Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 7 Dec 19, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Update - Anyone got or just recovered from this cold that is doing the rounds?

Any good tips for coping with it? Mine started early on Tuesday morning, whilst still asleep, just sneezing and blowing. Thought I was getting better on Thursday but yesterday had to take aspirin. ☹️ Today, my cold is worse. Just breathing makes me cough and my rib muscles are starting to hurt. Mr Google tells me I have an upper respiratory tract infection, which is typical of a cold for me.

My birthday bash was supposed to be this evening but I cancelled yesterday.

I guess I will have this for at least a week but how long does yours last?

Edited at 01:33 PM.
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 19, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
darbs
Imagineer

Mobile

I have just had a similar sounding thing, I took echinacea as well as paracetamol and it seemed to clear up quicker than usual. Hope you feel better soon x
darbs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 19, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

Mine started around Saturday 23rd November, I left work the following Tuesday and straight to the walk in centre as I was struggling to breathe.
Antibiotics prescribed as I am on drugs which suppress my immune system.
2 days in bed and then I had to go back to work on the Friday as we are so short staffed there was nobody to open up for me.
Over 2 weeks later I am still coughing but the infection is gone but I am so tired all the time 🥱
dubletrub is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 19, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

Mobile

I came over with it over 2 weeks ago, still got a blocked/runny nose, the cough got all upper chesty for a while Too, luckily it’s just the nose, stopped taking sudafed and everything now.
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 19, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

No colds doing the rounds where I live.
Old 7 Dec 19, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
My daughter had a nasty cold week before last and is still tired and coughy now. I caught it by last saturday. Really sore throat and streaming nose just in time for DH and I to go to Bristol for a few days Xmas shopping. It's cleared a bit now but I'm still blowing my nose a lot and don't feel great.
Orlando 2004 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 19, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

There's a flu bug doing the rounds here. One of my directors had it, and she was out of the office for 3 days, which is completely unheard of for her. My friend's little boy had it and he was poorly for several days. My friend, her partner and their 3 kids have all gone down with it. There's been high school absences too, between that and the norovirus. Seems to be a particularly bad strain.
Old 7 Dec 19, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mine started started Wed 27th Nov, I had the cough, the runny nose, sore throat. Lying in bed last night thought that I was over ot as I could breathe easy, this morning full on sniffles and cough again. 😕
Old 7 Dec 19, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I had my cold about 3 weeks ago. I’m still coughing. Most symptoms had gone after a week though. I think I’m coming down with another one though as I have been waking up with a sore throat and blocked nose 😩
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 19, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Ninja
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 142
Oh great, started with mine a couple of days ago, caught off DH who started with it last weekend who's still suffering now and now you all tell me I've got weeks of it to look forward to?! Has it affected your appetites too?! I'm off my food a bit which isn't like me
Ninja is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List