Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 21 Nov 19, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Charlie's First WDW Adventure - Sep/Oct 2019 - Day 2: Hollywood Studios & Farewell to Illuminations

Index can be found here

Monday 30th September

Charlie woke at 6:15am, a much more social time than the day before! I popped down to the kitchen to get him some milk and we had cuddles in bed whilst watching Peppa Pig (what else!?)

After lazing in bed for a while it was time to get up and ready for the day. We opted for breakfast at the villa again today… I went for some of Paul’s Pop Tarts but they made me feel so sick (and that’s coming from me who loves a sugary breakfast!). By 8:50am we were all set and heading out of the villa (we had aimed for 8:30am so not too delayed today!). Today’s car entertainment included the Mickey Mouse magnetic drawing board and a handheld fan!

This morning we were off to Hollywood Studios and on making our way through to the car park we were all excited to see the Skyliner running (sadly we never actually found the time to ride it, definitely something on the must-do list for next time!)≈

By 9:05am we were parking up in the Mickey lot, row 306. Whilst unloading the car a parking attendant came over and gave Charlie a Fix-It-Felix sticker which he was most happy about! We then made our way to the end of the row but decided against taking the tram (mainly as we weren’t that far from the entrance but also to avoid the hassle of emptying and collapsing the pushchair to get it on board (a tactic we took many times in the days to come… it really is more effort than it’s worth!)

It was a short walk to the park entrance and was such a beautiful sunny day already… look at that sky!

On arriving at the entrance of the park we were greeted with a pretty large queue for bag check (by now it was 9:25am). Paul, being the gentleman that he is, offered to take the pushchairs and bags through whilst I headed straight through the no-bag line with Charlie (what a champ he is!).

Whilst waiting for Paul, Joan and John to make it through Charlie had a good run around the area out front of Hollywood Studios and was particularly excited when we came across a little lizard!

Joan and John soon joined us whilst Paul was still stuck in the queue and we parked up on the bench to wait for him. Whilst sitting there a lovely CM came over and got chatting to us and was brilliant interacting with Charlie and also gave him a Simba sticker (we were doing well for stickers that morning!).

Finally Paul made it through and we were all reunited so we could make our way into the park… although there was some confusion with Joan and Johns magic bands as it seemed I had mixed them up when linking them yesterday (doh, can I blame the heat and jet lag for that one?!). A CM quickly sorted it though and we were soon through and heading into the park.

Once inside the park I made a stop at the kiosk at Crossroads of the World to pick up a water spray fan ($22). Now it seems every single family in WDW has one of these so I was assuming they were an essential bit of kit now we have a child in tow… let’s face it, they are a bit rubbish aren’t they? The fan function is so pitiful that you can barely feel it!

With fan bought and attached the pushchair we started making our way down towards the Chinese Theatre, stopping along the way for various obligatory photos!

Our first destination was Toy Story Land, a new one for all of us so excitement levels were high! We followed the crowds round to the right of the Chinese Theatre and made our way in.

There was a photographer out the front of the huge Woody so we joined the short queue to get a group shot there. The photos aren’t the best as we are facing directly into the sun so we are all being somewhat blinded!

We carried on making our way further in taking it all in and stopping in front of Slinky Dog to watch that for a while. The theming really is very good and I loved the use of K-Nex for the fences. Charlie was also very happy to see some of the characters he recognised and was excitably pointing out Rex!

After a rather brief wander around we all were starting to feel very hot and thirsty so decided it was a good time to stop for a drink. As there are no indoor retreats in Toy Story Land we headed out and made our way to ABC Commissionary, stopping there for water and a Coke for Paul. Whilst we stopped Charlie snacked on some veggie straws.

By this time our 11:10 am FP for Muppets has opened up (yes due to the stupid new tiering system at DHS we had booked a FP for this as lets be honest, it really is slim pickings when it comes to choosing two tier 2 attractions!). On finishing up our drinks and all stopping for a quick restroom stop we headed in that direction. On making it out front Charlie went running over to the fountain and took great delight in sticking his hands in and having a good splash around (had we not have held him back he would have absolutely dived straight in!)

