Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 5 Sep 19, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Toria_dee
Imagineer

Price help

Looking for some help/guidance if this is an average/decent price please?

BA flydirve - 29/6-27/7/20 2 adults 3 children (14, 11 & 8)
GLA>LGW>TPA return with Chevrolet Suburban - £3300

Same dates and car GLA>LHR>MIA return £3119

Any advice greatly appreciated.

xx

WDW July 2017
Lapland Dec 2024
Disneyland Hotel 2025
Orlando Nov-Dec 2026
Toria_dee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 19, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

Seems reasonable...4 weeks car hire would be over £800 making the tickets sub £500
babbymint is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 19, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Toria_dee
Imagineer

Originally Posted by babbymint View Post
Seems reasonable...4 weeks car hire would be over £800 making the tickets sub £500
That's what we're thinking. We budgeted £3k for flydrive. I looked at Avis car hire alone for the same dates and car and it was £1358.40 at MIA for four weeks and £1535.40 at TPA.

x

WDW July 2017
Lapland Dec 2024
Disneyland Hotel 2025
Orlando Nov-Dec 2026
Toria_dee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 19, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
I used to aim for under £500 fly drive Edin-Gatw-MCO but our fly drive in October was £700 ish (including luggage but not cost of booking seats). I put it down to booking late (April) as had seen prices below £500 before I could book and the only cheaper flights were indirect outwith the UK which we did not want to do.

The dates you are looking at are obviously right at the start of the Scottish holidays so this may add to the cost but they still seem quite steep albeit 4 weeks car hire compared to the 2 we normally have. If however you are hapy with the price then book and let your planning commence. A sale has just started but may not impact these dates and historically there is another sale in December but you might not want to wait that long.

Edited at 09:13 PM.
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 19, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Toria_dee
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mel49 View Post
I used to aim for under £500 fly drive Edin-Gatw-MCO but our fly drive in October was £700 ish (including luggage but not cost of booking seats). I put it down to booking late (April) as had seen prices below £500 before I could book and the only cheaper flights were indirect outwith the UK which we did not want to do.

The dates you are looking at are obviously right at the start of the Scottish holidays so this may add to the cost but they still seem quite steep albeit 4 weeks car hire compared to the 2 we normally have. If however you are hapy with the price then book and let your planning commence. A sale has just started but may not impact these dates and historically there is another sale in December but you might not want to wait that long.
This is where i'm at, I'm not 100% happy with the price, but I'm worried waiting until December sale will result in no saving or paying more. EDI prices for the same dates are over £4k

I hate this part of booking

xx

WDW July 2017
Lapland Dec 2024
Disneyland Hotel 2025
Orlando Nov-Dec 2026
Old 5 Sep 19, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Toria_dee View Post
This is where i'm at, I'm not 100% happy with the price, but I'm worried waiting until December sale will result in no saving or paying more. EDI prices for the same dates are over £4k

I hate this part of booking

xx
I never understand the fluctuation between Edinburgh and Glasgow as always price up both as we are in the middle but maybe as historically start of Edinburgh Trades is why such a difference. I nearly didn't book for October as highest price we've paid but when priced up other destinations were just as bad so to avoid the drive to Manchester or having to connect in US just booked and tried to forget about price.
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 19, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Toria_dee
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mel49 View Post
I never understand the fluctuation between Edinburgh and Glasgow as always price up both as we are in the middle but maybe as historically start of Edinburgh Trades is why such a difference. I nearly didn't book for October as highest price we've paid but when priced up other destinations were just as bad so to avoid the drive to Manchester or having to connect in US just booked and tried to forget about price.
Prices right now are a bit skee-wiff!

I'm hoping they settle down a bit.

x

WDW July 2017
Lapland Dec 2024
Disneyland Hotel 2025
Orlando Nov-Dec 2026
Old 6 Sep 19, 12:08 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

No advice TD, just wanted to see the bairns photo