Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 6 May 20, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Water parks/swimming pools when Disney reopens

Apologies, I'm not sure if I'm being crazy even wondering this as I don't really know the scientific/medical type details but I'm just wondering what people's thoughts are on the water parks opening whenever the parks eventually do open?

We're booked for October 2020, and when I was trying to quickly put together a rough itinerary so that we could figure out our ADRs, I put us down for TL one day. Now thinking about it, I'm wondering it it'll even reopen with the rest of the parks?
PumpkinCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 20, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PumpkinCupcake View Post
Apologies, I'm not sure if I'm being crazy even wondering this as I don't really know the scientific/medical type details but I'm just wondering what people's thoughts are on the water parks opening whenever the parks eventually do open?

We're booked for October 2020, and when I was trying to quickly put together a rough itinerary so that we could figure out our ADRs, I put us down for TL one day. Now thinking about it, I'm wondering it it'll even reopen with the rest of the parks?
The Chlorine will help against any potential virus, however damp towels in humid conditions and any runny noses, sneezes, coughs etc won't be good

Pools are a big draw for most hotels and the Water parks are also a massive hit so i guess they will do everything they can safely to get them open. No doubt there will be rules and common sense in place but fingers crossed they will all be open soon

As for when they open though is still a guessing game with day by day changes. There seem's to be good vibes around the world at the moment (we're no where near over this but the world needs to keep moving in a positive way to get back to "normal" life) and small steady steps in the right direction and everyone seems to be pulling together

Edited at 11:02 AM.
Simon & Suzann is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 20, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
bunts
Getting Excited

I was wondering the same to be honest we are off in October as well fingers crossed and my kids love the water parks. If we did delay to beginning of March is it warm enough to go to the water parks. Sorry to jump on your post.

Edited at 11:23 AM.
bunts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 20, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Simon & Suzann View Post
The Chlorine will help against any potential virus, however damp towels in humid conditions and any runny noses, sneezes, coughs etc won't be good

Pools are a big draw for most hotels and the Water parks are also a massive hit so i guess they will do everything they can safely to get them open. No doubt there will be rules and common sense in place but fingers crossed they will all be open soon

As for when they open though is still a guessing game with day by day changes. There seem's to be good vibes around the world at the moment (we're no where near over this but the world needs to keep moving in a positive way to get back to "normal" life) and small steady steps in the right direction and everyone seems to be pulling together
This is what I was wondering too, people coughing or sneezing into the water, does that cause it to spread? (again, I don't really know this!)

My husband can't swim, so using the pools isn't a big thing for us anyway, but we did enjoy TL last time as he was fine there. If we can't go one day then it's not really a big loss for us, just hard to know how to plan!

All fingers and toes crossed that the parks in general will open!
PumpkinCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 20, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsmickey
Very Serious Dibber

As a parallel, we’re due to be staying at a water park in another Country in August. This week they sent an email explaining some of their plans, which included reduced numbers of guests (those staying on site only), you get a time slot for access for a 3 hour period, longer opening hours to accommodate everyone and additional sanitising. Whilst chlorine would help in the pools, there are things like eating areas, sun beds etc and in particular changing areas that will all need thinking about
mrsmickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 20, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PumpkinCupcake View Post
This is what I was wondering too, people coughing or sneezing into the water, does that cause it to spread? (again, I don't really know this!)
There is no evidence that the virus that causes COVID-19 can be spread to people through the water in pools, hot tubs, spas, or water play areas.
cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...php/water.html
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 20, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

I would imagine water parks will open on the same time table as the theme parks. They aren't really any different. If anything, Volcano Bay is already in a better place than most Theme Parks with its virtual queuing.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
michaelb136
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

For me, water parks will be safer than theme parks. Every time people get wet, they’ll be essentially getting washed in chlorine. Every surface that gets wet, will be getting washed in chlorine.
michaelb136 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Tesh11
Serious Dibber

Mobile

We are due to go late October/early November and this would be a game changer for us even if we are able to go as we enjoy the hotel pools and water parks as much as the theme parks, i guess discovery cove would also have to follow the same guidelines again another game changer for us! All this uncertainty is driving me mad! Was adamant we wouldn’t be going last week now the world seems to be moving forward I have a little hope, will probably change My mind again tomorrow!
Tesh11 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tesh11 View Post
We are due to go late October/early November and this would be a game changer for us even if we are able to go as we enjoy the hotel pools and water parks as much as the theme parks, i guess discovery cove would also have to follow the same guidelines again another game changer for us! All this uncertainty is driving me mad! Was adamant we wouldn’t be going last week now the world seems to be moving forward I have a little hope, will probably change My mind again tomorrow!
I know the feeling! I’ve been feeling negative the past two weeks, but have had a tiny bit of hope the last few days. It’s so hard to know with all this uncertainty