VIP Dibber

col2501's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
The PB&J Tour - August 2019 - Day 17 - Celebration and Magic Kingdom

Index here

Sunday 25th August 2019

Lots of firsts today! loved the whole day.

I got up at... 10.00am! YES! finally, a proper lie in! and a first for this holiday
Still up earlier than my troops but as already established, they can, and do, sleep for England.

Another first today was a trip to the beautiful town of Celebration. Every time we have been to WDW, I have always had this on my lisit for a visit and never managed it, but we DID today, yay!

It was HOT HOT HOT today so I bribed the girls with ice creams and said we'd just have a little stroll round and then head to a park where there is WIFI and AC in abundance.

No explanation needed really, look at the photos, this place is beautiful and I was so happy just having a little stroll round on a gorgeous day.

For Ice Cream we chose here :

Between us we had the following ice cream, blue moon, superman, mint choc chip, salted caramel and I had Sm'ores in a peanut butter chocolate waffle cone. This was IMMENSE, honestly like an entire meal on it's own! Which I polished off in it's entirety

Just gorgeous, all of it!

On the way back to the car, Chris spotted this, means nothing to me but he liked it enough to take photos

Back in the car and headed to Magic Kingdom. First stop the fire station to get some sorceror cards to play with - another first for us! The line moved quickly, we registered, tapped our magaic bands then the cast member takes you to onside to give you a practice run in the fire station.

It's an interactive game, a bit like the Agent P missions in Epcot but on a bigger scale. Each member of your party gets a pack of cards, (you can get a pack everytime you go to MK, there's special packs given on Halloween and Christmas party nights) You also get a Map and when you do your practice run, that will tell you where (which land in the park) to do your first mission, and off you go!

Each card has a character and and spell amounts on them, what the goal is, is too get the most powerful cards together to cast spells to defeat enemies.

We had never been aware of this before, but once you play it you suddenly become aware of lots of others playing it and some American families had a Huuuuuugggggeeee stack of cards! You can also swap with people if you choose too. I'll post some photo's in a minute but before I explain where our game took us.

Before that, it was FP time to meet Mickey and Minnie in their party outfits, I kept going to say Birthday suits but kept having to stop myself!
some photos in the line

The cast member here was lovely and chatty and he loved Mine and Poppy's tops, Mine was in the sale ffrom the Disnjey Store UK and Poppy's was a Primark sale gem. I think because they were UK tops and he had never seen them before he loved them.

in fact, all the American's we met loved and giggled at Poppy's top. In

Lovely experience, and I totally get why people are not happy with the removal of photopass photographers in favour of the booths, I love that photo of Poppy with Minnie and I know booths won't always capture that.

Our sorcerers card mission has sent us to Adventure Land so off we went down main street.

Straight to Tortuga Tavern to find the first part of our mission, and feed the girls.

The cards and the Map.

These are what you are looking for as you go round, you activate them with the lead party member's magic band. you listen to the message and carry on to the next bit. Eventually you will have to fight a villian and you all have to hold your cards up (1 each) to make the strongest spell. You don't have much time and some of the looks you get from people who have no clue what you are doing is hilarious!

We had a great time doing ours, and I LOVE the fact that it sent us to Adventure Land, It's probably the place we spend least amount of time in. I'd wanted to change that anyway this trip, especially with some of Walt's original rides being here but this mission gave me the perfect opportunity to do just that today.

Poppy and her food, oh look, it's a hotdog!

For me. today was really 'looking' at Magic Kingdom. I have been totally drawn in by the podcast connecting with Walt and I was determined to really appreciate lots of things that I never have before. I didn't want it to be all about dashing from ride to ride.

I made sure to pay attention to all the windows on Main street and it was lovely that I now know the back story behind so many of those names up there.

Having said that, it was time for the next FP, Spalsh Mountain, so I went with Jess while Chris went on the Magic Carpets with Poppy.

Then we swapped and Chris and Jess did SM and I took Poppy to another of my firsts that I was inspired to do because of the podcast and literally wanting to see one of Walt's originals.

This certainly wouldn't be to everyones taste but I loved it and so glad I took Poppy, she enjoyed it as a 6 year old would. I would most definitely always make a visit there now but thats because of my new interest in the history of all things Walt Disney.

What was really lovely too, is that those birds that come down, are French and they name them all, one of which was called Colette! You should have seen Poppy's face, it was priceless and I just thought, see I was meant to come and see this today

Next up for us all was a visit to the Swiss Family Robinson Tree House, again not something we've ever done before. Poppy loved it. Some of the views are amazing (not that you would know it from my photos but trust me they are), I can totally see whay this is a recommended place to watch fireworks from at night too.

I really really wanted to go on the Jungle Cruise but an hour wait and no FP's available it was a nope. It's another one I have never done and another Walt original. Also I'd say to Chris, I'm happy to go on these alone, they mean something to me that my family don't share and I didn't want to make them go on things they wouldn't appreciate it, but all is not lost, I do get to go on it another day, and Jess comes on it with me, yay!

Poppy asked to do Pirates of the Carribean again, it's not often that she makes a ride request so off we went, 25min wait.

again, I appreciated this ride more than I ever have. I've not seen the films (my family all have) so it doesn't appeal to me that way, but again because of the podcast, I know and appreciate the history, I know what was in the ride before and what was changed and the reasons behind it, all very interesting to me.

While we were in the line for this I got a FP for Buzz at 8pm. and we were all hungry now so off we go to Caseys, it's one of our MUST DO's every trip. Chris was SO looking forward to going here, and Poppy, well hot dog heaven or what!

