Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 21 Nov 19, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by LoonyWitch View Post
Tbh, I hadn’t given thought to reduced bus service. How reduced is it? I will read the review later - must make a move a land get ready :/
We didn't find that they'd cut back on buses. Still plenty going to both HS and EP for those who don't want to use the Skyliner. Personally, I won't use a bus to either park again if the Skyliner is running as it's just so quick, but I know that not everyone is a fan.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney20152
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
Not stayed at CSR, but we love CBR. We got back a couple of weeks ago and didn't want to leave. The Skyliner was great too - 4 minutes to HS and 10 minutes to EP. The pool is great fun and we love the feel and look of the resort. CSR is also a convention resort, and I've read that it has a more adult feel. I'm sure there are plenty of children there, but possibly a more adult feel due to needing to appeal to business people.
Apologies for jumping on the thread but I am due to stay at Caribbean Beach at Christmas. I’ve recently read a review which said the pool was chilly, when you were there was the pool cool ?. I’m just concerned as we generally use the pool a lot. We went over Christmas a few years back and used the pool at Saratoga Springs so was hoping we would still be able to use the pool at Caribbean Beach x
Disney20152 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

I've never stayed at CBR but have stayed at CSR and the place is stunning. They do let you swap your drink out for a snack at the food court too After staying there I have no reason to stay at any of the other hotels, I think I will just be disappointed with the quality of the other moderates from reviews I've read comparing them to the refurbished CSR.

It's the only moderate with club level, a spa, TS restaurant overlooking the fireworks etc. When people say Deluxe hotel at moderate price I can really understand what they mean.

Next trip to WDW Sept 2024 for our Wedding
catherinesian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Disney20152 View Post
Apologies for jumping on the thread but I am due to stay at Caribbean Beach at Christmas. I’ve recently read a review which said the pool was chilly, when you were there was the pool cool ?. I’m just concerned as we generally use the pool a lot. We went over Christmas a few years back and used the pool at Saratoga Springs so was hoping we would still be able to use the pool at Caribbean Beach x
No, it wasn't, but it was mid-high 30s when we were there, so that might have made a difference as we were always sweltering and grateful to cool down

loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post

Tbh, I hadn’t given thought to reduced bus service. How reduced is it? I will read the review later - must make a move a land get ready :/
As I mentioned, the Skyliner hadn’t started when I was there.

But as I don’t want to use the Skyliner, if they did reduce buses (which I am assuming they will), it would be off putting.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
LoonyWitch
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
As I mentioned, the Skyliner hadn’t started when I was there.

But as I don’t want to use the Skyliner, if they did reduce buses (which I am assuming they will), it would be off putting.
It’s a good point. I’ll try and find some info. I wish I’d not even looked haha! I only wanted to see if any tower rooms had been released
LoonyWitch is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

I haven't tried CSR but absolutely loved CBR and am hopeful we will get back there. I have children and the pool area originally appealed to me for them but the resort was wonderful. However I am sure you could say that about all Disney resorts so I would look at it and compare the needs of my family to what the resorts offered.

Another thing to add is that I was worried about the size of the resort before I went but it wasn't as 'big' as I expected. A nice leisurely walk around the resort was a lovely experience for us not a hindrance but again this is a personal preference
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
LoonyWitch
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

Originally Posted by 3disneykids View Post
I haven't tried CSR but absolutely loved CBR and am hopeful we will get back there. I have children and the pool area originally appealed to me for them but the resort was wonderful. However I am sure you could say that about all Disney resorts so I would look at it and compare the needs of my family to what the resorts offered.

Another thing to add is that I was worried about the size of the resort before I went but it wasn't as 'big' as I expected. A nice leisurely walk around the resort was a lovely experience for us not a hindrance but again this is a personal preference
Tbh, I don’t think the size has been a consideration for us. We’ve learned from going Centerparcs that one person’s idea of a long walk to the centre won’t necessarily be the same as ours
LoonyWitch is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

It’s a good point. I’ll try and find some info. I wish I’d not even looked haha! I only wanted to see if any tower rooms had been released
Tbh, I don’t think the size has been a consideration for us. We’ve learned from going Centerparcs that one person’s idea of a long walk to the centre won’t necessarily be the same as ours
Buses definitely didn't seem to be reduced while we were there. Whether they will in the future, no one knows, but the Skyliner really was great and so easy, although I appreciate it's not for everyone. For HS in particular, the station is right next to the entrance, whereas the bus stop can be quite a trek depending on which number stop your resort is allocated. It made it so easy just to 'pop' to HS/EP if we fancied it, but hadn't necessarily planned it.

Size wise, CSR is also a fairly big resort and quite spread out. I think some people have been surprised about this from reports that I've read, especially if they were in one of the further out villages. I do believe that the rooms etc are really lovely though - deluxe for moderate prices, but I think that's due to the convention/business person side of things too.

If you're used to Centerparcs, then you'll be fine. To give you an idea, we were in building 25 in Martinique and it took us 10 minutes to walk to the CBR Skyliner station, which was the furthest point we went. It's a lovely walk around the resort, so really didn't bother us at all as we like to enjoy the resorts and the landscaping. However, we've discovered that we're definitely resort rather than hotel people

Old 21 Nov 19, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
LoonyWitch
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
Buses definitely didn't seem to be reduced while we were there. Whether they will in the future, no one knows, but the Skyliner really was great and so easy, although I appreciate it's not for everyone. For HS in particular, the station is right next to the entrance, whereas the bus stop can be quite a trek depending on which number stop your resort is allocated. It made it so easy just to 'pop' to HS/EP if we fancied it, but hadn't necessarily planned it.

Size wise, CSR is also a fairly big resort and quite spread out. I think some people have been surprised about this from reports that I've read, especially if they were in one of the further out villages. I do believe that the rooms etc are really lovely though - deluxe for moderate prices, but I think that's due to the convention/business person side of things too.

If you're used to Centerparcs, then you'll be fine. To give you an idea, we were in building 25 in Martinique and it took us 10 minutes to walk to the CBR Skyliner station, which was the furthest point we went. It's a lovely walk around the resort, so really didn't bother us at all as we like to enjoy the resorts and the landscaping. However, we've discovered that we're definitely resort rather than hotel people
That’s good to know about the Skyline station - we would certainly use it but obviously having a bus as an option is good too. Both of the rooms are preferred anyway so I doubt we’d have to walk far in the actual resort to the main bit, and From what I gather CBR has an internal bus to get people around the resort too? But yes, we’ve been to Centerparcs a few times now and it doesn’t bother us. The last time we were right on the outskirts and still didn’t seem like a long walk.