VS27 and 1 fare on VS15 - full flights.

Personally I wouldn't wait for the Christmas sale but that is just my opinion. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Edited at 02:31 PM.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 19, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
papasmurf
Imagineer

Mobile

£286 one way seems an exceptional deal.
papasmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 19, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Stella_11
Excited about Disney

£286 seems very reasonable.
Stella_11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 19, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
papasmurf
Imagineer

Mobile

£286 one way seems an exceptional deal.
papasmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 19, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
NiPsTeR
Excited about Disney

i'd book no question!
Holiday of a lifetime - 2005,2006,2008,2009,2010,2011,2012..Honeymoon in 2013!, 2014, 2015, 2016, Christmas Time 2017, Apr 2018, Oct 2018, May 2022, April 2023, Soon be there in April 2024, Back in July 2024!
NiPsTeR is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 19, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Segdude
Very Serious Dibber

Segdude's Reviews
Thanks everyone, especially stanleycamel, for your input. Personally I thought the Norwegian option would be hard to beat, and it certainly looks that way. I'm quite frustrated because Zac's never flown outside the US before and I offered my assistance to my daughter, only to be told that "he knows what he's doing". DW and I have a nasty feeling DD has sent him money to come over, as he does not seem to have a pot to pee in. I guess she'll be bailing him out and buying his return ticket
Young love eh?

Y'all take care
Nick
Old 15 Dec 19, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
MickeyYay
Imagineer

I think you will struggle to beat that price!
MickeyYay is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List