Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 13 Oct 18, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
CosmicGirl
Apprentice Imagineer

Rosen Inn International: worried about pets in rooms - what is your experience?

Hello everyone,

I have a very cheap quick trip planned for December and am tempted to stay at the Rosen Inn International (Sand Lake crossing) for the first time because the price is great and I'm trying to do this as cheaply as possible. However, their pet policy has me worried.

On their website they state that they have designated pet rooms but I just e-mailed them to confirm and they replied that they don't have dedicated pet rooms but that the rooms get a deep clean after a pet has stayed in them.

Could you please share your experience w.r.t. cleanliness, smell, etc? I understand that people love their pets but I'm one of those people who doesn't want a bed that a dog has slept in.
How common are pets here and have any of you had a bad experience at this hotel related to their pet policy?

My alternative option was the Clarion Inn LBV but of course that has the same owners and the same issue. The other alternative is the Hilton Garden Inn LBV which does not allow pets, but the difference in cost with the Rosen Inn would cover the car... so I'm hoping you can put my mind at ease.

Oh, and yes, I know that all hotels are required to allow service animals but I'm less worried about those because they tend to be well-mannered. That's what I need to tell myself, anyway, or there wouldn't be a single hotel where I could stay .
CosmicGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 18, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
keeley78
Imagineer

keeley78's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
We stayed at Rosen international last time & didn’t see any dogs or other animals at all in 3 weeks, our room was clean & smell free, we stayed at the clarion in 2012 & there were a couple of dogs there, a lady had a small dog in a pushchair, took it to the pool too, our room was ok but a bit dusty in areas it wasn’t cleaned as well as the other Rosen’s we’ve stayed in, wouldn’t stay there again but that’s due to the area more than anything, didn’t like it one bit plus it was too quiet for us, I’d have no issues staying at Rosen international again & im not a pet person

Rosen inn @ pointe May 2010, Rosen inn @ pointe & got married May 2011, Clarion inn LBV May 2012, Rosen international, RPR & Hilton Clearwater July/aug 2013
New York July 2016
Rosen @ pointe, Cabana Bay & All star sports Oct/ Nov 2018, New York July 2023
keeley78 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 18, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
ally1966
Imagineer

We’ve stayed at the Rosen International twice (2008 and 2012). I’ve never seen any pets around the property and our rooms were spotlessly clean, certainly no smell of animals. We were very happy with our holidays there so much so that we’re going again next year.
ally1966 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 18, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Clarentino
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I've stayed here 4 times & will be back next year, I've never seen any dogs about. They do have a wee patch of grass in between 2 of the 2 storey blocks for dogs so I've aways assumed that they were the pet rooms.
Clarentino is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 18, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
We’ve also stayed at the Rosen inn and I couldn’t fault it. The clarion is more convenient for Disney and the Rosen is great for universal
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 18, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
CosmicGirl
Apprentice Imagineer

Thank you for your feedback Keeley, Ally, Clarentino, and Bev.
May I ask how long ago your stays were? The reason I ask is that bringing your pet to a hotel seems to be a fairly recent phenomenon. I've been going to Orlando since 1999 and never saw any pets until 2016 but it only appears to be increasing ever since.

I'm familiar with both LBV and I-drive so I know what I'm getting myself into with the location. It's just the no pets vs. cost of car dilemma I need to figure out.

Edited at 02:45 PM.
CosmicGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 18, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
We stayed there for 3 nights in August 2017.

Bearing In mind we rarely stay offsite we were quite happy with our room. It was big, clean and had a little kitchenette.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 18, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Clarentino
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We were there November last year for 14 nights. We also spent 22 nights at the Clarion LBV in April & didn't see any dogs (we spent 1 night at HRH & saw 2 dogs lol).
Clarentino is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 18, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
CosmicGirl
Apprentice Imagineer

Haha I guess people who stay at the Rosen/Clarion Inn don't want to pay more per pet than per person. That's less of an issue for those at HRH .
Old 13 Oct 18, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazascouser
Apprentice Imagineer

Mazascouser's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We stayed at the Rosen inn international for 7 days at Easter this year. Saw one water bowl outside one of the ground floor rooms but did not actually see any dogs. The room was by the car park.
We had a ground floor room and it was spotless not far from the main reception. If I was you and wanted to stay in the Rosen inn international then I would request a high floor facing away from the i4. There were blocks of 2, 4 and 6 floors high, check out the hotel map.
Mazascouser is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List