Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 27 Apr 20, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
themeparksandy
Imagineer

If it’s for a trackless ride that building isn’t that big and they can’t build it bigger as Disney’s one mans dream is behind it.
Could it be the Star Wars Launch bay that could be going instead?
themeparksandy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 20, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Sorry folks it’s the show they have there Voyage of the Little Mermaid- thought it was the ride but it’s the show, apparently shut for good.
That makes sense!

Though I always enjoyed the aircon and the sit down 😂
Old 27 Apr 20, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
StorybookCircus
Very Serious Dibber

Not a fan of the “black box” attraction idea. It just sounds cheap to me- Disney have invested a lot in Hollywood Studios recently, I don’t fancy a Universal Studios clone
StorybookCircus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 20, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
It was never a show we were interested in anyway and I can see how a “black box” ride could make good use of a finite or small space. I don’t really have an issue with it if done well.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 20, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
TartanTink
VIP Dibber

Mobile

My daughter loved this show when she was little, i must have seen it dozens of times. It is nostalgic for us so a must do !

Tartan Tink
TartanTink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 20, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
a11mark
Imagineer

a11mark's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Now this post has been edited it makes more sense. Most of the Animation courtyard, where Voyage of the Little Mermaid show sits along with Star Wars Launch Bay, Disney Junior Dance Party and Aerosmith Rock and Roller coaster is supposed to be turning into Cars Land.

Now take it with a pinch of salt as this was planned before Covid-19 and with Disney's balance sheets looking dry this year, this might now be delayed or even permanently on hold.

Cars land would have or will eventually sit behind sunset boulevard, but link those two areas together and makes the most sense given that the Lightning McQueen show sits next to Rock and Roller coaster, which has always felt oddly placed... until I got this rumor a few months back.

It would also link An Incredible celebration, Toy Story Land, Cars Land together all whilst expanding Pixar area in HWS

Edited at 12:52 PM.
a11mark is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 20, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by TartanTink View Post
My daughter loved this show when she was little, i must have seen it dozens of times. It is nostalgic for us so a must do !
Snap!
My daughter will be gutted to hear this.
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 20, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Twigglets
New Poster (5)

It was a well produced show however the above post mentioning the rumoured Cars Land this makes sense. It now feels out of place next to Launch Bay but with GE open Launch Bay is surely on borrowed time too
Twigglets is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 20, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

Mobile

Oh no, I love this show and was excited to take my little boy to see it as he loves the film.
Enchanted is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List