Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 21 Sep 19, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
MoragSybil
A Guest at All-Stars

Parking Mum !

We're going back to Florida in November for the first time for twelve years Last time there were four of us, including our two kids aged about 8 and 10. This time it's me and hubby ! He likes walking long distances, and now I don't really. I remember as a youngster 'parking' my mum for an hour or so at a time so that the rest of us could enjoy the day unencumbered.

Can anyone recommend 'parking places' for me in MK, HS, Epcot, US and IOA ? (if they include something fun to do without endless walking so much the better !)
MoragSybil is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Sweets
like a dog with a bone

Mobile

I would probably go do some rides, watch a show and then agree a meet up point and time. Or I’d lie by the pool while my DH wandered off.

Port Orleans Riverside ~ Oct 2012
Hard Rock Hotel (no Disney!) ~ Aug 2016
New York, Sheraton NY Times Square ~ Feb 2017
Santorini, Dana Villas ~ Aug 2017
Yacht Club ~ Sept 2018
Caribbean Cruise, P&O ~ Mar 2019
Caribbean Beach Resort ~ May 2022 & May 2023
Drury Plaza (first adults only trip!) ~ Aug 2024

Sweets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
KRBarnard
Very Serious Dibber

KRBarnard's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

L''artisan Des Glaces in France makes amazing ice-cream every day. Go and get one of those and park up on one of the nearby benches waterside and do some people watching. When I was pregnant, I saved all my snack credits to use at EPCOT; we had the most wonderful day just slowly meandering around the world showcase having indulgent little snacks and watching the world go by. One of my most favourite trips
Gateway Inn '97 Radisson Barcelo '99 Quality Inn Plaza '01 Quality Inn Int'l '03 La Quinta Inns&Suites '05 B.W. Movieland '07 Holiday Inn '08 & '09 Indian Creek '10 & '11 Vista Cay '12 Rosen Inn @ Pointe and Miami '13 Vista Cay '13,'14,'15,'16 CBR '16 Tampa, POR & SSR '17 OKW + Vista Cay '18 Windsor Hills '19 Vista Cay'22
KRBarnard is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
JediMuM
Imagineer

Not sure where your staying but my OH would have a lazy morning or time at the pool whilst I go off and do the parks .. this is normally at universal HRH.
If we have the kids normally we all go out or if OH crohns is perticualary bad I take the Disney busses with the kids.

I don't mind wondering off on hols and normally it's either the gym or parks as OH prefers a quiet relax holiday and I'm a bit more theme park daft lol x
Old 22 Sep 19, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
MoragSybil
A Guest at All-Stars

Thanks guys. We are staying off-site, so darting back to accomm. not really an option. I have bought myself some, allegedly comfortable, footwear, and am in training re the walking ! Am very much looking forward to it...but at my pace!
MoragSybil is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Show are a great way to rest feet and get aircon. Table service restaurants help break up a long day of walking
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Places for a relaxing sit down.

AK during the day. In the Rivers of Light stadium. With a drink at the far eating end of Flame Tree BBQ (quiet and great view of Everest).

In DHS. On the seats looking at the lake with a dinosaur in it, kind of in front of the Indiana Jones show. Or there’s a bench outside the shop that you exit Tower I’d Terror from that’s a relaxed spot next to a coffee van.

At MK walk up the Main Street station and there are benches with a view of Main Street USA. There are also chairs just to the side of where you catch the boat for Tom Sawyers Island that are quiet.

At Epcot there are loads of benches around World Showcase but also some lovely quiet nooks and crannies around the pavilions is you wander about. The gardens in the UK when a band isn’t playing are a great spot. In between where Mission Space is and Ellen used to be there are some concrete seats where almost no one ever is. I think it might have been a smoking spot previously.

At all the parks the lounges are a fabulous place to cool down with a drink and chill for a while. There isn’t one at MK though.
Old 22 Sep 19, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Tom Sawyer Island is lovely if you can get one of the rocking chairs! Nice view of haunted Mansion, iirc...
Tinkjon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Rather than base yourself somewhere, why not agree to meet at a certain point/time, then you can still explore but at your pace.
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 11:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by KRBarnard View Post
L''artisan Des Glaces in France makes amazing ice-cream every day. Go and get one of those and park up on one of the nearby benches waterside and do some people watching. When I was pregnant, I saved all my snack credits to use at EPCOT; we had the most wonderful day just slowly meandering around the world showcase having indulgent little snacks and watching the world go by. One of my most favourite trips
I agree, I had one of their ice creams yesterday and it was delicious.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List