Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 8 Dec 19, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
keith1973
Imagineer

I’ve volunteered at a food bank all donations are welcome but if your buying just to donate please think about giving the money instead. The food banks negotiate very good deals with various companies that same tin of beets that costs you 50p they can get for a lot less. Thank you for all that give.
Old 8 Dec 19, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Our local Tesco’s hands out a list of items to donate which is a good idea.
I chose some items from that list and gave them to the people collecting.
Old 8 Dec 19, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7

Our food Bank offers this list and they do ask for crisps.

My dd did NCS a few years ago and they identified a need for toiletries, particularly women’s sanitary products.

Edited at 10:25 PM.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 19, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
choccielover
Imagineer

Mobile

I look at the local food banks website and they say what food they are needing at that time, I then try and spend for a £5 a week extra whilst doing my usual weekly shop and drop it in the food bank box.

Lots of people need this assistance for many many reasons, lots not of their own making and so if I can afford to make a little donation, I will
choccielover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 19, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Mallky555
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I was thinking about this today as I left Tesco and didn’t put anything in the collection I do however have a tonne of tinned soups, custards and rice puddings that I bought in for my dad when he was living with us. Unfortunately he went into a nursing home on Thursday for end of life care😰😰 so tomorrow I will empty it all out of the cupboard and donate to the local food bank 😃
Mallky555 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 19, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
RM2016
Imagineer

RM2016's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I have just recently began volunteering at the Local Food Bank. At the moment we make up packs in various sizes based on 3 days worth of food with essentials, toiletries and we include a some treat items which the Pringles would come under so would be gratefully received.
RM2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 19, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Button17
Imagineer

My mum volunteers and they are grateful for anything. Not alcohol though. At this time of year families get an extra bag with treats in, as everyone deserves treats, and more so in their positions as may have no Santa or presents under the tree. xx
Button17 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 19, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
What I rarely do is far from kind compared to you giving up your time volunteering at a homeless shelter while I am sitting in doors watching tv. Full respect to you for giving up your time helping others.

Thanks for the info, and I admit in the past I have put tins of beans in the collection basket, so I will give pringles and biscuits in the future.
They still need the beans too MH! Just meant a bit of variety is good thing, and not to worry about your Pringles, they will be much appreciated 🥰

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 19, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile

Where I work they do a reverse advent calendar every year where they put up a chart with suggestions on and you offer to donate and then it’s taken to the good bank. Suggestions are food but also toiletries etc. I think people do think of the basics and probably don’t really think of treats.
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 19, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Wouldn’t it be nice if when you do an online shop you could choose items that would be separated and donated to the food bank direct by the supermarket. A kind of online version of the food bank donation point in a supermarket.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List