Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 30 Aug 19, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
stinkyminky
Apprentice Imagineer

positive result from avis

I just wanted to post this about Avis rental. we rented a car in canada through avis, I was very much aware of how some of these companies work. I checked that we had prepaid fuel. guy said yes thats why the estimate for charges is 0.

stupid mistake, did not read the paper work. signed to bring back full.
got charged £130 for a tank of petrol on a very small car. I was so cross. I was sure I took out extra driver and full tank. checked everything and found I hadn't

complaind at the desk. got nowhere.
so I sent a message via facebook messenger. I was refunded the full amount as a goodwill gesture. I should have been charged at a local rate and wasn't.

so pleased. so don't not complain.

08 regal palms 09 reunion 10 orange lakes
11 villa12 okw13 villa14 Villa '15 villa
16 westcoast'17 disney
stinkyminky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
stinkyminky
Apprentice Imagineer

oh rented with alamo in florida with andy at discount florida car hire and it was a great service. Andy got us a great deal and alamo were just a much better upfront company.

08 regal palms 09 reunion 10 orange lakes
11 villa12 okw13 villa14 Villa '15 villa
16 westcoast'17 disney
stinkyminky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Viking17
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I had a similar problem with Avis. We got sidetracked on the last day of the hols and I totally forgot to to the fuel up. Was charged about $10 per gallon by Avis, so complained that this was disgraceful as it was 4 times the local cost and as a preffered customer I assumed that I'd be fairly treated by them.

Have just received an email from them saying my charge will be adjusted but this could take up to four weeks to complete. Will be interesting to see how much they refund me.
I was more than happy to pay a fair price plus a fee for the task of refuelling, but $10 a gallon is unfair.

Definitely something to be aware of in future.
Old 3 Sep 19, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

I had no problem with Avis and was dreading it - we even got a text the day before it was due back to remind us we had to fill up before we gave car back . The man looked at the fuel whilst we was there and I was hoping it hadn't gone down too much on our journey back to the airport but it was fine and receipt said no charges due.
Old 3 Sep 19, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
MamaGchild
Earning More Ears

Mobile

That gives me hope then. We used Avis and signed to bring the car back full, which we did. This was last Friday at MCO. Husband checked his statements on Sunday to find they had charged us $37 for fuel. Stupidly, we had not photographed the fuel gauge. Have emailed to complain, but so far no reply. Might have to try the Facebook page.
MamaGchild is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 01:07 AM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Avis at MCO had a good experience yesterday, paid with BA Group B but wanted a sat nav, I know they are dated so was told it would be extra $17 a day but better car was about $20, so no brainer, paid $269 for Luxury Chrysler 300, that includes the pre paid gas too, fingers crossed all showing on the Halifax App already so no extra charges, Hubbie’s Happy
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List