Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 Dec 19, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Parking tickets for parking over driveways

In my Borough (also Boris's) in Hillingdon, I was unaware until recently they have scheme whereby if someone parks over your drive you can call parking enforcement and they will send someone out to issue a parking ticket. There doesn't have to be a car parked on your drive, and even a car parked slightly over it (not even blocking it) will be issued ticket issued.

You register your drive free of charge with the council, and they give you a reference number which you quote when you call parking enforcement, and apparently they are usually quick at sending someone out.

I don't have an issue with people parking over my drive, but I'm told this has worked well and stopped inconsiderate people parking over drives when they get a ticket for £110 (or £55 if paid within 14 days).

I thought I would mention it as I've read on here issues with people parking over their driveway, which appears quite commonplace nowadays. So worth checking if your council has the same scheme.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 19, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
A great scheme, wish it was Nationwide.

I really hope they move forward and do something about pavement parking as well. That is out of control.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 19, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Trusty ian
Dibbing with Tink

I don't have problem with cars parking over my drive but opposite my drive making it very difficult to pull out . My partner has reversed into a car parked opposite once. Both our cars are parked side by side on the drive so no room to manouvere/turn until we get to the road. Not to bad in her fiesta but my Mondeo takes quite a few goes to get past cars parked opposite. We have a football club local to us and it seems away fans drive down our road rather than park in the club car park. They park on corners , junctions. Both sides of road, up pavements. Never seen one policeman or traffic warden.
Also got a neighbour who has visitors on a Sunday who park opposite instead of at his house . I have politely asked a few times but they still do it.

Edited at 10:44 AM.
Trusty ian is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 19, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post

I really hope they move forward and do something about pavement parking as well. That is out of control.
They issue tickets where I am for pavement parking (unless of course authorised by a sign and markings).

I live in a narrow road and many years ago we used to park on the pavement or big vehicles couldn't get through (or damage your car in the process). I was issued with a parking ticket for parking on the pavement, so I called my local fire station and had a chat with the chap in charge and explained my concern, that in an emergency they wouldn't get their vehicles down our road. Within an hour or two a fire engine turned up to check what I had said, and guess what they couldn't get through (without damaging cars which they would do as a last resort). Result was parking ticket scrapped, and pavement parking allowed (within the white lines they painted shortly afterwards).

Crazy that they didn't consider doing this years beforehand.

Edited at 10:43 AM.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 19, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
SimonB
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Trusty ian View Post
I don't have problem with cars parking over my drive but opposite my drive making it very difficult to pull out . My partner has reversed into a car parked opposite once. Both our cars are parked side by side on the drive so no room to manouvere/turn until we get to the road. Not to bad in her fiesta but my Mondeo takes quite a few goes to get past cars parked opposite. We have a football club local to us and it seems away fans drive down our road rather than park in the club car park. They park on corners , junctions. Both sides of road, up pavements. Never seen one policeman or traffic warden.
Also got a neighbour who has visitors on a Sunday who park opposite instead of at his house . I have politely asked a few times but they still do it.
Sympathise with you, we have exactly the same issue and live near a train station on the Gatwick line. A car appeared opposite our drive last Sunday and is still there.
SimonB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 19, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

We live on a narrow avenue and one side of the road park on the pavement to leave the road free for emergency services. Our houses where built in the 20’s when people didn’t have cars now every house has 2 or 3.
dubletrub is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 19, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

When we moved here, parking was a main consideration in any new house! We all had cars and needed a big drive. Which we found.
Being near to schools and the uni we have parking restrictions for two hours during the day. DH has a parking permit for the street and leaves a car outside to stop people parking over our driveway! He uses it and gets back to park before the rush. Also stops parking opposite us and the neighbours are happy with that.
Old 15 Dec 19, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

We have a neighbour opposite with the red car, who won’t park on their drive but park across it on the road, they are terrible drivers have knocked down their wall & when trying to squeeze in front of their drive nudged my son’s car a few years ago 🤬
They didn’t think anyone saw, but as our kitchen is in the front of the house I watched it all, Hubbie went mental & he paid for a new number plate.
It’s a daily joke that I watch their manoeuvres trying to park their car
ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 19, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Yep, bil lives in Ruislip and applied for this as the house next door has 5 cars for a single car driveway and they park like idiots
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 19, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
disney_l81
Very Serious Dibber

Same! Weve had awful trouble with neighbours, asking them politely hasn't worked and unfortunately it took an almighty row with next door and hubby threatening to build a wall (no, hubby is not Donald Trump ) to make them not block us in
disney_l81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List