Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Sep 19, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Mobile Virgin flight

Im flying Virgin for first time and I have heard people mention kids get some sort of goodie bag, is this right and what is it? Do adults get anything? Im really looking forward to this experience.
Donz1979 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Donz1979 View Post
Im flying Virgin for first time and I have heard people mention kids get some sort of goodie bag, is this right and what is it? Do adults get anything? Im really looking forward to this experience.
My daughter didn’t to Dubai and that was in PE
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
KRBarnard
Very Serious Dibber

KRBarnard's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

The children get a little drawstring backpack with some crayons and colouring sheets, some stickers, and a treat and mini bottle of water. I don't think the contents are always the same. They also did a little onboard drawing competition and gave out the extra paper. The winner won one of the Virgin aircraft toys from the duty free book, and two runners up got something too. I think I've only seen this competition the last couple of times we have flown with them though so not sure that it's a regular thing. We've probably flown Virgin 15 times, the last time being June this year, and October 2018.

From memory, adults only get a goody bag in PE but overnight flights everyone can have an eye mask and socks to go with the pillow and blanket. I don't recall the adult goody bag being very interesting anyway, think it only really had the addition of toothbrush and toothpaste, and some earplugs. I'm sure someone else will know better re: the adults stuff.
Gateway Inn '97 Radisson Barcelo '99 Quality Inn Plaza '01 Quality Inn Int'l '03 La Quinta Inns&Suites '05 B.W. Movieland '07 Holiday Inn '08 & '09 Indian Creek '10 & '11 Vista Cay '12 Rosen Inn @ Pointe and Miami '13 Vista Cay '13,'14,'15,'16 CBR '16 Tampa, POR & SSR '17 OKW + Vista Cay '18 Windsor Hills '19 Vista Cay'22
KRBarnard is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Virgin are in the process of changing their amenity bags to more eco friendly ones. Apparently you will only get the kit if you are in PE or UC. But you can ask for certain items and they will give them to you if you are in the other cabins.

The kits are soon to be in paper bags

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
JediMuM
Imagineer

We have been for the last 15 years mostly 2 trips per year and it’s always been hit or miss for the kids bags.
Sometimes we get them sometimes not.
Amenity kits I thought they had stopped .. the only time we have had them has been in upper class non in PE or EC the last few years x
Old 22 Sep 19, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazascouser
Apprentice Imagineer

Mazascouser's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Kids were given packs when boarding at Manchester, adults were not given anything apart from a blanket and ear phones in Economy when flying from Manchester or MCO.
Mazascouser is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Adults get free alcoholic beverages!
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 11:56 PM  
Link to this Post
headpin
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by JediMuM View Post
Amenity kits I thought they had stopped .. the only time we have had them has been in upper class non in PE or EC the last few years x
We have flown LGW - MCO in PE for last few years (last time in April this year). Amenity kits have always been given out, but only on the overnight return flights. They do not issue on day flights.

From memory they Contain socks, eye mask, tooth brush, tooth paste, pen and all comes in a pencil case style bag. But as posted above, they are supposed to be changing to an eco friendly green version soon. Not sure what that may contain?
headpin is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List