Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Sep 19, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Bookings for WDW packages significantly down according to Pete Werner?

You may know the Youtube channel, the guy runs a big WDW travel agency and another Disney website.

He says the numbers are way down, including packages- and he would know.

He reckons the prices have just got too high.

He also speculates WDW tends to drop off 6 months pre a recession.

Sounds like hard times could be coming for WDW?

Edit- also just read layoffs are happening, first amongst staff generally, then entertainment cuts also.

Did Disney get too greedy?

Edited at 03:45 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

I don’t think any of us would disagree that prices are increasing beyond what can be justified.

I say justified yet we’ve booked and paid a bloody fortune for next year but tactically we’ve gone for a delux and free dining as we are thinking realistically this is our only/last chance at a delux as free dining is squeezed out. Might be wrong but without free dining we couldn’t afford to stay onsite anyway so we made our decision and we’re paying (a lot!) for it.

I do think Disney are fast on their way to out pricing us.
ely3857 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Billy Beatnik
Imagineer

Disney has been getting too greedy for a good few years now. They seem to think that it doesn’t matter how much they inflate the prices as there’ll always be mugs prepared to pay them. This is one of the reasons we won’t be going again for a good few years.
Yes, people will say that they have to pay for Star Wars land etc, but normal people can’t afford to keep paying over inflated prices. I know the tickets are a lot more now due to the poor rate of the £ to the $, but even allowing for this, they are really expensive.
Old 15 Sep 19, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
rpmonag
I want to go now!

Just searched through old emails and scary that we paid £1350 for 14 day WDW tickets in 2013 (first year we took the kids) and have just paid £2145 for July 2020. Also seem to remember that a POR Standard Room was £170 per night back in 2015, equivalent 2020 price is £233. There does come a point where the year on year increases are too much for a lot of folk and maybe that time is coming soon.
rpmonag is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Picklepuppy
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

Originally Posted by rpmonag View Post
Just searched through old emails and scary that we paid £1350 for 14 day WDW tickets in 2013 (first year we took the kids) and have just paid £2145 for July 2020. Also seem to remember that a POR Standard Room was £170 per night back in 2015, equivalent 2020 price is £233. There does come a point where the year on year increases are too much for a lot of folk and maybe that time is coming soon.
How many children do you have? We’ve paid £1800 for 21 day tickets for 2adults and 2kids!
Picklepuppy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
kitjos
slightly serious Dibber

We are also priced out for WDW, I did look into it, but I cant justify the cost overall . We are sticking to I-drive and 3 park SeaWorld tickets, poss Universal when the kids are older (price dependant again due to huge new park being constructed!). Its a hard pill to swallow as we would love WDW x
kitjos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
disney_daddy
Excited about Disney

Mobile

This will be our last stay onsite I should imagine, we aren't returning for 4 years anyway due to our sons education. Then due to our children's ages when we do return (17 & 10) we won't fit into a standard room anymore so would need two rooms or a 2 bed villa at SSR or something similar which I should imagine will be way past our budget. A two bed suite at a Disney good neighbor hotel would be the only option.
Old 15 Sep 19, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
colin39
Imagineer

Mobile

Tbh we havent been to disney, other than 1 afterhours last year in 3 years , why spend all that money, plus majic bands , the time and effort faffing about for fast passes fighting the crowds and still spend hours trying to do rides. Let alone pating to park, ya need a fast pass for the carparks lately
Old 15 Sep 19, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
temo_gemo
Excited about Disney

Has Star Wars land been as successful as Disney thought it would be? Maybe they thought it would bring in the crowds and they would pay to stay on site for the benefits?

September 2009, October 2011, October 2012,
January 2015, September 2016
August 2019
temo_gemo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkspideruk
Imagineer

pinkspideruk's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
star was isnt finished - next ride opens in Dec but hotel and full interactivity of it wont be live for a while - they also have a shed load of other changes coming up so i guess its wait and see - they make big bucks from the taco tours and dont seem to care when they queue jump/hold and act like jerks

Sep 01 - Sep 20 Universal Endless Summer Surfside
pinkspideruk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List