Old 20 Sep 19, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
col2501
VIP Dibber

col2501's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
The PB&J Tour - August 2019 - Day 20 - 4 Park Challenge - AKA the day I almost killed my troops off!

index here

Wednesday 28th August

Last park day today, normally a day spent with me having a long face with sadness but not today, I was excited for our day ahead!

I got these from Etsy for all us all to wear.

The 'rules' for our challenge were as follows :
1. photopass in each park
2.ride or experience in each park
3. Snack in each Park.

My plan was :
1. Magic Kingdom
2. Epcot
3. Animal Kingdom
4. Hollywood Studios

The reason I wanted to start with MK is because there were specific rides we wanted to do, and we wanted to get there early for less wait time as I didn't have FP today.

Again, Epcot, it was easy to go from MK to Epcot and I had kept the times of Mary Poppins, we WERE going to meet her today!

I had no preference over order of the final 2, it was very much which bus came first, but then as the bus stops were so far apart, we came to the AK one first, so choice made that way.

We left the car at MK and did Disney transport all day.

Jess had been asking to go to IHOP during the holiday because its where they always go in a US programme she currently adoes , the good place so, that was were we ended up today for breakfast!

Lovely food, lots of it and very reasonable pricewise. I had blueberry pancakes, Poppy had a build your own face pancake, Jess had sliders and Chris had a breakfast toastie with various items on it.

Jess had a chocolate milkshake too. Annoyingly, she decided she really wasn't a fan of her food when it came out and it was HUGE (she thought being sliders they would be small)

I lectured her on next time when she chooses somewhere because of a fictional TV series, she might want to check the menu beforehand and see if there is stuff she actually wants to eat!

Once we got to MK, we split up, Poppy and Chris went to Tomorrowland Speedway and Jess and I went to Jungle cruise, both rides were showing 20mins wait, and that was about right.

I had briefed Jess on why I wanted to go on this and what she could expect, the skippers with their old style comedy jokes etc.

This was our cruise boat, and we were sat up front right by the skipper

I really enjoyed this ride, for reasons I've talked about for, the history aspect of it, seeing Walts vision of a ride. I'm all for new and modern rides, but I love the fact that the originals are still there for people to enjoy if they wish!

Meanwhile, Chris and Poppy were here!

We all had a great time on our respective rides, we walked towards the castle next for a photo and then to go in search of a snack!

This is actually a short video, Tinkerbell flies in, casts some pixie dust then flies back out again but I couldn't upload the video easily to the Dibb so I've just took a screen shot!

As we walked up main street so I could get a snack, we were lucky enough to see the parade!

Here's our snack, Halloween Cake Pops!

Park one done, SO successfully for us, lots more things achieved that I wanted to do!

Epcot next! we hopped on the monorail. because it was so early, it had to be the resort monorail and change to epcot. It's not often you get a whole car to yourself!

straight to UK in the worldshowcase to meet Mary Poppins, we were first in line today!

Mary was very good, her accent was spot on, and to quote Jess, alllll dayyyy she said this, 'spit spot and off we go' in a very good accent, it did make us giggle

snacks and rides next!

Poppy was desperate to go on Soarin, the wait was only 15mins so Chris took her on that again and Jess and I sorted the snack element!

Mine was a mickey cheesecake and Chris wanted something too so I got him a turtle brownie, that was so rich and sickly he couldn't finish it all.

Another park down, 2 to go. Animal Kingdom next, we waited an absolute age for this bus, I was so dissapointed, it was easily almost half an hour.

First time on a Disney bus in a long time!
Whilst on here I got a FP for Everest so that was the ride sorted.

When we arrived the dance party was on so we watched that for a bit, I was desperate for Poppy to come and dance but she was having none of it!

Also as we were by the tree of life there was someone giving a talk about birds and there were lots and lots of birds, flying free then going back to the tree of life, was quite impressive to watch. I never seen anything like it there before.

While Chris and Jess went on this, Poppy and I went in search of other things to look at.

Lots of fun!

Then we headed over to dinoland to get the obligatory hotdog and I could search for a snack.

I went off to restaurantosaouras to get a cupcake

I was far too full at this point to do any snack justice, this had something sweet in the middle that I remeber thinking was nice but can't for the life of me remember what it was!

Hollywood Studios for our final, park, think it was about 5pm now. My troops were really feeling it. I grabbed a FP for star tours while we were on the bus for when we got there.

Chris and the kids went off to do star tours while I went in search of snacks

We sat down in the shade at Rosie's All American Cafe. As much as I wanted to get a Darth Vader cupcake as a snack, I couldn't face another cupcake so I got these instead :

Onion straws with texas petal sauce, these were delighful!

My troops were more then ready for home, this next photo sums up the day for them I think...

When we were driving home Chris said to me, it was really good and all and I'm glad we've done it, but can we please not do it again...

The girls are of a similar opinion!

Me, I loved it, I'd do it again, but then I'm also that person that would be in the park from crack of dawn until firework display if I had the opportunity to (I can't because my family couldn't do it, nor do I expect them too!)

We'd left monopoly out from last night so we had another go playing that then it was sadly bed time.

I finished the packing, had a little cry (I always do before we leave) then took myself off to bed, home tomorrow.

Colette
Our 1st Magical Disney Holiday!
Never Mind Epricot Trip report Oct 11
All Star Music and Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando June 2009
Sunset Lakes DIBB villa & HRH 15th October 2011
Esprit DIBB Villa 17 June 2014
Dubai Trip Report - just the 2 of us 30 Nov 2011
Introducing Queen P to Orlando June 2014 Report plenty of offsite delights food report June 2014
col2501 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Mobile

Put the 4 park challenge on the list for next trip!
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotty
Imagineer

We had those badges when we did 4PC in February, we got loads of people asking where we got them.
I'm with you - I would do it again.
Old 23 Sep 19, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Well done on your 4 park challenge

Joan
Old 26 Sep 19, 07:04 AM  
Link to this Post
flo-tinka
Apprentice Imagineer

Just caught up with your last full,day
What a way to finish your hol. Thanks for sharing it all and what memories you have written down there
Lovely to look back on
flo-tinka is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 19, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Ariel's Mum
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Have binge read your report this afternoon. Loving it. Thanks for taking the time to share.

Disney Monoploy is on my shopping list for next year. I'd love to do the 4 park challenge but hubby has firmly said "no"- so that's out.

2013 Trippie - Something Old Something New
2011 Trippie Disney & Beyond
2010 Trip Report UNFINISHED

2 weeks WDW '96 ~ Private Villa 2003 ~ Sheraton Village 2005 ~ Sanctuary Westhaven 2006, 2007, 2008 ~ Sarasota 10 days Oct 2008 ~ Windsor Palms 2009 ~ 24 Nights Sabal Harbour Jun 2010 ~ 28 Nights 2011 ~ Watersong/HRH/Rotonda Villa ~ 22 nights Westhaven/CR/AKL/RPR/Rotonda
NOW PLANNING 22 Nights - Orlando/Marco Island
Ariel's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List