Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 Dec 19, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
daisymae
Imagineer

Mobile

We are at the entrance to a cul de sac which has a pavement on either side then when it hits our neighbours drive it turns into monobloc and also the same on our side. Our drives are directly opposite each other . Theirs is a single 3 car drive and we have a double width drive fits 4 cars. Everyday they park at least one car on the pavement but today they are practically on the pavement right up to the junction. How our other neighbour who is in a wheelchair is going to get onto the pavement I don’t know. Their visitors also always park right across the drive and it’s a pain having to manoeuvre our car into the drive. They are great neighbours but their parking is atrocious. Here in Scotland a bill has been passed regarding pavement parking but I think it’s a year before it becomes law.
daisymae is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 19, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Well the only drive parking wars in my house are internally made. We have two drive spaces and room for two cars in front. I am forever getting the kids out of bed to move their cars so I can get out! We don’t go in front of the neighbours’ drives but I’m sure we get on their nerves. It gets on my nerves TBH.
Old 15 Dec 19, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
braby
Serious Dibber

I wish they did this round our way, we live ina semi and both have single car drives, although ours is an odd shape and if we park carefully we can get two cars on but one in front of the other. The road were on is a green and has three layby's that get 6 or 7 cars in each.
All in all plenty of parking, the ammount of times I have to go and knock on our neighbours doors as they've parked across our drive, it must 10 times a week they won't park across their own drives though, that goes for any visitors as well, there will be empty parking spaces 50ft away but they'll still park across the drive.
I'm contemplating getting some car dollies and moving there car to the middle of the road if it keeps going on.
braby is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 19, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’m not sure if they do this in our borough (Hounslow) but I know they definitely do it in Richmond. A friend is forever on the phone to them as the main road she lives on, drivers are forever parking a foot or so over her driveway making it nearly impossible to get on or off it. Maybe it’s a London thing?

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 19, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I wish we had that here. We have shops at the end of the road and people think they can just park in front of our drive as "they'll only be 5 minutes". It's a really busy road and it makes it so much more difficult.
Old 15 Dec 19, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

I’d welcome it
Where I live
I have a double drive and get people parking over it so it blocks both!
mushumadness is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 19, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

We have some roads where some don't have dropped kerbs, but are using their drives for parking.

I don't block them, but I wish they'd get dropped kerbs.
Old 15 Dec 19, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

As the national law is that parking across a dropped kerb is not an offence unless there is car parked on the drive, where do people find a list of all local by-laws ?

It does annoy me how councils can introduce resident parking zones without the agreement of residents and charge then an annual fee for the privaliage. O and then not give guests a way of parking legally without buying a day pass from a location which is only open at certain times of the day.

Anyone should be allowed to park on a public highway as long as they are not causing an obstruction or parking in a way which breaks the law.

As for the comments earlier about having to park on the pavement or vehicles could not get through, i think that is called obstruction and is an offence. No one in a vehicle should choose to block a pavement (eg leave a small smaller then adouble buggy) . I would love our council to start enforcing pavement parking and not with just a fine but by towing the vehicle.
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 19, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Bertiebear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
A great scheme, wish it was Nationwide.

I really hope they move forward and do something about pavement parking as well. That is out of control.
My bug bear! When the kids were small in buggies I refused to push them into the road so if I car got knocked with said buggy tough! Also my son is visually impaired and has enough to deal with let alone inconsiderate parking.

Edited at 06:58 PM.
Bertiebear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 19, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

You should not have to have a law to stop people parking over driveways it's basic common sense and good manners!
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List