Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Sep 19, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Fatboyslick
Apprentice Imagineer

Fatboyslick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Mobile

Originally Posted by itsmeGAV View Post
Big brother is always watching 🙃
These ads will have already been paid for and targeted before this weekends fun and games.

Disney Land... Disney Land Paris
May14, Sep15... Mar17
Fatboyslick is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Fatboyslick View Post
Is it ATOL protected?
If not you will have to pay for your own alternate flights and claim back on insurance I think (if covered).

If it is covered, not sure if ATOL will sort out accommodation for you seeing as you’re only covered for flights.
No it’s not ATOL protected and would have to sort out our own accommodation.

Just been on FB and someone has said all TC flights are operating as normal so the planes will be coming out but whether or not they’ll be able to take us home is anyone’s guess at the moment.
Old 22 Sep 19, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Mobile

Not sure if this is helpful at all, but we were flight only with monarch overseas when they went bust. We were repatriated on a Qatar Airways plane around two hours after our actual expected flight time. I believe they repatriated everyone waiting to come home within the following two weeks regardless of ATOL/being in a package. Perhaps the CAA would do the same with TC customers? We can only hope. Fingers crossed for you all.
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Fatboyslick
Apprentice Imagineer

Fatboyslick's Reviews
Originally Posted by orlandoamber View Post
Not sure if this is helpful at all, but we were flight only with monarch overseas when they went bust. We were repatriated on a Qatar Airways plane around two hours after our actual expected flight time. I believe they repatriated everyone waiting to come home within the following two weeks regardless of ATOL/being in a package. Perhaps the CAA would do the same with TC customers? We can only hope. Fingers crossed for you all.
Good to know thanks. My personal concern is that I check out today and no idea if ATOL book me into a hotel or if I have to do it myself!

Imagine being stuck here for another two weeks though... I have pets in a pet hotel and deliveries booked to my house!

Oh and my Disney Park tickets will have ran out lol
Fatboyslick is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Fatboyslick View Post
Good to know thanks. My personal concern is that I check out today and no idea if ATOL book me into a hotel or if I have to do it myself!

Imagine being stuck here for another two weeks though... I have pets in a pet hotel and deliveries booked to my house!

Oh and my Disney Park tickets will have ran out lol
I’m afraid I can’t help with that one as Monarch went bust the one day and we were due to fly back the next night. For the whole of the first day we didn’t know what flight we would be getting, but knew that we would be getting one at some point (as we woke up to texts telling us they’d gone under with a link to a website for info I believe). The website posted original flight numbers followed by new numbers and times - ours was released around 11pm for a flight around 9pm the next night (supposed to be around 7pm with monarch I think).

Before we found out we’d be flying on our original day we had enquired with our hotel if we could keep the room (we couldn’t) and envisaged we would have to pay that ourselves and then claim it back as the CAA hadn’t mentioned anything about accommodation (we were flight only though).
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Trusty ian
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

Well, the good news, if it is good news , flights are still taking off from Manchester. JFK is airborne. So nothing grounded as of yet.
Trusty ian is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Fatboyslick
Apprentice Imagineer

Fatboyslick's Reviews
Mobile

Update here: Thomas Cook customers will not be stranded, vows Raab bbc/news/business-49785426

Either we will know this afternoon and get told if this evenings flights happen or they’ll announce once we land in the morning

May14, Sep15... Mar17
Old 22 Sep 19, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
squibbon
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

We're due to fly home Wednesday. Travel insurance runs out Thursday. I assume we would need to look at getting extra cover so we are not uninsured while waiting to get home if the worst happens.
squibbon is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by squibbon View Post
We're due to fly home Wednesday. Travel insurance runs out Thursday. I assume we would need to look at getting extra cover so we are not uninsured while waiting to get home if the worst happens.
Please confirm with your current insurer but I believe if the delay/cancellation happens when your insurance is in force then the cover continues until the situation is resolved and you land back home.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Fatboyslick
Apprentice Imagineer

Fatboyslick's Reviews
Mobile

Well off to the airport I go!

May14, Sep15... Mar17