Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 14 Dec 19, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Keeping memories, before, during and after vacations.

I am not sure if this is in the correct section, but it starts in the planning stage and I really wanted to share.

My darling wife realised that although we have great memories, photos, keepsake box, Disney frame for each year etc from previous vacations, a fun scrapbook/diary would be a great way forward. I was sceptical, but now.. utterly love them, looking at them all the time.

Mandie starts the scrapbook many months before we go, spends a fortune (comparatively) on it and quite literally dozens of hours on it, both during and in the months afterwards. They are fun, great reading and a ‘time capsule’.

I have attached some images of her ‘work’. As can be seen, Easter 2020 is already well underway.

Hoping that you like them!

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 09:23 PM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 19, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

I scrapbook as well. Originally paper albums but now I do then digitally and get them printed as a photo book.

I write a trip report and that is the basis of the scrapbook with photos and embellishments too. I love it and really love getting the book back from the printer and looking through it.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 19, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
I scrapbook as well. Originally paper albums but now I do then digitally and get them printed as a photo book.

I write a trip report and that is the basis of the scrapbook with photos and embellishments too. I love it and really love getting the book back from the printer and looking through it.
I also do a trip report (last couple of years), during the evenings and over a glass of wine when the boys are settled.. whilst Mandie does the scrapbook (leaving gaps for later photos). She also has a ‘sprocket’, to knock out some photos (around 2+3 inches).

Whilst I have a wall of photo frames and a keepsake box.. and that years Disney photo album (even though we no longer visit Disney), it is always the Scrapbook that comes out.

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 09:58 PM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 19, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
They are fantastic, a true labour of love! Priceless
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 19, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
OP. Absolutely brilliant, a lot of work but so worthwhile and all credit to you.
We must have thousands of photos on the PC plus backed up but never look at them!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 19, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I’d love to start scrapbooking, I did do a photo book after our first trip in 2016 so I might do another couple when I have time! Great way to remember your holidays!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 19, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

I love this idea, I often keep tickets, leaflets and other memorabillia but it gets shoved in a box and not looked at, this would be a lovely way of using them and remembering exactly what we did when
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 19, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I think the key for us, like when I do trip reports, is to do them pretty much live. The longer you leave such things, the more hazy and rose tinted your memory may well become. I also do the trip report live and in a single thread. I then print it in its entirety when I get home then place it in the relevant keepsake box.

I would love to see some images of what some others do.. we all record such treasured memories in different ways.

Edited at 11:01 PM.
Old 15 Dec 19, 12:40 AM  
Link to this Post
sunseeker100
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post

Which website do you use, I’ve thought of doing this recently?

Great idea OP!
Old 15 Dec 19, 07:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Cherrypie
Imagineer

Mobile

Brilliant work - I’d love to do this , in fact I’m part way through doing our first trip from 2010 - we’ve had four more since! You’ve inspired me to finish that one - I kept diaries for the other trips along with fliers and spare fast passes etc so could in theory do the others too x

The most magical place on earth
Cherrypie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List