Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 11 Apr 15, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
**Leigh_11_22**
Helping Minnie

Day 15 - The Cheesecake Factory

Here is a link for my pre-trip report and previous days:

Index - Pre-trip report and previous days

I was up at 8am today. Aaron had been up through the night complaining of earache and had ended up in our bed. Tom was up and ready and headed straight out to Florida mall to pick up some trainers for his brother.

Meanwhile we all had a pool morning and tried to distract Aaron from his earache.

We hadn't made any definite plans for today so we had a chat through the morning to come up with something. We decided to have a break from the parks today as we were feeling a bit worn out. Tom took much longer than we thought and when he eventually got back he said that he’d gotten there before the shops even opened and had to wait around. Then to make it better he couldn't find the car when he'd finished! Haha it's funny to us but he said he was so confused. He was looking in the wrong car park!

Once he was back we piled into the car and headed to the Mall at Millennia with one thing in mind, cheesecake!

We were soon parked up and waiting for a table. Once seated we ordered milk shakes and dr peppers. We were starving and Samantha and Aaron once again didn't listen to my advice about portion sizes and insisted on starters!

They were delicious and huge! We had nachos and spinach dip. The mains arrived and we were already full lol. I actually didn't like mine, I had pasta with chicken. The others all loved theirs and Sam in particular enjoyed her loaded baked potato soup mmmm.

Unfortunately we were now too stuffed for cheesecake! Gutted! We paid up and decided to call back in for takeaway cheesecake on the way back through.

We headed in to the shops and did some browsing. I was after a leather jacket but had no luck. Samantha got a lovely present for her friend at home from pottery barn kids, a little Eiffel Tower model. I could have spent a fortune in here but refrained.

One purchase we did make was a winter coat for Tom from Abercrombie and Fitch. It was about $70 and is so warm! He's not had it off through the winter and says the quality is really good.

We headed out now and aimed for the premium outlets on Idrive. We were still too full to face cheesecake and unfortunately gave it a miss. Once we got to the shops Tom went off to the Under Armour shop and we went to the Disney outlet. Aaron joined in with a little parade they did around the shop which was nice.

We got some bargains in here, cups and mugs and a teddy for Tom’s godson.

We called in at Gap too and picked up a new winter coat for Aaron, ready for school when we get back to sunny England. We got some sweets and drinks from a little shop then headed back to the car where we met Tom. It was so hot now and we had to give the car a minute to cool down. Once on the road we hit road works again and it took an hour to get back to the villa.

We nipped in to Racetrack on the way and picked up some coffees and slush for Aaron. This place is amazing and we took pictures and everything! It's fascinating how much they can have on offer at a petrol station! You could do your weekly shopping there lol.

Back at the villa and Aaron and Tom hit the pool to cool down. Samantha and I relaxed, caught up on notes and drank bud light Aaron have Tom swimming lessons which was highly entertaining for us!

We got showered later on and made a plan for the next day. Samantha was feeling a bit worn out so decided that she would stay in tomorrow and relax. The three of us decided on a proper day at Epcot. I sorted fast passes out and packed a bag ready. Aaron and Samantha were done for the day so stayed in tonight.

Tom and I got a little bit dressed up and decided to have a date night! There was only one place for it Longhorns!

We went to a different one from last week. We had a 40 minute wait for a table which was fine as I thought I'd try a cocktail or two tonight as I'd really refrained from drinking much this holiday Haha.

We passed the time at the bar and were soon given a table. We both went for rib-eye again but I got mash this time. It was delicious yet again and made us sad to think that we couldn't have this quality at home! All done and paid and back home watching rubbish American Tele in no time!

Edited at 10:06 AM.
**Leigh_11_22** is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 15, 12:14 AM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Great read

Mmmmmmm cheesecake!

MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 15, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Twinkletoes47
VIP Dibber

Hi

Loving your Trippy

Giving me lots of ideas

DD has a shellfish allergy and I was worried about Teppan Edo but hearing that they clearly take care I'm happier about making an ADR here

Looking forward to reading the rest

DRP 7 times to date!
Anaheim 1984, 1995, 2005
Miami and Kissimmee 1992, Highland Reserve 2011
Universal Cabana Bay, Disney Caribbean Beach, Miami, Key West 2015
New York New York Las Vegas 2016
NYC and Los Angeles 2017
Chicago to Vegas Route 66 Road Trip 2019
Twinkletoes47 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 15, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Great day

Joan
Old 14 Apr 15, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBelle1105
Excited about Disney

We LOVE Racetrac too!
2002- Tampa Villa/Kissammee Villa ~ 2010- Doubletree Orlando International Drive ~2011- Disney's All Star Music Resort~2011- DLP Hotel Cheyenne~2013- Davenport Orlando Villa~2014- Davenport Orlando Villa 2015 - Kissimmee Villa/Longboat Key 2016 - Disney's Port Orleans Riverside 2017 -Disneyland Hotel California 2017 -Disney's Beach and Yacht Club/Hard Rock Hotel Universal/Fort Myers Villa 2019 - Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
DisneyBelle1105 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 15, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

Shame you didn't manage cheesecake, but the portions there are ridiculous aren't they? Good though

Lol I love American petrol stations too! So cool!

Nice for you to have a date night

Xx
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List