We did sit outside because it was mega busy as always (mobile ordering again - the way to go! )
and so the ducks where everywhere and despite all the signs saying please do not feed, people were and I'm not a fan of birds in general, I HATE the noise of flapping wings - I am absolutely terrifed of being by pigeons and seagulls, so this bit wasn't fun, but, admittedly, these ducks were not as agressive as pigeons or seagulls can be so I coped!

After Tea, it was FP for Buzz, I did really well this time, no photo evidence though!

Poppy loved this too!
I'd got a FP for Dumbo whilst in the line for this too, not necessarily needed but it still cuts out a part of the line that you would have to walk through to get there.

Off Buzz and straight on to the People Mover, another FIRST, even I can't beleive we have never done this on any of our trips. Even more pleased that I managed to get an okay photo of the model of Walt's vision for EPCOT. I wish the ride slowed down at that part so I could have a proper look! I'm SO glad we did this, we all enjoyed it.

Next up was Dumbo, we rode this together too

Chris and Jess went off to do Barnstormer, just because it was a ride they had never done, despite it being a bit 'young' for them, but they thought it was okay.

Poppy and I walked on to Under the Sea. I never get tired of this ride!

As we walked off it and towards Gaston's There was Chris and Jess so that was good timing, we had this took as there was no line.

Poppy was desperate to go on the Carousel so we walked over but they were closing it as the fireworks were about to start and said it will be back open once they are over. So we carried on to do Mickey's Philarmagic.

I LOVE this! I'd forgotten how much, It's been YEARS since we've been in here, and Poppy really enjoyed it too which was nice, she has definitely evolved with rides and experiences as the holiday has progressed.

As we came out the fireworks had started, I hate being hemmed in to watch the fireworks in MK so we decided to carry on and ride what we could. It was a walk on for haunted mansion and another FIRST for us.

Poppy actually chose to come on with me (another first) and she was saying to me are there any drops mummy? to which I couldn't answer having never been on it before but I kept saying no I don't think so, it will be fine.

'I'm going to ask the lady myself.' she said, and as we approached she very politely said, 'excuse me are there any drops on this ride' to which the cast member re-assured her that it was nice and smooth. She really is adorable. sometimes so shy she won't look at you if she doesn't know you and other times, so set on being independant she will talk to someone she doesn't know without issue.

As we were on the ride we held hands the entire time and I reminded her that it is just a ride and the ghosts were just a part of that. She was absolutely fine.

My face on this! I look bored out of my mind! I assure you I wasn't. I said to Chris when we got off that I feel like I need to go on again just to try and appreciate everything there is to see on this ride!

After dancing and singing a long to the songs with the fireworks (Moana, a particular favourite) Poppy and I headed to the Carousel and Chris and Jess went to do Space Mountain.

Poppy and I were done a lot sooner than Chris and Jess so I txt him and said we were heading up to the top of main street and would meet them up there. Poppy and I went in to the Confectionary and I bought these

Chocolate covered strawberry and cookies and cream fudge. Poppy got some strawberry laces.
then we watcehd some of Happily After After while we waited for Chris and Jess

Just wonderful!

One of the reasons I love doing my trip reports is it's so nice to re-live all the fantastic memories, I know the sick bug drained some of us but days like today remind how many wonderful things we did on this holiday!

Tomorrow is Blizzard Beach, Yellow Dog Eats, the Mall and an epic storm (and Jess gets Sunburnt)

Thank you all for reading, there is a ALOT of photos in todays update I know!

Edited at 07:18 AM.
col2501 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 19, 06:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Em4owen
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

You packed loads in today. I love the idea of doing the game too. I don't think I've ever read of anyone doing it before in a trippie on here.
Old 17 Sep 19, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
ShezMcQ
Excited about Disney

ShezMcQ's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 6
What a lovely day. I'm hoping to convince my DH to go to Celebration for a wander when we're in Orlando next month. It just looks so pretty!

MK sounds like it was pretty perfect for you all. Love all those rides and Casey's is amazing! Their bacon mac and cheese fries are everything!
Polynesian Resort/HRH/The Grove - Nov18
RPR/Floridays/Hollywood Beach - Oct19
ShezMcQ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 19, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A brilliant day with lots done

Joan
Old 22 Sep 19, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
col2501
VIP Dibber

col2501's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by Em4owen View Post
You packed loads in today. I love the idea of doing the game too. I don't think I've ever read of anyone doing it before in a trippie on here.
It was really good fun! I totally recommend it 👍🏻

Colette
Our 1st Magical Disney Holiday!
Never Mind Epricot Trip report Oct 11
All Star Music and Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando June 2009
Sunset Lakes DIBB villa & HRH 15th October 2011
Esprit DIBB Villa 17 June 2014
Dubai Trip Report - just the 2 of us 30 Nov 2011
Introducing Queen P to Orlando June 2014 Report plenty of offsite delights food report June 2014
col2501 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
col2501
VIP Dibber

col2501's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by ShezMcQ View Post
What a lovely day. I'm hoping to convince my DH to go to Celebration for a wander when we're in Orlando next month. It just looks so pretty!

MK sounds like it was pretty perfect for you all. Love all those rides and Casey's is amazing! Their bacon mac and cheese fries are everything!
Oooo hope you do get to go, it’s beautiful! Have an amazing trip and enjoy your Caseys too! 😍

Colette
Our 1st Magical Disney Holiday!
Never Mind Epricot Trip report Oct 11
All Star Music and Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando June 2009
Sunset Lakes DIBB villa & HRH 15th October 2011
Esprit DIBB Villa 17 June 2014
Dubai Trip Report - just the 2 of us 30 Nov 2011
Introducing Queen P to Orlando June 2014 Report plenty of offsite delights food report June 2014