Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 3 Jun 20, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bad Pink Tink View Post
My go to has always been Last Minute Travel Club, usually buy online and save around $50 But they changed their procedures in January 2020 and removed the online purchase feature. Before the lockdown they were selling by phone only , so I was holding of until nearer the time.

Other 3rd party sellers are undercover tourist and mousesavers.

If you do go 3rd party seller, I would advise one which gives you an E TICKET which you can link straight away on the App.

Some only give you a voucher which you have to redeem at the ticket kiosks in the esplanade.
Thanks for this, good to know! I think we will most likely go through Disney with everything going on but hadn’t looked at undercover tourist or mouse savers 👍🏻 Have looked at ATD and attraction tix (?) but will check those others out and then bite the bullet and get the tickets booked!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gigglywink View Post
Thanks for this, good to know! I think we will most likely go through Disney with everything going on but hadn’t looked at undercover tourist or mouse savers 👍🏻 Have looked at ATD and attraction tix (?) but will check those others out and then bite the bullet and get the tickets booked!
Just make sure you pay in full and that you get an E TICKET. Also I would only get 1 park per day tickets without Maxpass. At this stage, its looking like WDW is stopping park hopping so Disneyland could do the same. Also I wouldnt pay for Maxpass right now, as again we don't know what new procedures Disneyland will put in place. You can always add Maxpass each day when you scan into the parks, if you want it.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bad Pink Tink View Post
Just make sure you pay in full and that you get an E TICKET. Also I would only get 1 park per day tickets without Maxpass. At this stage, its looking like WDW is stopping park hopping so Disneyland could do the same. Also I wouldnt pay for Maxpass right now, as again we don't know what new procedures Disneyland will put in place. You can always add Maxpass each day when you scan into the parks, if you want it.
Yes we had thought of all of those things but it’s great to have someone else who suggests the same... makes me think our ideas are not totally bonkers! 🙂 It’s great that this forum allows alike people to bounce ideas off each other! Thanks for your advice/help x
Old 4 Jun 20, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Have just opened up a separate tab so that I could keep a check on there, thank you! Also, feel like such a creep as I've just found a thread that you have posted on, as I recognised your username! Also didn't realise you were from Ireland. I'm from Northern Ireland, and we'll be flying out of Dublin, so really hoping that this isn't an issue if they allow entry into the US from Ireland, but not the UK because we'll have to travel down

This is exactly the type of thing I need to read, as I'm trying to look on the news and it's not giving much info, or else the website has an ad blocker and it won't let me read the article!

Also now have another tab open to look at the tickets to figure out what to do. and also where to buy from, it's showing as around £40 cheaper to buy on Attraction Tickets, and it's a mobile ticket.

Edited at 11:12 AM.
PumpkinCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Hmm, so just looking at the T&Cs for Attraction tickets - it says 'Cancellation Policy: Once your ticket has been downloaded from your customer account, ticket is non-refundable.'

So does this mean that if I add the tickets to the app, this counts as downloaded, which means I wouldn't be able to get a refund?

If you know the answer to this, is it different if I book direct through Disney?
PumpkinCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by PumpkinCupcake View Post
Hmm, so just looking at the T&Cs for Attraction tickets - it says 'Cancellation Policy: Once your ticket has been downloaded from your customer account, ticket is non-refundable.'

So does this mean that if I add the tickets to the app, this counts as downloaded, which means I wouldn't be able to get a refund?

If you know the answer to this, is it different if I book direct through Disney?
This is what I was worrying about hence why I think we will buy today direct from Disney as Bad Pink Tink has done/suggests unless anyone can advise different?
Old 4 Jun 20, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

lol, don't feel like a creep, yep thats me on Disboards, same name, lol, and I post a lot more over there

The tickets direct through Disney are now valid until January 2022, so that means if the travel restrictions are not lifted, I can still use my ticket in 2021.

