Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Sep 19, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MyMagicHoliday View Post
Hi there

I really appreciate and understand what you are asking in your questions, but I am confident that customers who have booked with us and are worried, have been in touch with us so we can advise of the situation.

Because we are a member of their consortia and use their Freedom ATOL we are given guidelines on how to display their terms and conditions on our website specifically.

If we were to book a Kuoni holiday for example the client would not get the Freedom T&C but the Kuoni T&C.

Working within the trade for 15 years plus, I know there is a HUGE lack of understanding how different agents trade and work, and no one business can be brushed under the same carpet. So I totally understand where confusion may come in and its hard to explain.

While there is a lot of uncertainty at the moment, all I can say again at this time is, we will not be going anywhere.

I felt extremely compelled to reply because if I didn't it could damage our brand name that as a team we have work so hard to establish, when in fact there's more to us behind the scenes that probably anyone would understand.

I hope that clears any uncertainty where that is concerned.

Mattie
Hi Mattie

Very interesting. I suspect your answers to my questions have actually helped steady some nerves that you are an entirely separate entity. The T&Cs are very confusing- I see why it has been done and understand why it appears a customer is booking with Freedom Travel Group.

Thank you for being so open, as I say I think this clarification will make those who are worried quite happy.

You coming on the website shows you care.

YT
Old 21 Sep 19, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Ever After Holidays
Excited about Disney
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Hi Mattie

Very interesting. I suspect your answers to my questions have actually helped steady some nerves that you are an entirely separate entity. The T&Cs are very confusing- I see why it has been done and understand why it appears a customer is booking with Freedom Travel Group.

Thank you for being so open, as I say I think this clarification will make those who are worried quite happy.

You coming on the website shows you care.

YT
We care more than possibly anyone could imagine trust me!

I hope that the reputation especially that we have gained on here with past and future customers also backs up the fact that we really do care.

Mattie

Ever After Holidays
☎️0800 3277108
🌐ABTA & Atol Protected
www.everafterholidays.com
Ever After Holidays is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Mattie I do think you coming here and explaining so honestly will do a lot to calm worried customers nerves and offer reassurance. It’s really refreshing to see. I’m glad you guys will carry on come what may and no doubt a lot of confusion cleared up for your current and potential customers.

2001 Sheraton International Drive
2016 Caribbean Beach Resort
2017 Port Orleans Riverside
2018 Port Orleans Riverside and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Port Orleans French Quarter and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel
Pez01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
bennyboy0751
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Hi there

I really appreciate and understand what you are asking in your questions, but I am confident that customers who have booked with us and are worried, have been in touch with us so we can advise of the situation.

Because we are a member of their consortia and use their Freedom ATOL we are given guidelines on how to display their terms and conditions on our website specifically.

If we were to book a Kuoni holiday for example the client would not get the Freedom T&C but the Kuoni T&C.

Working within the trade for 15 years plus, I know there is a HUGE lack of understanding how different agents trade and work, and no one business can be brushed under the same carpet. So I totally understand where confusion may come in and its hard to explain.

While there is a lot of uncertainty at the moment, all I can say again at this time is, we will not be going anywhere.

I felt extremely compelled to reply because if I didn't it could damage our brand name that as a team we have work so hard to establish, when in fact there's more to us behind the scenes that probably anyone would understand.

I hope that clears any uncertainty where that is concerned.

Mattie
Keep doing good work mattie it cant be easy at all
bennyboy0751 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Hi there,

Why i should reply to this on here I really don't know... but you are making me feel pretty cornered.

Mattie
Mattie, I realise that no one likes to divulge the inner workings of stuff that is essentially private, so totally sympathise with how you felt when you posted this.

On a lighter note I think your honesty has probably done more for your brand than any advertising campaign could ever do. In this trying time where the main protagonist has gone into a vacuum of radio silence you have popped your head above the parapet and taken the flack.

You deserve significant kudos for your approach and customer service
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
jojo_3596
Imagineer

Mobile

We are booked with you next year Mattie, and I really appreciate you coming on here and being so open and honest. Ive still got nothing but good things to say about you and your team- the customer service has been the best I’ve ever received from a travel agent. Based on this I feel 100% assured that whatever the TC outcome, yourself and your team will be doing your absolute best to take care of your clients - keep up the good work 👍
Endless Summer 2023
jojo_3596 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 02:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Ever After Holidays
Excited about Disney
- DIBB Advertiser -

⚠️Important : Thomas Cook News

In light of today’s sad news regarding Thomas Cook.

This is a devastating blow to the travel industry, all the customers due to travel with them and the staff it effects.

Our priority is to ensure all our customers currently out in resort are repatriated back to the uk safely.

Our team will be contacting in date order of departure all of our customers due to travel with Thomas Cook to ensure you have the correct information. This includes any forward bookings into 2020.

From today and until we have dealt with all our Thomas cook customers , we feel it is not right for us to take any new bookings with any operators due to our team concentrating on helping the customers we already have who need our help.

All call back appointments for new enquries will be cancelled.

We will be open as usual from 10am

Please be patient with us at this difficult time we are doing our absolute best and will aim to deal with everyone as quickly possible.

⚠️Once we have assisted all of our clients, we will resume trading as usual.⚠️

My Magic Holiday💙

Ever After Holidays
☎️0800 3277108
🌐ABTA & Atol Protected
www.everafterholidays.com
Ever After Holidays is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 02:32 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

It's very telling you are up and posting at 2am Mattie.
I worked in retail travel and dealt with the aftermath of huge crashes like Laker as well as smaller operators so I do have an inkling of what you and your staff will be dealing with. I was also working for Holiday Bookers when they crashed which gives me an insight on what Cooks store staff have been through in the last days and it's horrible.
I wish everyone working on sorting out this diabolical mess tomorrow well xx
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 06:29 AM  
Link to this Post
daffodil92
Imagineer

Mobile

A quick message Mattie, just to offer support and encouragement to you and your team in this difficult situation. Huge respect for keeping your customers in the loop ( at 2am!) and for doing your utmost to help them. You’ll get through this and with that level of customer service, your reputation will be second to none and you’ll come out all the stronger as a company for it. Best wishes to you and all those affected x
daffodil92 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 06:40 AM  
Link to this Post
firsttimemouse
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Just wanted to thank you for posting this at 2am. I’m one of the customers you spoke to over the weekend travelling next year and I felt reassured after our conversation.
All the best for the job you have over the coming weeks.
2018 DLP Newport bay
2019 DLP Newport bay
firsttimemouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List