Paul parked up the pushchair and we made our way inside.

Luckily a show was very soon to begin so we didn’t have to wait in the pre-show area for long. Despite picking up some 3D glasses for Charlie he refused to wear them. Paul and I of course got an obligatory 3D glasses selfie though!

On making our way into the theatre we sat at the very back as we were unsure how Charlie would react what with this being his first every show (we have yet to take him to the cinema so we had no idea what to expect with this!). We had nothing to worry about though as he sat there as good as gold watching and taking it all in (which must have been a little tricky given his lack of 3D glasses!). He particularly liked Fozzy Bear and on the show finishing and us making our way out he kept saying “bye bye teddy bear”

From leaving the theatre I made a quick stop in the toilets to change Charlie’s nappy. He was getting super tired by this point (by now it was 11:50am) so we knew he was set for a nap. Clean nappy on and into the pushchair it wasn’t long before he was off to the land of nod!

With Charlie sleeping soundly we took the opportunity to walk down Sunset Boulevard and take in some of the sights.

Along the way we stopped in at Farm Fresh Produce where Paul picked up some grapes and John grabbed a few bags of crisps. I spotted a pressed penny coin outside so took the chance to get the first one of the trip.

Joan and I were craving ice cream so we carried on walking down to Hollywood Scoops but on arriving out front we found it didn’t open until 12:30! As it was only 12:10 at this point we decided to cut our losses and find an ice cream fix elsewhere… which came in the form of a Mickey Mouse ice cream bar from a kiosk at the top of Sunset Boulevard (if I was to tell you this is the first time in 4 trips that I have ever had one of these would you judge me?!)

So the time had now finally come… it was time to explore Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge! Now I admit on finding out earlier this year that Galaxy’s Edge was going to open ahead of our trip my heart sank. On planning this trip I had assumed it would be opening later in the year after we had visited so my initial reaction at the announcement was to worry about how busy Hollywood Studios would be and also the impact it would have on the other parks as a result. I will say now my fears were completely unfounded… I pictured huge queues to just enter the land but this was not the case at all, we sailed in and were able to walk around taking it all in very comfortably and leisurely!

Now I will also admit that I have never seen a Star Wars film so this section of the report is going to be rather vague as most of the time I had absolutely no idea what I was taking photos of! That aside I was still absolutely blown away! The theming in this land is absolutely out of this world! It truly feels like you have ben transported to another world. It doesn’t even feel like a Disney park if I am honest. The attention to detail is incredible. It’s impossible to put it into words. I will spam you with photos but these of course will not do it any justice!

Whilst walking through we saw Chewbacca!

Making our way through the land we soon found ourselves facing the Millennium Falcon. This was absolutely a huge wow moment of the holiday! Now If I was amazed, I can only imagine how John, a huge Star Wars fan, must have been feeling! We spent a while in this area taking it all in and of course snapping lots of photos!

We took some photos stood right out front, I think this is a good way of seeing just how huge this thing is!

Just to check-in on Charlie at this point… he was still sound asleep so completely oblivious to all the amazingness surrounding him!

We spotted a photographer taking photos in this area and there was no queue so we made a quick scoot over to grab some snaps. We sent John off first for some solo shots as we knew this really was such a special moment for him, happiness was just radiating from him. One of the many magical moments of the trip that will stay with me for a lifetime.

After this the rest of us jumped in to get a group shot (leaving Charlie at the side still sleeping soundly in the pushchair!)

We continued making our way through and spotted the kiosk for the blue and green milk. Having seen this on various vlogs we were all keen to try it for ourselves so Joan and I joined the queue to grab one of each ($7.99 each).

Drinks in hand we headed back over to where Paul and John were waiting with Charlie in the shade and got cracking with trying them! I found the green one very earthy, it really did taste like you was drinking plants! I much preferred the blue offering, it was much sweeter. We also tried mixing the two together (as recommended by the CM who served us) and that was actually pretty good! They were quite pricey but a great thing to try, and I definitely suggest sharing… I’m not sure I could stomach a whole cup of either of them!

