Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 22 Oct 17, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Stewboy
Imagineer

All Villa No Filler - Day 17: See Ya Real Soon *COMPLETE*

The Index

Monday 7th August 2017

So this is it, the last day of our first family Disney villa holiday. We had such a lovely time, in this lovely villa, and we were so sad that it was over.

By 8am we were all up, and we had eggs on toast for breakfast. With the majority of the packing done the night before, all that remained was to strip the beds, put some washing on, and gather up the last remaining bits to be packed.

A hearty breakfast

Doughnut for breakfast?!

Pool man

While we doing all this, we noticed a strange man hanging around by the pool! Turns out someone had come to clean the pool.

By 10am we were getting ready to leave, when Jo and I both noticed we’d had missed calls on our phone; American Airlines had been trying to call us, so Jo called them back. Due to the weather, our flight to New York from Orlando had been cancelled! They had rebooked us though…. On a flight tomorrow! If we hadn’t packed everything, stripped the beds, and got rid of all the food and drink, we might have tried to arrange to stay another day, but we were literally heading out the door. After quite a long time on the phone Jo managed to get us onto a flight today, however it was for an hour earlier, and we were now leaving half an hour later than planned - things had got tense!

On the phone

Packed and ready

As we were ready to go, as soon as Jo was off the phone we were out the door. Plans to stop for petrol to fill up on the way went out the window, we would just have to pay whatever fee Avis were going to charge us - no doubt it would be ridiculously expensive (it was). The time was 10:30am and we had two and a half hours until we took off, and we had no boarding passes!

We drove straight to the airport, dropped off the car, and got to the check in area as quickly as we could, only to be greeted by a huge queue! The time was now 11:45am, and our flight was due to take off at 1:15pm. An American Airlines person was walking past, so Jo stopped her and explained the situation. She told Jo that we probably wouldn’t make the flight standing in this queue, so very kindly, took Jo to an empty check in desk, and checked us in. We are so grateful to that lady for doing that, as that wasn’t her job, and she didn’t have to do that for us. Thank you American Airlines lady!

This queue!

Dealing with the lovely American Airlines lady

Now that we were checked in, we headed straight to passport control, which wasn’t too busy, and then got the monorail out to gate 53. We needed to get to the gate asap as we didn’t have seats assigned, so once there we went straight to the desk. Fortunately we managed to get three seats together, and once we had those boarding passes in our hands we could breathe a huge sigh of relief!

Sad to be leaving

Relieved to have boarding passes at last

The time was now 12:30pm, and now we had an hour and a quarter to kill, as ironically, the flight had now been delayed until 1:45pm.

There was much around the gate, and we ended up with some fairly uninspiring sandwiches from RubyTuesday. As we sat and ate them, we got chatting to an American man from Texas who - because he’d worked for a European freight company (the name and location of which I have forgotten) - had spent quite a lot of time in Europe, and a young Dutch girl

All we can do is wait...

And eat rubbish sandwiches!

It was 2pm, and finally time to board our plane. Due to being in the last group to board they wanted us to put our small hand luggage suitcase in the hold due to lack of overhead bins, but Jo convinced them we had essential stuff in there; as it turned out we had no problem finding a space for it in the overhead bins, so not sure why they wanted to do that?!

The plane finally took off at 2:45pm, the weather up north had been the cause of the delay; causing problems just like it did on the way out.

This plane had no seatback entertainment, so Isabella occupied herself on the Hudl, I caught up with my notes, and Jo watched Toy Story 3 on the overhead TV screen (remember those?!), and cried again (she does every time she watches it).

Taking off

Above the clouds

Getting close to New York

Floral Park, NY

Landing

After catching up on my notes I watched some programs I had downloaded to my phone, and then by about 5:30pm we had arrived in Terminal 8, JFK international, New York.

Once we were off the plane, we went to duty free, then got a pizza, followed by a Starbucks. We had planned on exploring a bit further afield, but we were right at the end of Concourse B and only had about 30 minutes until the next flight.

Terminal 8 plan

#ThisIsNewYorkCity

Starbucks

With Starbucks in hand we headed to the gate, and by 6:45pm we were in our seats and ready to head for home.

It was a pretty rubbish flight home; from sitting on the plane for an hour waiting to take off, to the lack of seat back entertainment, to the turbulence, and really crappy food, it wasn’t much fun. I was also pretty uncomfortable, and couldn’t get any decent sleep, and also got a headache.

"And at last I see the light..."

Crappy breakfast

Sleeping

Awake

When we finally landed in Manchester I was very pleased, although slightly less pleased with the loooong queue for passport control.

This queue!

It was about 8:30am when we landed, and even with the queuing, by 9:30am we were back at the car and ready for the long drive back home - the bags had come quickly, the bus stop was right outside the terminal building, the bus had arrived quickly, and unbelievably someone had actually offered to help me load the multiple bags onto the bus rather than just walking round them in order to get on the bus quicker!

This is always such a sad photo

Wearing daddy's t-shirt!

The drive home was tiring and very wet - returning to England from Florida isn’t the same unless the weather is awful is it?

We made a stop on the M6 at the Roadchef Stafford Services Southbound to get a McDonalds, and by 2pm we had arrived home.

McDonald's

So that’s it. Our 17 day, villa stay is over. I hope you’ve enjoyed reading, thank you all for taking the time to read, and for all of your lovely comments. As you’re probably aware, our next trip starts tomorrow! We’re so very lucky to be able to make the most of those Annual Passes that we bought last year.

Until next time; thanks for reading!

Isabella's final trip report day

P.S. Pre-trip for my next trip is already up, you can read it here

Edited at 12:20 PM.
Stewboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 17, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
rosiebun3
Apprentice Imagineer

rosiebun3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Have enjoyed reading. I understand re crying at toy story 3, even my DS at 18 cries
Hope the trip goes well

Edited at 02:20 PM.
rosiebun3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 17, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Really have thoroughly enjoyed reading your report - awful coming home isn't it - and such a rush after your flight was cancelled! You must be so excited to be going in 1 day to AKL Club Level - looking forward to reading all about it. Just off to read your pre-trippie. Have a fantastic time

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 17, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
nanasamboy
slightly serious Dibber

Boooo home time! But at least you are almost there again already

Ahhh JFK. I have fond memories of running across the terminals for my connecting flight, all of three days ago haha *flashbacks*

How does Isabella look so cute and refreshed after such a long flight! Look how bouncy and shiny her hair is, too! *is jealous*

Awww thanks for sharing! I'm always sad when I get to the end of a Sear family trippie, but at least I know there's a new one coming real soon Looking forward to seeing AKL!

Sam x
nanasamboy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 17, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
i love jack
Apprentice Imagineer

Shame about the whole rushing and rubbish flight home, but a great trip, thank you for sharing and I look forward to reading the next one
Old 22 Oct 17, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Rob & Jan
Being a bit Goofy

Great trip report thanks for sharing your holiday. Lucky you going again so soon, have fabulous time-looking forward to your next report.
Rob & Jan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 17, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A great trip shame about the problems with the flights home

Thanks once again for taking the time to do the trippie I have enjoyed reading along

Looking forward to the next one have a great time

Joan
Old 22 Oct 17, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Loved your report.roll on the next one 😀
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 17, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
EJSakaAnna
Imagineer

Brilliant report as always Sear family, thanks for sharing your trip with us.

Have a great trip . Looking forward to hearing about AK club level xx
EJSakaAnna is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 17, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post

Loved your trip report and look forward to the next one. We're heading out just a couple of days behind you and I can't wait. Safe travels team Sear.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List