Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 23 Sep 17, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Stewboy
Imagineer

All Villa No Filler - Day 9: Mall at Millenia and P.F. Chang’s

The Index

Sunday 30th July 2017

After yesterday’s action packed, Star Wars filled day, today was to be a chilled out Sunday.

A lie in was the order of the day. Jo and I were up at about 9:30am; Isabella not until 10:30am.

Went to sleep as Stewbacca, woke up as TinTin

We began the day with a breakfast of fruit and juice, and Isabella had some plain Greek yoghurt (she loves Greek yoghurt).

She does love that Greek yoghurt

We had no plans to go to a park today, and it was a good job really because the weather was awful today; it rained pretty much all day.

At about 11:45am we left the villa to head up to Mall at Millenia - our favourite mall - but being down near Davenport meant we were quite a lot further away than usual, and the drive took over an hour.

Once we’d finally arrived at the mall we parked in the place we always park, outside Bloomingdale’s. Due to the rain, entry to the mall consisted of a mad dash to the doors of Bloomingdale’s. Once inside our first stop was Victoria’s Secret, followed by Abercrombie & Fitch where I bought a polo shirt in the sale, and Jo (after trying on a couple of dresses) ended up with a jumper; total cost for both $69.00. They do this really annoying thing in A&F now where they try to get you to donate to charity, I really don’t like being pressured into doing stuff like that so refused every time!

Isabella takes over planning

Even though we only been in two shops we were hungry and Jo had booked P.F. Chang’s for 2pm; we know Mall at Millenia gets busy on a Sunday afternoon (after everyone’s been to church) so we wanted to avoid a long wait.

Having eaten at P.F. Chang’s at Atlanta Airport last year, we were looking forward to going to the full restaurant. Getting to the restaurant involved going outside briefly via the main mall entrance (where the valet parking is). Fortunately the rain had let off, so we didn’t get wet nor need to run.

Off to P.F. Chang's

Booking ahead had been a good idea; as expected there was a queue but we checked in, and were immediately shown to our table.

If you don’t know P.F. Chang’s, it’s a chain that serves American Chinese/Asian food. Once seated we ordered soft drinks; Jo got a Strawberry Cucumber Limeade, I stuck with Sprite (my preferred soft drink on this holiday), and Isabella had water.

"You will see spiders wherever you go"

It's not alcohol!

For our food, we ordered:
  • Me: Pad Thai Chicken
  • Jo: Sesame Chicken
  • Isabella: Chicken Fried Rice

Pad Thai Chicken

Sesame Chicken

Chicken Fried Rice

Fortunes forecast! Lucky charms!

"You will have a lifetime of love"

The cost was $42.92 excluding tip. We enjoyed the food, but it’s not as good as the local Chinese restaurants that we get back home (big shout out to the Old Town Chinese in Stevenage Old Town).

After lunch we continued shopping, browsing in Hollister, American Eagle, Abercrombie Kids (Isabella bought a top for $9), Pink, Gap (Isabella bought shorts and Jo bought sunglasses for a total of $34.60), and Bath & Bodyworks (Jo bought some foaming handwash for $6.92).

The plan now was to get a treat, we wanted to get milkshakes from Johnny Rockets but the queue was too long. Instead we got Isabella some ice cream (small gelato for $3.50) from one of the other food counters (Fruit "N" Smoothie Sensations), then when she’d finished Jo and I got a White Chocolate Mocha Frappuccino from Starbucks to share. When I was trying to pay for the drink, they were having issues with the card machine so the server ended up giving me the drink free of charge!

Isabella lost her spoon...

Mocha baby

It was now 4:30pm, and we decided we’d had enough. Not the most successful of shopping days, but we like going to Mall at Millenia as it’s such a lovely place and it doesn’t get overcrowded (unless you’re by the entrance to Cheesecake Factory!) like some of the outlet malls.

Due to some really heavy rain we had to delay our departure, so we wandered around Bloomingdale’s for a bit until I decided to make a dash for the car. I then drove to the end of the row and picked Isabella and Jo up from outside Bloomingdale’s.

This photo of Jo was taken purely to get that man in who was having a nap on the big chairs outside Bloomingdale's

Killing time by trying on sunglasses

Finally leaving Mall at Millenia at 5pm, it was almost an hour later when we stopped at Publix at Championsgate to pick up a few bits (including a Pizza for dinner, some ham for Isabella, and some water) for a total of $29.76.

Goodbye Mall...

Hi Publix

We arrived back at the villa at 6:20pm. Isabella had a ham and mozzarella sandwich with some crisps for dinner, Jo and I had some chips and dips to keep us going until our dinnertime. I had a beer and Jo had some wine and Isabella and I played Epic Mickey on the PlayStation 3.

Isabella's sandwich

It’s the first time Isabella had ever played a computer game, and it’s the first time I’d ever played a PS3. It took some time to set everything up, so we didn’t get that long to play, but she enjoyed it.

Playing her first games console

At 8pm Isabella had a shower and went to bed. Jo and I went into the man cave to shoot some pool. It was just like when we were considerably younger, and used to go to the pub to drink and play pool together!

Thankfully it wasn't quite as described on the label...

Jo just about to break some balls...

My turn to break some balls...

Dennis Taylor stopped by...

Jo has a chance to catch up

After a few games of pool, we also played table tennis for a bit, and then decided it was time for our dinner of pizza and salad.

Ready to ping some pong

Supreme(ly underwhelming) pizza

Jo trying to recreate the sound of an elephant mixed with a car on wet pavement...

Look, we can put M&Ms in it!

Dinner in the villa

We finished the night off with a glass of Amarula and went to bed at about 11:45pm.

Not the most exciting of days, but one that was needed after yesterday! We really enjoyed it.

Amarula and Jo

Isabella's TR day 9

Thanks for reading, tomorrow is a bit more exciting: we’re off to Epcot.

Edited at 10:20 PM.
Stewboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 17, 01:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Love the look of intense concentration on Isabells face playing the PS3. Love a down time day.always needed on a Florida hols x
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 17, 06:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Zomax25
VIP Dibber

Some brilliant photos today 😂
Thanks for sharing!
Zomax25 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 17, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
i love jack
Apprentice Imagineer

Love mall @ millennia even to just mooch around with a starbies ❤️
Old 24 Sep 17, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

Mobile

Can’t beat a down day when you’ve got a lovely villa to retreat to and have fun

Can I ask how you found the villa holiday compared to onsite overall? Or are you saving that til the end?
Col&Ali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 17, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
nanasamboy
slightly serious Dibber

Yay, I love Epic Mickey! Probably because it's aimed at kids haha!

Tell Isabella her drawing of Oswald is fabulous!

TFS x
nanasamboy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 17, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

I love a good relaxing day. Isabella’s drawing is brilliant!
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 17, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
EJSakaAnna
Imagineer

Mobile

Lovely chilled day Sears. I always think Chinese abroad never seems to taste as good as it does at home!
EJSakaAnna is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 17, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
daz1only
Helping Mickey

Fantastic trip reports and amazing photos. You must have a good camera.
Look forward to reading more.
daz1only is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 17, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
samx57
Proud to wear my Ears

Hello fellow Stevenage residents.

Loving your trip report getting me so excited for mine in 12 days.

You should try fortunes place in great Ashby I love that Chinese
samx57 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List