Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Apr 20, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Rachaelwoolly
VIP Dibber

Would you end your trip in Anaheim or Burbank for ease of returning to airport ?

Hi All

As the question says which is the best option or does it not matter!?

Im thinking about whether we should do the Disneyland Anaheim part of the trip or the universal/holywood/Burbank based part of our trip first or last- nightmarish scenarios are playing out in my head about not making the flight home due to infamous LA traffic ?
Is there a better option to travel from ?
Does anyone ever stay at an airport hotel the night before their flight ?

Or am I catastrophising !?

Thanks
Rachaelwoolly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 20, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Which airport would you be flying into and flying out of?

I do Disneyland / Anaheim at the end of my trip as my LA section is more chill out / holiday mode, where as Disney is go go go.

I like having chill out time at the start. After Disney I am exhausted so its great having a 10 hour flight to flake out, and do nothing.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 20, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Rachaelwoolly
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Bad Pink Tink View Post
Which airport would you be flying into and flying out of?

I do Disneyland / Anaheim at the end of my trip as my LA section is more chill out / holiday mode, where as Disney is go go go.

I like having chill out time at the start. After Disney I am exhausted so its great having a 10 hour flight to flake out, and do nothing.
Thanks for your reply !

we are flying in and out of LAX -
So far we are planning 4 nights San Francisco to start then flying down to LAX, so we have a week in LA /Anaheim altogether -unfortunately only have 2 weeks to play with and trying to limit costs and I have decided against driving as the though fills me with dread. Plus we have a limited time and can't do it all much as we would like to do some other things ie Monterey, Yosemite.This trip will be a tester and we can always return !

So I have yet to decide which order is best Anaheim for Disneyland and Probably Burbank to do Universal the all the other LA bits -so I am thinking that It may be best to end with Disney then ?

Edited at 08:33 PM.
Rachaelwoolly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 20, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mobys mum View Post
Thanks for your reply !

we are flying in and out of LAX -
So far we are planning 4 nights San Francisco to start then flying down to LAX, so we have a week in LA /Anaheim altogether -unfortunately only have 2 weeks to play with and trying to limit costs.
So I have yet to decide which order is best Anaheim for Disneyland and Probably Burbank to do Universal the all the other LA bits -so I am thinking that It may be best to end with Disney then ?
It could take you up to 90 minutes to drive from Burbank to Anaheim, depending on traffic and time of day.

I'm going to lay it out for you and give you an example of what you could realistically see. but it will be go go go

Day 1
Land in San Francisco

Day 2
San Francisco

Day 3
San Francisco

Day 4
San Francisco

Arrival Day LA Day 5
Land at LAX
Drive to Burbank
Check in
Food
Evening walk around the area

Day 6
Universal Studios

Day 7
Warner Bros Studios
Hollywood Walk of Fame

Day 8
Check out of Burbank Hotel
Drive to Anaheim
Check in to Anaheim hotel
Explore Anaheim / Garden Walk / Downtown Disney

Day 9
Disneyland

Day 10
Disneyland

Day 11
Check Out of Hotel
Shopping in Downtown Disney
Drive to LAX
Leave USA

Day 12
Arrive back in UK

Thats 12 days, but you didnt say how may days you would go to Universal and Disney , so I just put the minimum for each, 1 day at Universal and 2 days at Disney
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 20, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Rachaelwoolly
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Bad Pink Tink View Post
It could take you up to 90 minutes to drive from Burbank to Anaheim, depending on traffic and time of day.

I'm going to lay it out for you and give you an example of what you could realistically see. but it will be go go go

Day 1
Land in San Francisco

Day 2
San Francisco

Day 3
San Francisco

Day 4
San Francisco

Arrival Day LA Day 5
Land at LAX
Drive to Burbank
Check in
Food
Evening walk around the area

Day 6
Universal Studios

Day 7
Warner Bros Studios
Hollywood Walk of Fame

Day 8
Check out of Burbank Hotel
Drive to Anaheim
Check in to Anaheim hotel
Explore Anaheim / Garden Walk / Downtown Disney

Day 9
Disneyland

Day 10
Disneyland

Day 11
Check Out of Hotel
Shopping in Downtown Disney
Drive to LAX
Leave USA

Day 12
Arrive back in UK

Thats 12 days, but you didnt say how may days you would go to Universal and Disney , so I just put the minimum for each, 1 day at Universal and 2 days at Disney
Wow !

Thanks Bad Tink Pink
I think thats a good plan, my only other option is to drop to 3 nights in San Francisco or drop it all together focusing on LA and plan for Yosemite and SF on another trip but Im not sure about that.Its actually cheaper to do the multi flight option rather than return LAX , although I appreciate its all the other spending costs for SF that will add up .
Decisions decisions...
So Much to do and so little time ..!
Old 13 Apr 20, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Might be worth timing it to avoid Disney at the weekend.
Old 13 Apr 20, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I’d happily fly out of either indirect rather than battle my way back to LAX for a direct flight. It would depend which attractions I was doing last but of the two (I’ve used both) I prefer Burbank or even Long Beach. SAN Diego would be another good option as a last stop too.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 20, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
I’d happily fly out of either indirect rather than battle my way back to LAX for a direct flight. It would depend which attractions I was doing last but of the two (I’ve used both) I prefer Burbank or even Long Beach. SAN Diego would be another good option as a last stop too.
I’d add to that that John Wayne Santa Ana Airport is closest to Disneyland and traffic tends to be low. Have never yet managed to fly in or out of there but have tried!
Old 14 Apr 20, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
I’d add to that that John Wayne Santa Ana Airport is closest to Disneyland and traffic tends to be low. Have never yet managed to fly in or out of there but have tried!
I’ve had decent fares with Delta via Atlanta
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 20, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
I’ve had decent fares with Delta via Atlanta
Ah, it wasn’t the fares that put me off! It was the annoyingly long connection times...!