Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Apr 20, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile Hotels in around Disneyland/Hollywood

Can anyone recommend hotels for families around Disneyland area - walking distance if possible, and also a hotel that would be central to Hollywood for walk of fame, Warner Bros, The Grove, Hollywood signs etc? I really don’t know if these are in the same area, but know LA is vast and traffic is a nightmare! Would have a car.

Tentatively looking at future plans but feel a bit out of my depth with California!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 20, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

You need Bad Pink Tink who has an excellent list to see this!

I would base myself in different locations for Disneyland and Hollywood personally (unless you just wanted a day trip to Hollywood).

The good news about Anaheim is that there are many many hotels in affordable price zones near the parks. Lots are walking distance which is a big bonus.

What is your budget?

We’ve stayed at a couple of Holiday Inns, a Best Western, a Hilton and the Peacock Suites. Also the Grand Californian but that’s a very different price point!

All have pros and cons and happy to share thoughts If it would help but there are many more options than that.

What is your family make up? I mean is one room enough or are you after suite type accommodation?
KarenG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 20, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
swiper
VIP Dibber

For Disneyland we stayed in Hyatt House. Excellent family place with a wonderful free breakfast and a short 5 minutes walk to Disney.
In Hollywood for Universal, Warner bros plus tours we stayed in the Lowes Hollywood ($6 to universal) plus the hotel has the best view of the Hollywood sign. The hotel was for us an excellent location for everything we wanted to do around that area.
swiper is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 20, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
You need Bad Pink Tink who has an excellent list to see this!

I would base myself in different locations for Disneyland and Hollywood personally (unless you just wanted a day trip to Hollywood).

The good news about Anaheim is that there are many many hotels in affordable price zones near the parks. Lots are walking distance which is a big bonus.

What is your budget?

We’ve stayed at a couple of Holiday Inns, a Best Western, a Hilton and the Peacock Suites. Also the Grand Californian but that’s a very different price point!

All have pros and cons and happy to share thoughts If it would help but there are many more options than that.

What is your family make up? I mean is one room enough or are you after suite type accommodation?
Thanks for replying! We are 2 adults and 2 teens, dd will be 15 by the time we go and ds 13. Ideally a family type room would be great, but know it’s not always possible. It would only be for 4 nights as looking to get 4 day Disney tickets. I like the look of Paradise Pier, and have seen a few others which Expedia state are a 6 min walk, one being the Tropicana, not sure of what it’s like but location wise it looked decent. A suite would be lovely, I was thinking around £800-1300? Is this realistic?

As for Hollywood, we would book another hotel, so 4 nights Disney, 2/3 nights Hollywood area, depending on what we were going to do. Again, looking at around £500-1000 max.

We would more than likely be heading down to San Diego after.

NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 20, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by swiper View Post
For Disneyland we stayed in Hyatt House. Excellent family place with a wonderful free breakfast and a short 5 minutes walk to Disney.
In Hollywood for Universal, Warner bros plus tours we stayed in the Lowes Hollywood ($6 to universal) plus the hotel has the best view of the Hollywood sign. The hotel was for us an excellent location for everything we wanted to do around that area.
I think I looked at Hyatt House, with free breakfast and was about £822 for the Comparative dates this year, im sure it had a room with a bunk bed and sofa bed it it? Or I might be making that up 😂😂 I’ll look at the Lowes hotel too, have stayed in a few of them before and they’re always nice. Thanks!

Old 24 Apr 20, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Peacock Suites might suit then. It’s the only one we’ve stayed at which had suite accommodation. I’m trying to remember what we paid, I think it was £80/night. That gave us a living room with double sofa bed, separate double bedroom with bathroom in the middle. Definitely small compared to other suites we’ve stayed in but I think they have bigger units.

Parking was free via a valet service (so tips) and the ART stop was at the hotel.

It was walkable but about a mile so there are closer options. Very close to a Cheesecake Factory though (five minute walk)
Old 24 Apr 20, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
Thanks for replying! We are 2 adults and 2 teens, dd will be 15 by the time we go and ds 13. Ideally a family type room would be great, but know it’s not always possible. It would only be for 4 nights as looking to get 4 day Disney tickets. I like the look of Paradise Pier, and have seen a few others which Expedia state are a 6 min walk, one being the Tropicana, not sure of what it’s like but location wise it looked decent. A suite would be lovely, I was thinking around £800-1300? Is this realistic?

As for Hollywood, we would book another hotel, so 4 nights Disney, 2/3 nights Hollywood area, depending on what we were going to do. Again, looking at around £500-1000 max.

We would more than likely be heading down to San Diego after.
Believe it or not but some offsite hotels are closer to the parks than Paradise Pier is!
Old 25 Apr 20, 12:03 AM  
Link to this Post
MaMasher
Gone all Goofy

Hi we’ve stayed in the Best Western Park Place Inn (I’m sure that’s the name) 3 times now for Disneyland. I don’t think you can get any closer, literally cross the road and you are at Disneyland. You get an ok continental breakfast, but there is also an IHOP next door and load of other restaurants.
For Hollywood we stayed at the Hollywood Orchid Suites, you walk through an underpass and you are in the Hollywood and Highland centre, right beside everything. It’s not the best looking hotel but it was clean and the staff were lovely, location is amazing. We had a suite it had 2 double beds, a small kitchen, table etc and the bathroom, but they have different sizes of suites. There is a metro stop about 2 mins away, we used that to go to Universal, we got a hop on/off tour bus and got off and on at load of stops such as the Grove, the tar pits, Rodeo Drive, etc and we used the car to go to Warner bros tour. Plenty restaurants around but we didn’t wander too far from the touristy area at night as some areas looked a bit rough. We’ve been to LA twice and I know some people love it, I don’t, seen and did what we wanted and don’t think I’d go back, other than to fly in to LAX
MaMasher is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 20, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
davidct
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Hi - We have stayed at a few great ones :

Holiday Inn on Manchester Ave (walking distance)
The indigo (walking distance)
Sheraton Garden Grove is also good - shuttle bus
Disneyland Paris - 3 visits
Disney Cruises - 9
davidct is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List