Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 22 Sep 19, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Ninja
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 142
Talking Our Triple Celebration Trip, Sat June 8th 2019, Day 2, The one where we have Beignets

Sat June 8th, Day 3, Animal Kingdom, the one where we have Beignets

We get up around 6ish again, I have me brew whilst Ste does the drinks run for the 2 of them & once we have come round, got dressed (me wearing another Primarni special, my Stitch t-shirt) and applied our suncream, we head out for the bus, now it was early morning hours at AK today but seeing as they’d changed them from 8 to 7 no way would we make that
Luckily we already had an early FP (thanks to a Dibber for mentioning that more had become available as we’d only managed to get a late one originally) for FOP anyway
The bus to AK arrives and after a quick stop at Riverside where there was one already picking up she sets off and drives like a bat out of hell and we get there in about 10 mins! Think this is the scariest ride we have ever been on in Florida!
When we get in we head straight over to F.O.P walking past the huge queue which is already at approx 2hrs (I’m sorry I wouldn’t wait that long for this, or any ride really!) Love the theming around Pandora, we head on and love the theming and the scanning and then the actual ride oh wow, the Banshee breathing is amazing and weird at the same time This ride is fab but it did make me feel a bit funny after we got off (as you know I don’t do well with most simulators!) though I wasn’t too bad I’ve decided I won’t go on this again during the holiday now I have done it
It’s time to head to our next F.P which is Everest and it starts raining as we get there so we get wet a bit like being on a water ride on this & the backwards part seemed longer, we loved it though as always lol.

When we’ve come off this the rain is really coming down so we go and sit down and shelter for a bit and then I start to feel faint because we haven’t had nowt to eat and our Tusker ADR isn’t until 10.45 so I go and get some crisps and a drink (which the lads dip into even though they didn’t want owt!) When the rain eases we head over the Tusker hoping to get in early but they say they can only let us in 15mins earlier so we go and sit and wait & 15 mins before our ADR go and tell them we’re there, they give us a pager and our time comes and goes and about 10mins after our time I go up and ask them when will we be seated! They check and soon after a CM comes and gets us to be seated, once in though we loved it, the theming & the characters are great & we have some fun interaction with Goofy & Donald

Though didn’t let the CM leading one of them round get hold of our camera as he was sneezing all the time into his hand! Think he was special needs but the CM who was close to him could have mentioned to go and wash his hands/get a tissue or something! We had lots for breakfast (loved the cheese & bacon omelets) and then meat & mash as they were bringing dinner out whilst we were there, we also all loved the Jungle Juice. Oh and we all had lots of caaakkkkeeee!
Suitably stuffed and me feeling better we stroll round to Kali me & Ste stopping for a quick Photopass

Unusually we don’t get that wet on Kali but E.E had made up for that lol! We come off this and pass Lion King and one is due to start and there isn’t much of a queue as they have let most people in (even though whilst we were waiting there were a few trying to use the FP entrance and being sent into the queue) so we go & join it and whilst we’re waiting the queue builds up quite a lot, anyway they let us and a few others through obviously to fill the spaces and we are in giraffes again think we’re destined to always be giraffes lol, it also as always brought a tear to my eye, especially the Can you feel the love part.

Then we head over to Kilimanjaro Safaris and we see so many animals and babies this time, more than we have seen before

Including a baby rhino having some fun with it's Mum

We also see a tour looking at the alligators, not sure if I'd want to be that close to one!

Someone also spots the lion at the last minute so we weren't quick enough for a photo but we saw him
After we come off this we have had enough of the wet and humidity so decide to head home, when we get back to POFQ the maid still hasn’t done our room so we go and sit in the food court until she’s done & decide now’s a good time to try beignets mmm these are lush & now I understand why there is always white powder on the tables! Sorry those 2 had already claimed theirs and I'd taken a bite of the ear of mine before I remembered to take a photo

We then head back up to the room and pack for Universal and then we decide to have a walk over to Riverside, it’s a lovely walk along the river & I love the look of the mansions, will come back another day for a closer look.

When we get to … I go to get the steak but it looks a bit pink for my liking but I hear the woman in front ask them to cook it a bit longer so they slice her some off (not looking impressed as though to say this is how you eat it!) and pop it into what I think is a microwave and when they hand it to her it looks like how I’d have it so I ask the same, this probably really upset them haha! Reece had cajun chicken pasta & Ste chicken & chips, as we sit eating the heavens openened and OMG it was a loong and heavy downpour but even in this though we saw a horse and carriage go past I felt so sorry for the horse and CM, I would have suggested we come back another time if it was us! I go and have a wander round the shop whilst we're waiting for it to stop, I love this

When it wains a bit we decide to go back and it’s a swift walk back to POFQ & we get back into the room just before it starts again & then Reece starts reading the Disney news feed for the day and announces that we should have gone to Hollywood Studios as Tim Allen & Tom Hanks where there & I'm a bad planner! Ah well!
We all have showers & I have me wine and then bed.

Thanks for reading & I appreciate and love reading your comments

Tomorrow up to RPR & Universal Studios, The One where we all get embarrassed!

Travel day can be found here
Day 1 here

Edited at 09:44 PM.
Ninja is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 19, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
DreamsOfOrlando
Excited about Disney

Really enjoying your trip report!
DreamsOfOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 19, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Ninja
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 142
Originally Posted by DreamsOfOrlando View Post
Really enjoying your trip report!
Thanks I'm glad you're enjoying it

Edited at 09:01 PM.
Ninja is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List