Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 22 Sep 19, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Finally found out about Eric, what a sweetie! So annoying about the bus in the first place but a nice way to try and make amends. I love that Dave wasn’t getting involved and made sure Eric rang you back!
A great day in Magic Kingdom despite the rain. The photo of you all on the teacups is my favourite, it is so nice you got to share your love of Disney with your parents, do you think they would come on holiday there with you again?
OB1LukeLucas is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
Finally found out about Eric, what a sweetie! So annoying about the bus in the first place but a nice way to try and make amends. I love that Dave wasn’t getting involved and made sure Eric rang you back!
A great day in Magic Kingdom despite the rain. The photo of you all on the teacups is my favourite, it is so nice you got to share your love of Disney with your parents, do you think they would come on holiday there with you again?
There was no way Dave was getting in the middle of me and Eric...That's not quite how I meant it. He's more than happy on holiday not taking charge and just going with the flow, in fact I think he really likes not having to think of stuff and just doing what he's told, so he didn't really want to have to bother explaining that it was a less than magical start to the day.

I promise the weather in August is not normally like that. We've been to Florida 5 times in July/August and this year is the worst weve ever known it. Wait until you see the next day as it was full on rainy at Discovery Cove , of course that didn't stop the dolphin swim and so in the photos you'll see it's proper coming down and we're all teeth chattering and goose pimples as the water for the dolphin swim is cold.

So do I think they will come on holiday with us again? Funnily enough at the weekend it was one of my nephews birthdays and I caught them talking about the holiday. They were both talking about it very fondly and saying how amazing everything was. I haven't really had much time to talk to them about it since we've been home as normal life has got in the way. I'm looking forward to next summer being just the 4 of us again as actually that's a different sort of planning and less stressful for me. But it would be fab if they'd come again. I don't know if my parents would want to go all out and repeat everything, maybe they would prefer to go at a more relaxed pace. I assumed it would be a once in a lifetime for them and so tried to make sure I fitted in everything, next time, if there is a next time I'll be less worried about them having to do everything and maybe enjoy it more in the moment?

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Oh dear, it's a shame your day didn't get off to its planned start. But yay for Eric, making up for it later on. Lovely personal touch and great customer service in the end.

I love the look of those cinnamon buns, they're huge and I think a must try for me next time. Same with all of the ice cream cookies and sundaes, they all look so good.

What a great photo of you with your parents, it must be nice sharing all of these new (to them) experiences. Great for the kids too, they look like they're having fun with grandma and grandad.

It's a pity you got rained out of MK after dinner, I do hope you make it back for HEA at some point.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 19, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
Oh dear, it's a shame your day didn't get off to its planned start. But yay for Eric, making up for it later on. Lovely personal touch and great customer service in the end.

I love the look of those cinnamon buns, they're huge and I think a must try for me next time. Same with all of the ice cream cookies and sundaes, they all look so good.

What a great photo of you with your parents, it must be nice sharing all of these new (to them) experiences. Great for the kids too, they look like they're having fun with grandma and grandad.

It's a pity you got rained out of MK after dinner, I do hope you make it back for HEA at some point.
Eric really did make up for the poor start, it was nice to feel like we were at the top of his list in spite of the fact there must have been thousands of people using the buses that day.

It was a good day for snacks, having lots of us meant we could try out all sorts of things without feeling too full or bloated. I'm not sure I'd manage a whole cinnamon loaf (ha ha who am I kidding of course I could manage it, but it would be sickly and then maybe I wouldn't have enjoyed the waffle fries and the ice cream sundae).

It was lovely experiencing everything with them for the first time. I do love the tea cups photo. We didn't do too much spinning it was nice to not feel dizzy coming off it.

We did see HEA later in the trip and it was a great spot so it wasn't a problem in the end.

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 19, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
OMG the bus wait! That's way worse than any of our waits. At least you still managed to do loads. I'm with your Mum and Dad about Space Mountain - too jerky...

The photo on the teacups with your parents is so lovely.

Wow, it is so nice to read how Eric dealt with your complaint, so happy to read that some cast members still do the above and beyond.

Shame you didn't get to see HEA but still sounds like it was a great day overall.
Old 26 Sep 19, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
OMG the bus wait! That's way worse than any of our waits. At least you still managed to do loads. I'm with your Mum and Dad about Space Mountain - too jerky...

The photo on the teacups with your parents is so lovely.

Wow, it is so nice to read how Eric dealt with your complaint, so happy to read that some cast members still do the above and beyond.

Shame you didn't get to see HEA but still sounds like it was a great day overall.
It was agony waiting for the bus knowing the EMH time was slipping through our fingers. But you're right on reflection we did loads and we didn't feel rushed off our feet.

The tea cups photo is lovely, we all look so happy, we had a lovely turn around the ride as well, nice and gentle!

Eric was a sweety. I'm still surprised that he was there at the bus stop. I can't quite believe he did that.

Old 27 Sep 19, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Day 4 is now ready for reading.

Old 27 Sep 19, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile

I can’t believe how brave your parents were riding space mountain! I’m very impressed! Shame about the bus issue but how wonderful that your complaint was treated with total respect and the cast member clearly went ‘above and beyond’ to ensure the rest of your day went smoothly

I love your Tinkerbell photo pass pictures. You clearly had a really wonderful day
Old 28 Sep 19, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

A terrible start this morning with the buses - I would have been fuming. Great customer service by Eric though to try to make it right. You still managed to get loads done even though you missed most of the EMH so not all was lost. I love the photos of you all on 7 dwarfs. I don't really think I like the idea of the photo boxes. Some of my favourite pictures have been the spontaneous ones during the meet rather than the posed ones at the end and I can't help but think that will be lost without actual photographers.

A shame that the rain meant you couldn't see HEA tonight but I'm glad you did get to see it later in the trip.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 19, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Th1nkT1nk View Post
I can’t believe how brave your parents were riding space mountain! I’m very impressed! Shame about the bus issue but how wonderful that your complaint was treated with total respect and the cast member clearly went ‘above and beyond’ to ensure the rest of your day went smoothly

I love your Tinkerbell photo pass pictures. You clearly had a really wonderful day
I know, they really were brave, I suspect if they could have seen the ride they wouldn't have done it. And they were pretty happy that we didn't have any FP for it later in the trip.

The Tink meet was funny as Max gets a bit shy around the girl face characters, not surprising really being a teenage boy. But she teased him in a nice way, calling him a pirate and so it was fun.

Originally Posted by jothp View Post
A terrible start this morning with the buses - I would have been fuming. Great customer service by Eric though to try to make it right. You still managed to get loads done even though you missed most of the EMH so not all was lost. I love the photos of you all on 7 dwarfs. I don't really think I like the idea of the photo boxes. Some of my favourite pictures have been the spontaneous ones during the meet rather than the posed ones at the end and I can't help but think that will be lost without actual photographers.

A shame that the rain meant you couldn't see HEA tonight but I'm glad you did get to see it later in the trip.
Eric did do well to restore my faith and to make amends. You're right we did have a lovely day in spite of missing most of EMH.

I'm not a big fan of the photo boxes machines, like you we've had some lovely candid shots and close ups on the kids faces where they are not posing for the photo and are just talking to the character. You don't get any of that with the photo machine. I hope they don't become more prevalent as I much prefer it being a human being.

We saw HEA the day after DC so day 5, I hope to post that next week, it was a brilliant day!