dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

Loving your report.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Mobile

Love the look of your strawberry daiquiri at polite pig. That’s my favourite cocktail so I’ll definitely be asking for one of those - thanks for the tip!
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by nursetina View Post
Thanks for update, love this live report as it's helping me decide on things to try next week. Have a great last day and hope you mange to get through your remaking credits.
I’m glad it’s been useful for you. Hope you have a wonderful holiday. The weather is glorious at the moment- have a fab time! Ps - we will be eating breakfast/lunch and dinner today so will use the remaining credits no problem

Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
Loving your report.
Thank you so much!

Originally Posted by orlandoamber View Post
Love the look of your strawberry daiquiri at polite pig. That’s my favourite cocktail so I’ll definitely be asking for one of those - thanks for the tip!
Yes they are my favourite too... they are under the mocktail section with a side note of add rum. They said they change and the current options are strawberry and pina colada. Hopefully they will be the same when you go!
4holibobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
saratogajan
Apprentice Imagineer

Just read right through. Everything looks so good, especially the polite pig. Thanks!
saratogajan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by saratogajan View Post
Just read right through. Everything looks so good, especially the polite pig. Thanks!
Thanks for taking the time to read my report
4holibobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Great report , some great food choices
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Waltdisnae
Getting Excited

Mobile

I've really enjoyed your report, hope you have a Fab cruise.
Waltdisnae is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 01:35 AM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

Day 9 - Resort hopping, POFQ and Magic Kingdom

Hello and good evening from the Tangled Lanterns photo queue. We have been told it’s an hours wait from where we are standing so I thought I would make a start on the report.

With 6 QS credits left our aim was for breakfast, lunch and dinner today, however - spoiler - thT didn’t happen.

I ate my rice Krispy treat in bed after waking up at 8am.

It was delicious!

We packed our cases ready to leave Disney tomorrow and realised we could use a small pull along case as DH’s main piece of hand luggage so we set off for Walmart to pick one up.

It didn’t take too long and we were soon back at the hotel and on a bus to Magic Kingdom to go on a monorail trail.

First stop was the contemporary, we looked at the quick service menu but nothing tempted us, so we decided to move on. We didn’t really like the contemporary, I’m sure it appeals to lots of people and I can understand the closeness to Magic Kingdom but it wasn’t for us.

We headed to the Polynesian and immediately were blown away with the resort. It looked, and smelt, amazing!

We headed for Captain Cooks and decided to eat there.

We both chose the pulled pork nachos. Since we had taken our resort mugs with us we asked if we could swap drinks for snacks and this was no issue. DH had yoghurt and musili in a pot and I had a cupcake.

We were given a pager and told to sit down and our food would be brought out to us.

We noted that the drinks station wasn’t as good as the one in our quick service, we have the freestyle type machines, but here it was the dispensers with Coke, sprite, lemonade in.

We waited around 10 minutes for our food to come. It was worth the wait...

The portion was very generous and in hindsight we should have got one portion of the nachos and something else to share. There was lots of pork and the salsa had small chunks of pineapple in it. I’m not usually a fan of pineapple with savoury items such as gammon or on pizza but this was actually really tasty.

This was my plate when I had finished..

DH managed to finish all of his.

We decided to take our desserts and sit on the beach to eat them.

DH said the texture was like fromage frais and it tasty fruity. He enjoyed it.

The cake was soft and tasty and the icing was lovely too, it wasn’t overly sweet. I was intrigued about the fact it said cheesecake on the packaging, and it was the buttercream in the middle which had a cheesecake taste.

It was ok, but I would have preferred just the buttercream from the top in the middle.

For our last evening where else could we come but Magic Kingdom.

We checked the menus out beforehand and nothing struck our fancy, so we checked on the menu in the hotel and decided to eat there before we came out.

We both chose the same, the ribeye with mashed potato (I had gravy on mine), beans and carrots. You can choose 3 sides and the other options were rice with beans, sweet corn, Mac and cheese (I think).

For a quick service meal it was actually quite enjoyable. My steak was quite fatty around the edge, but the part I actually ate was nice. It has a spicy seasoning on it. DH had a corona with his and I took my mug with me so had some grapes.

The grapes have gone in the fridge for later. We both enjoyed the meal and we’re glad we chose to eat here over the quick service locations in Magic Kingdom having already done Pecos Bills and Liberty Tree Tavern.

We have used our 38th and 39th snack credits on two raspberry pineapple dole floats.

They tasted like the fruit salad sweets you used to get. Really refreshing, we enjoyed them.

We will use our final two quick service credits on breakfast in the morning and will maybe pick up a Starbucks on the way out with our last snack credit.

Tomorrow we check out of the French Quarter and drive down to Port Canaveral to pick up the Harmony of the Seas for a week.

We don’t have any internet on the ship, but I will continue photographing my food and write up each day in my notes so I can copy and paste them when I am home. They will probably be less of a report than up until now and more just quick notes.

Thanks to everyone who has followed along and commented, it’s spurred me on to keep this live.

We are the front of the queue now (45 mins), so I’ll sign off and will update tomorrow before we board the ship.

Thanks for reading
Old 22 Sep 19, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I hope you enjoyed your last day in MK. Have fun on the cruise.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve loved your report. I think we have very similar tastes in a lot of food Enjoy the cruise!
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List