With milk all drank onwards we went (this land was so much bigger than I was expecting!).

We popped into one of the shops as we were passing and found this was where the droid building station was. Whilst this is something that wouldn’t really appeal to me I have to admit it looked very cool and I imagine they would be a great thing to take home as a keepsake!

On leaving there we found we were close to the other entrance/exit of the land so decided to head on out at this point (Charlie was still asleep!). As we made our way through we spotted a Stormtrooper!

We left Galaxy’s Edge using the exit that takes you through to Toy Story Land… quite a change in theming going from one to the other it has to be said!

We had a FP for Alien Swirling Saucers booked but as Charlie was still asleep we carried on walking for a bit to let him snooze a little longer and ended up finding ourselves in the Incredibles Municiberg area (previously Pixar Place).

Feeling conscious that our Alien Swirling Saucers FP was soon to be expiring we made our way back into Toy Story Land and gently woke Charlie up (this was the only FP we had for this all trip and I really didn’t want him to miss it given it’s one of the few rides in DHS he is able to go on!). Luckily he wasn’t too annoyed at being woken from his slumber and was happy to get out of the pushchair and head over to the ride.

On tapping my magic band on the reader I was greeted with the swirling blue light of doom… it turned out I had completely got my timings wrong and it had actually expired half an hour earlier! Doh! (Second one of the day!) Luckily the very kind CM was very understanding and let us through anyway, phew!

It was a short wait in the FP line and we were soon loaded on. What a fun ride, I loved it! It definitely threw you around more than I was expecting, poor Charlie must have wondered what on earth was going on given he had been asleep mere minutes before!

By now it was 2:40pm so after waving the aliens goodbye it was time for food! We decided on Pizzarizo so headed in that direction. This has been re-themed since our last trip but it is pretty much the same offering as its predecessor Pizza Planet that we had always loved.

We had no trouble finding a table and whilst Joan and I got Charlie settled in a highchair Paul and John headed up to the counter to get the food. I didn’t note down everyone’s order but it was obviously pizza! I had asked for a cheese one but they gave me a pepperoni… rather than go back and change it I just ate that instead though (I’m not fussy when it comes to pizza!). Charlie had a kids pizza meal which came with an orange and yoghurt which he loved (a much better offering than those apple pouches!)

Once we had finished up eating we decided it was a good time to head out of the park, we had achieved a lot in a morning and we all felt some chill out time in the villa was much needed (especially as we had plans for a late night due to going to Epcot that evening).

We made it to the exit of the park at 3:45pm and was back in the villa by 4:15pm. I have nothing noted down in regards to our journey back so I am assuming it was very non-eventful!

Once back at the villa we decided to take a dip in the pool… Charlie is such a water baby so he absolutely loved it! Paul had picked up some noodles when at Walmart on the first night and he was having great fun playing around with them. It was lovely to spend some time chilling out enjoying the sunshine (looking back now I really wish we had managed more pool time on this trip!)

After a fun hour or so in the pool we all set about getting ourselves ready and I gave Charlie a quick bath. By 6:15pm we were all set and ready to head back out again. Tonight we were off to Epcot as it was the very last showing of Illuminations and we were desperate to see it one last time!

On arriving at Epcot we parked up in Explore 72. On getting Charlie out of the car he ran over to the car parked next to us and banged his hands on the bonnet, I was mortified as there were people in the car and of course moved him away. The girls inside the car got out and were in fits of laughter and assured me it was fine and it had actually made their day. Cheeky Charlie winning the girls over at less than 2 years old!

We decided once again to avoid the tram and to walk over to the entrance instead. At this point I think the long day started to catch up with Charlie as he went into meltdown mode, refusing to sit in the pushchair and also not wanting to walk or be carried. We all tried to distract him but it was one of those situations where you just have to let them ride it out.

Thankfully it was short lived and soon enough he was back to his chatty, happy self! On approaching the entrance he got particularly excited pointing out the “big ball”.

We joined the short queue for security and it was at this point, out of nowhere and in true Floridan style, the heavens opened and it started to absolutely throwing it down with rain! Luckily we made it through bag check quickly so then made a dash to the undercover area near the ticket desks.

