Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 3 Sep 21, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
MJ6987
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
I'm a big fan of Touring Plans and have used them in some way for every trip so far. Genie's attraction planning service sounds very similar to what TP do, but there is a bit of me that wonders if Disney will use theirs to try and spread crowds out so won't necessarily give you the best options for you, but the best to suit their needs. Whereas TP will be more impartial and work for the user. It will be interesting to see, compare and hear feedback when Genie is live.
Pretty sure this is what Disney will do - try and get the crowds distributed as evenly as possible throughout the park. Touring Plans' Len Testa has also hinted as much to me.
MJ6987 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 21, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks this
Definitely not just you! Just another way for them to manipulate us 😉. I do think TP will be more impartial than Genie, but you never know, I guess.
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 07:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I’m surprised they haven’t got a start date announced yet. Maybe once all these signs are up although I don’t see why that would make any difference, FP isn’t functioning now, is it? Why not just announce the start date
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

They need to hurry up if they want this in place for the 50th. There will be all sorts of teething troubles and faults at the start. And surely they don’t want 1 October crowds with only standby lines?
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
They need to hurry up if they want this in place for the 50th. There will be all sorts of teething troubles and faults at the start. And surely they don’t want 1 October crowds with only standby lines?
That was my thoughts. Plus guests need to know who is getting up a 7 on what dayb🤭😂😂😂
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

I love touringplans
Teen me there with the paper version from the back of the book lol

Will always use them. I’m not sure about this genie. I really don’t want to spend extra money so will have to see what happens when everyone else goes but it’s killing me not to have a date to go back.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 21, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Very interesting. I think touring plans is great. Need to resubscribe but waiting till October so I have it for potentially 3 trips next year.

I am struggling to get my head round how this all fits with the advance park reservations. Our summer trip is 4th July and I have dim and distant memories of paper fast passes running out for the day early, I’d be happy to hop to a quieter park but now have to stay put till 2pm.

Can’t wait to see how it all works once it starts but Disney and IT never fill me with confidence.
Old 6 Sep 21, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
I used TP for Universal last time and it was fantastic. Could not recommend it enough. I’d rather pay them the money than pay for Genie+.
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 21, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MJ6987 View Post
Pretty sure this is what Disney will do - try and get the crowds distributed as evenly as possible throughout the park. Touring Plans' Len Testa has also hinted as much to me.
Makes the most sense, but it may then make touring plans useless if it's distributing people and constantly changing. It will take a while for them to get any sort of statistics and all depends how many people actually use genie.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 21, 12:45 AM  
Link to this Post
assos
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by dan223 View Post
Makes the most sense, but it may then make touring plans useless if it's distributing people and constantly changing. It will take a while for them to get any sort of statistics and all depends how many people actually use genie.
Potentially in theory, but I think in practice Touring Plans will quickly get a handle on how Genie is effecting traffic patterns and the software will adapt plans accordingly - actually I almost wonder if the opposite could happen - Touring Plans users messing with the Genie recommendations, but I don’t think there would be enough TP users for that?