Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 18 Sep 19, 06:53 AM  
Link to this Post
strog25
Dancing with Tink'

New Pick Up class at Alamo

Hi, I have been watching prices for my 2 weeks in Miami in October and notice a couple of weeks ago the introduced 2 new Classes, a Standard Pick up and a Premium Pick up. The standard has been around £600 for the 2 weeks and the premium around £690 for the same period.

I looked this morning and the Standard is now £300 and the Premium is a no brainer at £302!

I might change my current booking over to the Premium Pick up, it being a F150 or Similar, but my girlfriend might not be too happy about that.
strog25 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I also spotted those classes on the Brits site.

However as I have no desire to lay a patio for anybody or transport a load of Amazon parcels for delivery I will stick to the Standard SUV

Should I decide to book a pick up I have little doubt that my Wife would attempt to stick it in an orifice of mine.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Pupbelly
Very Serious Dibber

Whilst not on my radar they do intrigue me I will admit.

I wonder how safe they are if you choose to put 'stuff' in the back under the load cover. I assume they lock?

I would be interested to hear of peoples experiences. There's only two of us so there's no need for major amounts of room, but can you get a hefty one with a bit of grunt?

Edited at 09:56 AM.
Pupbelly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Pupbelly View Post
Whilst not on my radar they do intrigue me I will admit. I wonder how safe they are if you choose to put 'stuff' in the back under the load cover. i assume they lock?
I would be interested to hear of peoples experiences. There's only two of us so there's no need for major amounts of room, but can you get a hefty one with a bit of grunt?
You don’t get a load cover, back is open. As there are only two of you the back seat swab lift up and locks so there’s loads of room behind the front seats.
Although I haven’t rented one I saw a couple of Ford F-150 Raptors at Alamo Sanford. Now that’s serious power
450-hp twin-turbo V-6 and 10-speed automatic transmission can shoot it to 60 mph in 5.1 seconds
You may be able to get a F150 Limited which now has the Raptor power train in it but a bit softer suspension for onroad driving, not seen them at Alamo.

A plus for these trucks is if you hire a bigger one such as a Ford F-250, due to their size the CMs at the Disney parking lots often park you at the start of parking rows where there’s not room for two cars nose to tail. So nice and close to the trams taking you to the entrance.

Edited at 10:16 AM.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
I also spotted those classes on the Brits site.

However as I have no desire to lay a patio for anybody or transport a load of Amazon parcels for delivery I will stick to the Standard SUV

Should I decide to book a pick up I have little doubt that my Wife would attempt to stick it in an orifice of mine.
C’mon now Tom you know how plush the interiors of these “ construction vehicles” can be. Full leather, aircon and all the bells and whistles of a top line SUV. Plus you don’t have to worry about parking dents as you will be dishing them out, not receiving them.
BTW your wife would fail due to the size of the truck . Then again...
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PPM View Post
never underestimate the powers of an angry woman ...

anyway, those categories existed on the US alamo site, I assume if they were not offered on UK sites, it was because Brits vistors were not the target market for those vehicles

I've seen a few trucks in fullsize sedan row one year, and even considered getting one (got an impala instead and did not regret it) it was a few good years ago

I understand how one would rent these monsters, for novelty or maybe to experience some tailgate parties in their deluxe disney hotel's parking lot ... why not, lol

but, not for me
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Pupbelly
Very Serious Dibber

You don’t get a load cover, back is open. As there are only two of you the back seat swab lift up and locks so there’s loads of room behind the front seats.
Although I haven’t rented one I saw a couple of Ford F-150 Raptors at Alamo Sanford. Now that’s serious power
450-hp twin-turbo V-6 and 10-speed automatic transmission can shoot it to 60 mph in 5.1 seconds
You may be able to get a F150 Limited which now has the Raptor power train in it but a bit softer suspension for onroad driving, not seen them at Alamo.

A plus for these trucks is if you hire a bigger one such as a Ford F-250, due to their size the CMs at the Disney parking lots often park you at the start of parking rows where there’s not room for two cars nose to tail. So nice and close to the trams taking you to the entrance.
Thank you PPM I've not done the research yet, where do they sit classification wise? I've gone for a full size car this year, so are they deemed a near class or are they 'specials'? An F-150 Raptor would be superb!
Pupbelly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
C’mon now Tom you know how plush the interiors of these “ construction vehicles” can be. Full leather, aircon and all the bells and whistles of a top line SUV. Plus you don’t have to worry about parking dents as you will be dishing them out, not receiving them.
Seeing as how I am having an operation on that particular area on Friday evening my Wife may manage in her endeavors!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Seeing as how I am having an operation on that particular area on Friday evening my Wife may manage in her endeavors!
All the best with the Op I’m sure everything will be fine.
Old 18 Sep 19, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Pupbelly View Post
Thank you PPM I've not done the research yet, where do they sit classification wise? I've gone for a full size car this year, so are they deemed a near class or are they 'specials'? An F-150 Raptor would be superb!
I honestly don’t know I spotted them at Alamo Sanford until I was dragged away by Mrs PPM She has the same view as Toms wife