Charlie seemed completely unphased by the wet weather and kept running out into it!

Thankfully it didn’t last for too long and shortly after we were able to make our way over to tap in and enter the park.

On entering the park our first stop was at Spaceship Earth as we had a 7:20pm FP. I have such a soft spot for this ride and was so excited for Charlie to experience it for the very first time. Given the massive overhaul that is currently going on at Epcot I imagine this trip will be the last time we will ride it in its current form!

Whilst we had been in the queue I had managed to secure us a FP for Nemo opening up at 7:55pm so on leaving Spaceship Earth we headed over to The Seas to ride that. Ahhh I love this ride so much! It was so wonderful to see how excited Charlie was riding this, and of course I got completely choked up at the end when Big Blue World started playing.

On exiting we headed up the escalators to check our the aquarium. Charlie loves fish (we have annual passes to Sealife Adventure in Southend so regularly go there), so he was absolutely in his element being faced with such huge fish tanks and was particularly excited when he spotted a turtle! Being later in the day it was so lovely and quiet in there so we had the run of the place.

By now it was fast approaching the 9pm and time for the last ever Illuminations to begin so we started making our way over to World Showcase to find a viewing spot. I had been worried that given this was the last ever showing that the park would be rammed, and whilst it was of course busy it was no where near as bad as I was expecting… I predict that maybe all the earlier rain had kept some people away!

Breaking tradition we took a right and entered World Showcase through Canada (I know, what is this madness?!) and ended up plotting up in France. As we got there the rain started again so we managed to find a fairly sheltered spot under a tree that still allowed a pretty good view of the lagoon. Charlie was getting pretty tired and irritable by this point so I dug into the bag of snacks and found a banana bread bar which pacified him.

We didn’t have much of a wait before the show began. Despite the rain Paul ventured a bit further out to get closer so he could take photos and some video footage… Joan, John and I were happy to stay sheltered under the tree with Charlie!

Well what can I say, there we were watching the final ever Illuminations: Reflections of Earth. This show holds such a special place in both mine and Paul’s hearts, it really was emotional standing there knowing that this would be the last time we would ever see it in person. I felt hugely lucky that we could be there to appreciate it one last time and say farewell to a show that has played such a big part in so many of our trips over the years. I am not ashamed to admit there were tears. Sharing it with Joan and John and knowing that Charlie got the opportunity to see it made it all the more special. Such a highlight of the trip and something that I am so glad we managed to do.

Once the show was over we lingered for a bit letting the crowds disperse and then started to make our way out of World Showcase back via UK and Canada. One making our way through Canada we had a quick stop to look at the menu at Le Cellier Steakhouse (somewhere that Helen always raves about, I would love to try it one day!)

On making it round to Port of Entry I wanted to hunt down a Farewell to Illuminations t-shirt to mark the evening (I had seen so many people wearing them on that evening!). On getting to the Illuminations merchandise kiosk I found out they were all sold out of the adults version… boo! But they did have the child’s version so I opted for a large one of those instead. It said $24.99 on the tag but on paying it came through at $19.96 including tax, bargain!

New t-shirt purchased I made my way back over to where the others were waiting and found that in the short time I had been gone Charlie had fallen asleep!

By now it the park had closed so we started making our way to the exit, making a stop in Mouse Gear (because who can leave Epcot and not pop in for a look?!). We didn’t buy anything but I clocked a super cute pumpkin Mickey candle holder that I made a note to get at a later point in the trip.

We made it back to the car at 22:20pm and Charlie was still fast asleep in the pushchair. I attempted to transfer him to his car seat without waking him but with no such luck, he woke up and was very, very unhappy about it! The queue to get out of the car park was painfully slow moving and the whole time Charlie was beyond upset at being woken up. He was getting so distraught but there was little any of us could do to comfort him as we were in a moving car so couldn’t get him out of the car seat. We tried everything we could think of to pacify him but to no avail… even Peppa Pig on my phone didn’t work! Let’s just say it was a long journey back to the villa!

