Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 21 Sep 19, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Glyndsey
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Oh no loved going there looks like I will be missing it next visit ! Such a shame that people are making money of buying stuff in the stores unfortunately that's the world we now seem to live in. ~Still shocked about the Banshee prices makes me cry thinking what my son paid lol
Glyndsey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
I've seen some of the you tube vlogs where there's queues to get in and then to pay but there was one last night where the vlogger went at 7pm at night. It was much quieter, minimal queues and still plently of stock but maybe not the headline banshee type bargains. I used to like going to pick up presents at a reasonable price and DD is looking for pins for her denim jacket/rucksack so I think we'll try an evening visit.
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 12:21 AM  
Link to this Post
holidayrep
slightly serious Dibber

holidayrep's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

I heard it is starting to calm a little.

It was a perfect storm with the shop being found to be over capacity so had to get a lot stricter with numbers, getting rid of a huge amount of stock including 99c ears and vloggers

Not as much stuff coming in now so should calm a little in the coming weeks
Old 26 Sep 19, 02:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Beaupink
Helping Mickey

Originally Posted by holidayrep View Post
I heard it is starting to calm a little.

It was a perfect storm with the shop being found to be over capacity so had to get a lot stricter with numbers, getting rid of a huge amount of stock including 99c ears and vloggers

Not as much stuff coming in now so should calm a little in the coming weeks
We went into the Vineland one today - absolute rubbish! All clothing and not much else at all half the shelves were empty

Nothing like what they used to stock there when I was last out here

Very disappointing so won’t be bothering again
Beaupink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 03:22 AM  
Link to this Post
charlie_fame
Very Serious Dibber

charlie_fame's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

We are here in Orlando now and have visited the Character warehouse on Vineland twice now during the trip. We had seen online from vloggers that it had become very busy over the last 2-3 months due to having an increase in stock and high price items at really cheap prices - like loungefly bags , banshees, ears etc we got there about 9:15 and there was already a queue outside , by the time it opened at 10am the line was very long and they had a separate queue around the other side. When the doors opened they let a certain amount of people in then operate a one in one out policy. We were one of the first in and there were clearly lots of ebayers/personal shoppers running and grabbing multiples of many items. I really wanted a particular loungefly backpack but didn’t end up getting it as people had 4 or 5 in their baskets. I also saw one woman with around 40 pairs of 99c ears in her basket. That being said we got a fair few bargains like ears , pins , some nice t shirts , mugs etc it really is hit and miss as we went a 2nd time and there was hardly any stock.
charlie_fame is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
We went about midday, and there was a queue of about 20-30 people outside. I can't be doing with that so we walked around the shops for a bit (not seeing many I wanted to go in) and then returned later, and it the queue was totally gone so we went in. There were a lot of small and medium clothes in there, no good for me, but DW bought a Goofy jumper
grant_w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

we went a couple of weeks back and ended up spending 2 hours in total, queuing to get in and to pay. We did manage to get a lounge fly back for 9.99 for my daughter and niece for her birthday. Also got 99c ears. We tried to go again on Sunday but the car park was full!
Feb 2003 AKL, April 2003 Villa, June 2003 ASMu Nov 2003 OKW, Dec 2003 CSR & PVR, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 RPR & OKW, Dec 2012 POFQ & BLT. Aug 2015 Disney Magic, Sep 2016 ASsports, Sep 2019 OKW, March 2020, Holiday Inn Celebration. 2021 CSR, Sep 22 Pop Century, BLT & AKL. Feb23 Dockside US. Aug 23 Disney Dream, Jan 24 ASSp Sep 2024 ASSp
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 19, 03:28 AM  
Link to this Post
shrek1609
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

We are here now and over the past couple of weeks have been three times to Vineland outlets... once in a morning, once late afternoon and one evening and I’ve still to set foot inside character warehouse as the queues are crazy no matter what day or time we’ve been.

I have however seen people coming out loaded up with bags.

A lady was telling me she bought a t shirt she had seen in the parks for $30 for just $7.50

Sorry but personally I’m not queuing to shop
2013 A level celebrations Mum & daughter HRH/RPR/Rosen@Pointe
2008 All the family Regal Palms/HRH
shrek1609 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 19, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Lynda__Loo
Proud to wear my Ears

We attempted to go to the one at Vineland about a week and a half ago, the queue was huge so we gave it a miss and this was around 11.30am. Carried on shopping and tried again before we headed home, queue was still stretched up past a few shops!

Few days later we were up at the outlets at the top of I-Drive before opening so took the chance to go round to this character warehouse. We were there at about 9.40am and there was already a good sized queue.

We were let in with the first group at 10am and it was chaos, groups of people grabbing handfulls from shelves...still not totally sure what it was they were grabbing! To be honest we were fairly underwhelmed with what was there, we ended up with a couple of little bits for my nieces but really dont know what all the fuss was about.

Again we went by when we were leaving the outlets later in the afternoon and there was still a queue so seems to be queues at both for the majority of the day.

I wouldnt rush back in future!
Lynda__Loo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 19, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
kellsbells
Imagineer

We went twice during our recent trip and arrived to huge queue's at opening (even though we had arrived quite early!). Even as recently as May I turned up 10 mins after opening and walked straight in so I think this is a pretty recent development.

I think it's purely down to the ebay/personal shopper crowd and it's a bit of a viscous circle. I think they are the reason that stock has been good and a lot of it current but it also makes the experience less pleasant. I wouldn't be surprised at all if CM's are encouraged to be helpful to those shopping professionally, Disney could easily put more measures in place to make it difficult for them if they didn't want them there.

If you can stick it out though there are some great bargains to be had. We got several things that were still selling for full price in the parks and managed to pick up a D&B too for less than half price I was also most pleased to pick up a F&G mug which I never got around to buying in May!

kellsbells is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List