Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 May 20, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Originally Posted by signtalker View Post
On certain ticket combinations you can get in early to one park , we’ve never bought maxpass in all the times we’ve been and managed to do everything we wanted with no issues and no horrendous waits.

Jules
Thanks for that I will have a look at the ticket combos👍
Bazinga 39 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 20, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
StorybookCircus
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by sky13 View Post
I went end 2018. Bought Maxpass for each day in the morning right after scanning tickets to enter. It actually worked out quite well to buy for each day, as we had 5 days at DL/DCA and we didn't actually need Maxpass for every single day we were there.
My partner and I did exactly the same thing in April 2019. We were staying offsite so we didn’t benefit from EMA but we had the type of ticket that gives you early entry to one park on a specified day. We found that we didn’t really need to purchase Maxpass once we’d spent a day in each park and crossed off all the headliners. If you get to DCA for ropedrop you can easily walk on Mission: Breakout then hop over to Radiator Springs Racers before all the physical Fastpasses are gone. Once we booked a Fastpass for RSR whilst waiting for the rope to drop, walked onto M:B, walked onto RSR, then used our RSR fastpass to have another go straight away 😅
The only other thing you might want Maxpass for is photos- we got some brilliant pictures from WDW in 2016 so I was keen to find as many photographers/magic shots as possible, sadly there just didn’t seem to be many of them around in DCA. We got one great picture near Mickey’s Fun Wheel/The Incredicoaster and a truly dreadful one outside the train station (I don’t think the photographer had the right equipment for sunset/nighttime) Aside from ride photos, that was it 😭 We thought it might be because most of the characters still walk around and interact with guests instead of meeting at designated spots. Also the castle was still behind blue plastic while the renovators worked their magic, so there were absolutely no photographers on Main St. We still managed to take some lovely shots with our phones, but none of them have both of us in them (we’re not really selfie people!)
Remember if you only want to use Maxpass for the photos, only one person in your party needs to pay for it. If you want to get Fastpasses then you need to pay for each person who wants to ride.
We also found that the WiFi in the parks was far better than in WDW 🤞

Edited at 07:40 AM.
StorybookCircus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeymouseears
Excited about Disney

I agree. I wouldn't necessarily buy them in advance. There was a couple of days where we did not need them. You can decide on the day, it takes a few seconds only.
mickeymouseears is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Originally Posted by StorybookCircus View Post
My partner and I did exactly the same thing in April 2019. We were staying offsite so we didn’t benefit from EMA but we had the type of ticket that gives you early entry to one park on a specified day. We found that we didn’t really need to purchase Maxpass once we’d spent a day in each park and crossed off all the headliners. If you get to DCA for ropedrop you can easily walk on Mission: Breakout then hope over to Radiator Springs Racers before all the physical Fastpasses are gone. Once we booked a Fastpass for RSR whilst waiting for the rope to drop, walked onto M:B, walked onto RSR, then used our RSR fastpass to have another go straight away 😅
The only other thing you might want Maxpass for is photos- we got some brilliant pictures from WDW in 2016 so I was keen to find as many photographers/magic shots as possible, sadly there just didn’t seem to be many of them around in DCA. We got one great picture near Mickey’s Fun Wheel/The Incredicoaster and a truly dreadful one outside the train station (I don’t think the photographer had the right equipment for sunset/nighttime) Aside from ride photos, that was it 😭 We thought it might be because most of the characters still walk around and interact with guests instead of meeting at designated spots. Also the castle was still behind blue plastic while the renovators worked their magic, so there were absolutely no photographers on Main St. We still managed to take some lovely shots with our photos, but none of them have both of us in them (we’re not really selfie people!)
Remember if you only want to use Maxpass for the photos, only one person in your party needs to pay for it. If you want to get Fastpasses then you need to pay for each person who wants to ride.
We also found that the WiFi in the parks was far better than in WDW 🤞
Thanks very much for that information, I do love my photos in the parks so that would definitely influence my decision to purchase the Maxxpass😀
Bazinga 39 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List