The traffic getting back was bad so we didn’t make it back at the villa until around 11pm. I headed straight upstairs to put Charlie to bed, it didn’t take long to get him settled as he was absolutely exhausted by that point from all the crying! Once he was down I headed back downstairs and we all sat down in the living room to watch a recent Tim Tracker video where he went on the Skyliner for the first time. Once that finished it was 12:30am and time for bed for us all!

That brings us to the end of day 2, an epic one that involved experiencing two new lands at Hollywood Studios and saying an emotional farewell to Illuminations at Epcot. Join me for our next installment where we head to Seaworld!

Day 3 can be found here

Edited at 04:19 PM.
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 19, 12:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Mamie Baldwin
VIP Dibber

Ooh you're building up my excitement for seeing the Star Wars Land even though I struggle to differentiate between Star Wars and Star Trek. Glad you're having a fun trip. I adore your Buzz shirt, I have that one too!

Edited at 12:48 AM.
Mamie Baldwin is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 19, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYNIC
Excited about Disney

Great day. Hated the tiering for HS - so silly! Star Wars land was much bigger than I thought it was going to be too. Glad you got to see the final Illuminations. I never got to see it sadly. Thanks for sharing xx

Trip Report October/November 2019:-
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1150263
DISNEYNIC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 19, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Rabel
Very Serious Dibber

A brilliant day. What is it with little boys and that fountain? Every time we went past, our little one ended up being held by his nappy and trousers as he played with the water and he wasn't the only one. Thank you for posting
Rabel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 19, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Another action packed day Lisa - what a super star Charlie was as usual. That car crying incident sounds so stressful, it’s so hard when there’s nothing you can do to comfort them.

Amazing evening though and that selfie of the five of you is so cute. As is the tee.

It sounds like your FIL adored all the Star Wars land. I’d be lost too. It must be how Richard feels when I refuse to leave Diagon Alley at Universal

That water tank is just epic at the Seas isn’t it. No wonder Charlie was captivated.

What did you guys do for dinner or did I miss that somehow xx
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 19, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie52
Excited about Disney

Another fab day! You got some lovely pictures and did so much!

Its always my hubby who gets stuck in the bag que while I skip through with the girls bad wife! but he does get 10 minutes of peace so not sure who the real winner is

The Millennium Falcon (if that is right - I'm not a SW fan!) looks huge! I've never really pictured it that big until seeing your pictures! It looks really impressive.

Glad you were still able to get on Aliens - its such a fun ride!

So nice that you got to watch the last ever illuminations with Charlie - such a lovely moment for you all.
DLP Halloween 2021 - Davy Crockett Ranch, DLP Nov 2022 - Les Villages Natures
minnie52 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 19, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Pop tarts made you feel sick? Who are you and what have you done with Lisa?

Aww I'm glad Charlie liked the Muppets. Teddy bear – too cute!

Galaxy's Edge looks really cool and John's wee face! Bless! Not sure how I feel about that green and blue milk though……

Love Alien Swirling Saucers! So fun and such a clever wee ride, isn’t it? Great for the kids (and big kids)!

Aww great photos of Charlie in the pool! Clearly his happy place!

Oh that is a funny vision of Charlie bopping his head on the car bonnet hahahaha, bless!

Awwww, RIP Illuminations. I think the sky was crying for it! So fab that you got to see it one more time! I'll miss that music!

Lovely day, all round! xxx
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 19, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Ooh it’s exciting to see the Skyliner up and running!

Impressed the photo queue at the entrance to Toy Story Land was so short! It was back to the park entrance pretty much all the time we were there!

You haven’t sold me on the blue or green milk I am afraid! Also I have to confess to skipping past most of your photos (sorry) as Andy and I are trying not to see too much about GE before we go, he really wants to experience it with his own eyeballs for the first time.

Aww the last ever Illuminations, making me very sad. Must have been so emotional. Lucky you being able to fit in a kids' t-shirt though! And yes to Le Cellier - our absolute fave.

