Notices

View Poll Results: Do you have a landline.
No - never had one 15 3.77%
No - chose to give it up 56 14.07%
Yes - hardly ever used 263 66.08%
Yes - use it a fair bit 39 9.80%
Yes - use it all the time 25 6.28%
Voters: 398. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2 Sep 20, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Yes , the head has got it No getting out of it.
Yes those who don’t think they have it , do have it and don’t realise.
With Sky now you can’t even get “just the phone” it’s a combined price for both whichever bits you choose to use/don’t use. Standard BB (copper wire) is the same , you get both but obviously slower BB and is around £22
Thank you !
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 20, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
°o°-Hannah-°o°
Imagineer

°o°-Hannah-°o°'s Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile

Only for the Internet, no phone is plugged in
Old 26 Apr 21, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
grumpybri
VIP Dibber

We have landline as part of Sky TV, broadband deal. Never use it except to talk to Sky.
Package would cost more if we took it off?
Old 26 Apr 21, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

We used to have one when we had Sky (and never actually used it) but since moving to Germany we gave Sky and the land line up and never went back!
lfc_sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 21, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

We only use ours to receive and make calls to my inlaws in the USA.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 21, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

Yes but mainly for broadband. We moved 2 years ago and I don't give the landline number out, it is really only used by my SiL - phonecalls from her are a challenge to say the least so I dont give her my mobile, that way I can at least be 'out' when I just cant deal with her. (sounds nasty but honestly I am the only person in the family she has not fallen out with)
sam7 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 21, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
When we got FTTP installed back in December I did ask about the need for the landline. Only two people ever phone it and frankly they can easily use a mobile number.

Was told by BT at the time that at some point in the "near" future they will switch on the "landline" via my hub meaning the current wire can go. Indeed they threw in a couple of decent free handsets just because I was on the phone to them.

However as everything is now a package price the cost of being with BT is not going to drop at all when the handset is gone which is a bit of a con.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 21, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sam7 View Post
Yes but mainly for broadband. We moved 2 years ago and I don't give the landline number out, it is really only used by my SiL - phonecalls from her are a challenge to say the least so I dont give her my mobile, that way I can at least be 'out' when I just cant deal with her. (sounds nasty but honestly I am the only person in the family she has not fallen out with)
Not nasty at all - it is a lucky family indeed who doesn’t have at least one relation who is hard going.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 21, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Julie
Proud to wear my Ears

I usually use my landline when I expect to stay on hold if the waiting time is likely to be lengthy. That leaves my mobile free.
Disney Julie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 21, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
quiddity
Apprentice Imagineer

quiddity's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We have one inly because every time virgin try to increase their prices we ask to cancel it but they end up giving it to us free!

Plus work have to have a contact number (used mainly to call people in or cancel their overtime) so they only get the landline which means highly unlikely we'll be in or answer lol
7/2/12-9/2/12 cheyenne DLP for 1st time!
28/09/12-12/10/12 clarion inn LBV again again!
quiddity is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List