Also expired Disneyland tickets hold their value and can be applied to new tickets. So for example, if you buy a ticket which expires January 2021 , expecting to travel to October, but end up rescheduling to May 2021, all you do is go to the ticket kiosk in the Esplanade and pay the difference. Ie the expired ticket cost $300 but the 2021 ticket costs $310, you just pay $10

I have only bought tickets from USA re sellers, not UK resellers so I am not familiar with their t's and c's
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

I think I'm just going to book direct from Disney to save myself the worry, just incase. Good to know about the expiry date on them though, as I think if we have to reschedule this (again!), it will be until October next year, rather than early or middle of 2020, just to give it more time to straighten itself out!

My poor brain. I've had so many different tabs open since I last posted, as I had been considering getting a Disney/Universal combo ticket for California, but we weren't sure on whether we want to go there or not yet. I've looked at the individual ticket price however, and the LA card, and I think we'll be fine just going for one of those if we decide to do that.
Old 4 Jun 20, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I think I'm just going to book direct from Disney to save myself the worry, just incase. Good to know about the expiry date on them though, as I think if we have to reschedule this (again!), it will be until October next year, rather than early or middle of 2020, just to give it more time to straighten itself out!

My poor brain. I've had so many different tabs open since I last posted, as I had been considering getting a Disney/Universal combo ticket for California, but we weren't sure on whether we want to go there or not yet. I've looked at the individual ticket price however, and the LA card, and I think we'll be fine just going for one of those if we decide to do that.
You sound exactly the same as me! I’m so grateful for Bad Pink Tink’s advice on here!

So, if we get the Disneyland ones from their website they expire Jan 2022? Then if we have to change our holiday and end up not going to Cali until Feb 2022 we would be able to go to the kiosk and just pay the difference? Please correct me if I’m wrong with this Bad Pink Tink!
Old 4 Jun 20, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gigglywink View Post
You sound exactly the same as me! I’m so grateful for Bad Pink Tink’s advice on here!

So, if we get the Disneyland ones from their website they expire Jan 2022? Then if we have to change our holiday and end up not going to Cali until Feb 2022 we would be able to go to the kiosk and just pay the difference? Please correct me if I’m wrong with this Bad Pink Tink!
Correct

this is my confirmation email

Thank You. Your Order is Confirmed.
Your order was successfully processed.
Tickets Confirmation Number: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Order Date: May 31, 2020

3-Day Ticket with Admission to 1 Park Per Day and Magic Morning Early Access
1x Ages 10+ $310.00/ticket
Multi-Day Ticket Expiration
Tickets expire 13 days after first use or January 12, 2022, whichever occurs first.

Magic Morning
Magic Morning allows one early admission into select attractions, stores, entertainment and dining locations at Disneyland Park before the park opens to the general public. For admission, each member of your travel party (ages 3 and older) must have a valid 3-day or longer Disneyland Resort theme park ticket purchased online. Tickets purchased at the Ticket Booth do not include the Magic Morning entitlement. To enhance the Magic Morning experience, please arrive at least one hour and 15 minutes prior to regular park opening. Magic Morning early admission is based on availability and does not operate daily. Applicable days and times of operation and all other elements including, but not limited to, operation of attractions, entertainment, stores and restaurants, and appearances of Characters, may vary and are subject to change without notice. Subject to capacity, cancellation and other restrictions.

If things go bad and I don't get to Disneyland before January 12, 2022, I just go to the ticket booth at Disneyland and they will apply the $310 to a new 3 day 1 park ticket and I just have to pay any price difference.

Also I should also have told you about Magic Mornings. This is the early access for off site park guests at Disneyland main park. All 3 day or longer tickets bought in advance will get you into the park on one of the early access days. The early access days alternate between Disneyland Main Park and California Adventures. Onsite hotel guests get access to BOTH on every day of their trip. Offsite guests get access to 1 early access at Disneyland Main Park.

In 2019 I used the early access on a Wednesday, was in the park at 7am, got a coffee Starbucks on Main Street and was on Peter Pan at 7.30am!