Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 1 Jul 22, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitchesmumanddad
VIP Dibber

The $20 dollars a day challenge - on-site

I have a month at Disney / Universal and a cruise. Apart from the cruise and two table service restaurants booked, I am completely detoxing and eating super healthy / no alcohol to lose 20 pounds.

I plan to get away with $20 a day on food and drink
Refillable mug for coffee
Only cups of water with Childs meals - taking the bottle of water that comes with the meal for later in the day.

Looking for great childrens meals that are low calorie on site

Today I had pasta, chicken and green beans at All Stars $5.29
Grilled salmon, white rice and green beans at Harbour house $8.80

I move to BCV tomorrow

Help me make this challenge with best kept secret healthy kids meals you have found please ! ( I brought my scales with me lol )

Edited at 12:54 PM.
Stitchesmumanddad is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 22, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

What a great challenge! Hope you do well, x enjoy your trip. X
Old 1 Jul 22, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
GillyD
Very Serious Dibber

I've been recommended to eat at Epcot Moroccan Tangierine Cafe - they do lamb, chicken or beef kebabs with couscous and a tomato salad - just ask them to hold off the garlic alioli (bursting in calories). Sounds healthy and I understand its also very economical. If you get a chance to try it, could you post a review.
GillyD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 22, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Moody230
Excited about Disney

Sound line a great challenge.

My vote would be:

Santu’li canteen (AK)

Chopped Wood-Grilled Chicken Bowl
Wood-Grilled Chicken marinated with Garlic and Olive Oil topped with Crunchy Vegetable Slaw and served with your choice of Base and small Dasani® Bottled Water or Lowfat Milk.
$8.49

Also menus for the food and wine booths at Epcot have been released. Some great options there. Not kids meals but similar if not cheaper in price.

Edited at 09:35 PM.
Moody230 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 22, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile

What a great idea.
I can’t help but keen to read responses and see how you get on!
Old 1 Jul 22, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
petit-pois
VIP Dibber

Sunshine seasons in Epcot has salmon or chicken drumstick with rice and applesauce plus drink for around $8 you could possibly sub the applesauce for green beans as it’s available with the Mac n cheese. Btw what is it with the applesauce for kids thing!
petit-pois is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 22, 06:26 AM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Wow, interesting challenge. I know you've had a gastric band fitted which should make it easier as you'll be used to small portions. It will be fascinating to see what options are out there although I'm not sure that I'd be trying to loose 20lbs in Florida We eat healthily over there and even combined with all the walking I'd still expect to come back with some sort of gain but that's part of the holiday and I can crack on with my diet when I get back.

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 22, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Kellea
VIP Dibber

Fab idea, good luck. I know ill end updating 20lbs when we go. Can I just ask have the CM's been ok with you requesting a Childs meal? My DD20 is such a fussy eater and eats like a bird. She willingly eat kids meals but were worried she wont be able to order them x

1993, 2008, 2011 OKW villas 17 nights ( thanks to Irene , 2013 3 nights Renaissance Seaworld, 3 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW and DxDDP, 2014 5 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW. 2015 15 nights Sheraton Vistana Villages. 2016 3 nights Sheraton New York Times Square, 3 nights HRH club level, 16 night AKL SV, 2 nights BLT. 2017 5 nights OKW, 5 nights BWV, 7 nights BLT, 4 nights HRH club. 2019 3 nights Renaissance (SW), 4 nights HRH CL, 7 nights BLT LV, 7 nights AKL SV

KELLEA
Kellea is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 22, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

I think you can order a kids meal in any qs place. The staff won’t know or care. In ts I would think you could, I’d just say to the server that my daughter only eats small meals. The only place which I would think you can’t order a child’s meal is at a buffet. I quite often have a kids meal in the parks, I find it plenty to eat, especially in the heat.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 22, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitchesmumanddad
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Kellea View Post
Fab idea, good luck. I know ill end updating 20lbs when we go. Can I just ask have the CM's been ok with you requesting a Childs meal? My DD20 is such a fussy eater and eats like a bird. She willingly eat kids meals but were worried she wont be able to order them x
Tbh I’m only eating in QS for the $20 ish challenge. Ive got Crystal Palace booked for Independence day so I obviously pay adult price and 50’s Prime Time - and I get the friend chicken platter and take two out of three pieces with me for the rest of the day.

I know peeps on here have ordered childrens meals when it’s Al La carte but I haven’t - bit embarrassed to lol xx