Next instalment please #chopchop
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 19, 12:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mamie Baldwin View Post
Ooh you're building up my excitement for seeing the Star Wars Land even though I struggle to differentiate between Star Wars and Star Trek. Glad you're having a fun trip. I adore your Buzz shirt, I have that one too!
Haha even as a complete Star Wars novice I was totally blown away with Galaxy's Edge... now I know what it must be like for non Harry Potter fans going to Universal!

Originally Posted by DISNEYNIC View Post
Great day. Hated the tiering for HS - so silly! Star Wars land was much bigger than I thought it was going to be too. Glad you got to see the final Illuminations. I never got to see it sadly. Thanks for sharing xx
I was amazed with how big Galaxy's Edge was, it just went on forever!

Originally Posted by Rabel View Post
A brilliant day. What is it with little boys and that fountain? Every time we went past, our little one ended up being held by his nappy and trousers as he played with the water and he wasn't the only one. Thank you for posting
Haha boys! The lure of a fountain is strong (and this isn't the last time we had to hold him back from going for a swim in one!)
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 19, 12:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by minnie52 View Post
Another fab day! You got some lovely pictures and did so much!

Its always my hubby who gets stuck in the bag que while I skip through with the girls bad wife! but he does get 10 minutes of peace so not sure who the real winner is

The Millennium Falcon (if that is right - I'm not a SW fan!) looks huge! I've never really pictured it that big until seeing your pictures! It looks really impressive.

Glad you were still able to get on Aliens - its such a fun ride!

So nice that you got to watch the last ever illuminations with Charlie - such a lovely moment for you all.
Haha I'm not sure what is harder work... bag check or keeping hold of the toddler!

Seeing the last illuminations was such a highlight of the trip, one of those special moments that will stay with you forever!

Originally Posted by sheluk View Post
Another action packed day Lisa - what a super star Charlie was as usual. That car crying incident sounds so stressful, it’s so hard when there’s nothing you can do to comfort them.

Amazing evening though and that selfie of the five of you is so cute. As is the tee.

It sounds like your FIL adored all the Star Wars land. I’d be lost too. It must be how Richard feels when I refuse to leave Diagon Alley at Universal

That water tank is just epic at the Seas isn’t it. No wonder Charlie was captivated.

What did you guys do for dinner or did I miss that somehow xx
Haha, I didn't even realise when writing this that I had missed out any mention of dinner! Now there is nothing in my notes and my memory is failing me but if I remember correctly we had some snacks back at the villa before heading back out... I'm sure I did Charlie some toast and fruit at the very least!

Originally Posted by Redrach1903 View Post
Pop tarts made you feel sick? Who are you and what have you done with Lisa?

Aww I'm glad Charlie liked the Muppets. Teddy bear – too cute!

Galaxy's Edge looks really cool and John's wee face! Bless! Not sure how I feel about that green and blue milk though……

Love Alien Swirling Saucers! So fun and such a clever wee ride, isn’t it? Great for the kids (and big kids)!

Aww great photos of Charlie in the pool! Clearly his happy place!

Oh that is a funny vision of Charlie bopping his head on the car bonnet hahahaha, bless!

Awwww, RIP Illuminations. I think the sky was crying for it! So fab that you got to see it one more time! I'll miss that music!

Lovely day, all round! xxx
I loved Alien Swirling Saucers! I must admit I was surprised how much it threw you around, poor Charlie must have been completely baffled by it all having only just woken up!

Oh the Illuminations music, it gets me every time!

Originally Posted by HelenJNT View Post
Ooh it’s exciting to see the Skyliner up and running!

Impressed the photo queue at the entrance to Toy Story Land was so short! It was back to the park entrance pretty much all the time we were there!

You haven’t sold me on the blue or green milk I am afraid! Also I have to confess to skipping past most of your photos (sorry) as Andy and I are trying not to see too much about GE before we go, he really wants to experience it with his own eyeballs for the first time.

Aww the last ever Illuminations, making me very sad. Must have been so emotional. Lucky you being able to fit in a kids' t-shirt though! And yes to Le Cellier - our absolute fave.

Next instalment please #chopchop
Eeeek so soon and you will be seeing GE for yourselves!

Haha I think their kids t-shirts must come up pretty big!