Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 9 Dec 19, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Mpet
Very Serious Dibber

Alamo Brits May 2020 price drop

I’ve been watching the prices for a while now and finally they’ve dropped to a reasonable price - 20 days full size £527.

Given the exchange rate is also slowly improving, I’m hoping this price will reduce some more!
Mpet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 19, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida Gator
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Yay, thanks for posting. We’ve just booked our car hire for April/May standard SUV. Will keep an eye in case it drops further too 😀
Florida Gator is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
djy
Getting Excited

No change for my 7 seater van, DFCH still lowest when booked in June
Old 10 Dec 19, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks for posting. Alamo were still too high for me even with a big drop, but I checked everywhere else for changes too. Avis through BA came out at £287 for a standard SUV for 13 nights so the other half of my party have booked now .
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I refuse to pander to companies that launch a service at a sky high price then drop as time goes on.

Alamo never used to do this and always launched at a keen price that then rose and ultimately dropped. I used to always lock in early.

So they have lost my business. My 3 bookings for 2020 aren't with them.

Should they change their 'model' I will go back to them otherwise there are plenty more fish in the sea.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Mpet
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Hollie04 View Post
Thanks for posting. Alamo were still too high for me even with a big drop, but I checked everywhere else for changes too. Avis through BA came out at £287 for a standard SUV for 13 nights so the other half of my party have booked now .
That’s a great price - I did check BA and they came out more expensive for me. It just goes to show that you need to keep checking through a range of suppliers.
Mpet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Mpet View Post
That’s a great price - I did check BA and they came out more expensive for me. It just goes to show that you need to keep checking through a range of suppliers.
Definitely! I had to log in to my exec club account to get that price as otherwise it was about £50 more . I have been checking BA, DCFH, Costco travel and Netflights. All been cheapest at some point but this is the first time in months I’ve seen group W close to £300.
I’m actually quite glad that we’re doing a fly drive in October and I can’t second guess the rental price.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 19, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggers friend
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
I refuse to pander to companies that launch a service at a sky high price then drop as time goes on.

Alamo never used to do this and always launched at a keen price that then rose and ultimately dropped. I used to always lock in early.

So they have lost my business. My 3 bookings for 2020 aren't with them.

Should they change their 'model' I will go back to them otherwise there are plenty more fish in the sea.
Hi Tom, always respected your views on car hire, so interested in your above comment, especially as I have been a long time Alamo user. So who is your preferred supplier now? Cheers
1991/92/95HI MGE;97Cali&Disneyland;98St Petes&Kiss;00C'water&Dixie Landings;02S'hern Dunes;05Coasts,Keys,Magic;06Indian Ridge;07Ind Ridge;08Sanibel&Ind Ridge;09Sarasota&Ind Ridge;10Sanibel&Ind Ridge;11Ind Ridge;12Sanibel&WestHaven;13W.Haven;14Sanibel&W.Ha ven;15Sanibel&W.Haven;15W.Haven;16Panhandle&Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel&Loma Vista;18 Gulf Coast/StAg/W.Haven;19 Sanibel/Venice Bch/W.Haven
tiggers friend is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 19, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
georgemac
Imagineer

georgemac's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Prices have definitely dropped - I have Fullsize SUV booked for Atlanta March 18 - 17 day rental - now £648 with BA Avis and dropped from £737 to £677 Alamo Brits - but only £648 with Avis BA - have asked Andy at DCHF to rebook for me at lower price. Alamo has free cancellation - BA offer attractive but 20% cancellation fee.

On the 17th Nov - the fullsize with BA was £982.
1997 Airtours, 1999 BA Best Western LBV, 2001 Westridge Villa, 2005 Westridge Villa (Trip Report)

Edited at 01:33 PM.
georgemac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List