Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Return of the Rescuer – Day 17 – 19.7.19 – Eat, shop, relax

Return of the Rescuer – Day 17 – 19.7.19 – Eat, shop, relax

Index is here

A much more chilled day was in order today and it was nice to just wake up when we were ready.

We caught the boat to Disney springs just before 11am and decided to go for an early lunch to Wolfgang Puck Express.

We have always have enjoyed the food there.

I had the bacon wrapped meatloaf. Always a winning choice.

Ds had the chicken Alfredo and this was really nice and tasty.

Dh had the mac and cheese which he loved.

We had loads of credits so ds and dh also ordered the salmon to share with their pastas and Dh had a beer. We all also had sodas.

The food here was great.

Afterwards we decided to do a little shopping.

First stop the Dress shop on Cherry Tree Lane. The dresses here were lovely and I was tempted with a few of the styles, I like the Epcot Dress, the Up one and the Tiki Room one. I restrained myself though as the prices are a little eye watering. I’ve since discovered Carolina Dress Room which sometimes does Disney type print dresses.

Next up one of my absolute favourites again the Wonderland Gallery in the marketplace. I could spend a fortune in here. We spent ages looking and we eventually decided on another Epcot print.

Back for another look round Uniqlo and we picked up a couple of things which were on offer for ds.

We finished up at Ghiardelli where we we used some quick service credits. I got 3 of the mixed bags of 80. Buy 2 get 1 free. 4 of the mint bags and 2 more of the raspberry. 2 bags for $8.
We used 5 quick service credits and the Cm added in 3 little chocolate bars to make up the difference.

We caught the boat back to POFQ at 2pm. A nice journey back.

We had a rest and I started to do a little organising of stuff knowing we’d have to turn our thoughts to packing in the next few days.

The weather was starting to look mental so we decided on an Uber to the Boardwalk. The sky was getting darker by the minute. It’s not like we were going far as dinner was at the Flying Fish.

It’s the first time we’ve been since the refurb a few years ago. It’s looking lovely.

Our table wasn’t the greatest as you can see and I should probably have asked for a different one but on the plus our server was brilliant.

I had a Pinot Grigio, Dh had a Samuel Adams and ds had a Diet Coke.

The bread was really nice, I think she said it had seaweed in it.

Ds had the seafood pasta which he absolutely loved.

Dh had the Sea Bass with
Leek Fondue, Cassis-Red Wine Reduction. He really liked this.

I had the Wagyu Filet Mignon
Asparagus, Sweet Onion Risotto, Truffle Sauce. I cannot day enough good things about this. It was one of the best mains I’ve ever had.

For dessert ds had the Cocoa Breach
Chocolate-Hazelnut Cake, Warm Ganache. This was really rich but he really enjoyed it.

Dh and I shared. We had the Florida Sunset which the server reccomended as her favourite light choice.
Vanilla Custard, Lemon Broth, Segmented Fruits, White Chocolate
Again one of the best puddings ever!

We also had the Tasting of Artisan Cheeses
Robiola Bosina, Crottin, Thomasville Tomme, Smokey Blue, Reypenaer V.S.O.P. Gouda.
This was really good as well.

What I loved about this meal was I knew I’d had some amazing food and left totally satisfied but not stuffed. So good.

The sky was still pretty dark as we walked into Epcot.

We thought about stopping for drinks on the way in and we thought about stopping for drinks in Epcot but we were all shattered. We just walked through and took a few photos before leaving.

A fairly early night after a pretty chilled out day.

Day 18

Edited at 02:32 PM.
Rescuer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Wolfgang Puck Express looks lovely, we really enjoyed it on our trip too, great use of a QS meal.

That print looks beautiful. A nice chilled afternoon in DS.

The Flying Fish looks lovely too. Another lovely day xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 11:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Wolfgang Puck Express looks lovely, we really enjoyed it on our trip too, great use of a QS meal.

That print looks beautiful. A nice chilled afternoon in DS.

The Flying Fish looks lovely too. Another lovely day xx
Thanks the food at WPE is consistently good but fairly pricey if you are not on the dining plan.

It was very nice to have a much more chilled out day.
Old 23 Sep 19, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A good day and some lovely food

Joan
Old 25 Sep 19, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by mick View Post
A good day and some lovely food

Joan
Thanks Joan, it was just the type of day we needed.
Old 28 Sep 19, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
A lovely chilled out day, but you desvered it. The boat to and from Disney Springs was great, wasn't it? Somehow I think it makes it a more relaxing experience than the buses. Your meal at Flying Fish sounds fab, it's not really a restaurant that's ever been on my hit list as there are way too many signatures to try out. But perhaps I'll add it to the maybe list!

Lovely shots of spaceship earth, I love it when it has the purple lights at night, aahh seems a long time since we were there and a long time til we get back. Hope your planning is going well.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 19, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
A lovely chilled out day, but you desvered it. The boat to and from Disney Springs was great, wasn't it? Somehow I think it makes it a more relaxing experience than the buses. Your meal at Flying Fish sounds fab, it's not really a restaurant that's ever been on my hit list as there are way too many signatures to try out. But perhaps I'll add it to the maybe list!

Lovely shots of spaceship earth, I love it when it has the purple lights at night, aahh seems a long time since we were there and a long time til we get back. Hope your planning is going well.
The boat was great to Disney Springs. It doesn’t seem to matter what resort you are at it’s always ages to get there by bus 😂

Flying fish was really good especially for fish fans, we didn’t go at Christmas though as we knew it wasn’t really to Mils taste. You are right though there are loads of good signatures, if we ever do disney dining again that would be my plan to do more of those.

Summer holidays feel like ages ago to me too!

Planning is still only really going on in my head still but I’ve another appointment in 2 weeks and hoping it might be my last and then I’ll be good to update the travel insurance and get something booked. 🤞
Old 28 Sep 19, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Hope the appointment is positive so that you can get the planning out of your head and into action!

x

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 19, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Hope the appointment is positive so that you can get the planning out of your head and into action!

x
Thanks. I’m pretty sure it will be.
Old 28 Sep 19, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

You guys look so lovely all dressed up for your dinner.

You are so right that the summer seems long ago, it is getting dark so early now and I don't know where autumn sneaked up from. I am still holding out until after our trip to put the heating on though haha.

WPE looks so good! Our arrival night offsite meal plans are now dead in the water so I'm tempted by Disney Springs. I said to Nik we could go to Wolfgang Puck Express, Blaze, D-Luxe, Polite Pig... Anywhere he wanted. He said 'I'm not picking anywhere, you'll just moan that you are tired' hahaha.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List