Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 12 Apr 15, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
**Leigh_11_22**
Helping Minnie

Day 18 - Hollywood Studios and Manny's Chop House

Here is a link for my pre-trip report and previous days:

Index - Pre-trip report and previous days

Alarm went off at seven today and we were up and out in no time. There was no traffic this morning and before we knew it we were parked up in stage and heading to the queue.

As soon as the park opened we joined the masses for operation TSM! Well with a few nudges from Tom to hurry up we made it and were in the queue with only a 15 minute wait, result! I was so happy as I really enjoyed it the first time and it did not disappoint.

After all that excitement we dawdled through Toy Story land and had coffees and donuts. Aaron bumped into these chaps again too

We checked the wait times on my app and it said Rock n Roller coaster was at 5 minutes, so with drinks in hand we walked round to that side of the park. By time we got there though the wait time had gone up to 30 minutes but we queued anyway. The reality was 15 minutes so we were happy win that. Loved this again, and we screamed the whole way around! Love the photo we got here too.

Next up was our first FP of the day, Star Tours. We went on a different journey again and it was the best one so far. I'm sure Aaron parted with some more of his money in the shop here too.

We wandered over to Honey I Shrunk the Kids next where Aaron and Tom had a play for a while, and I browsed in the shops. We saw the meet and greet for Sully and mike but Aaron couldn't be bothered waiting so we left it.

We were thirsty now so stopped for slush and coffee. We sat on a bench and people watched for a while. We were having a wonderful day and had done so much already!

Walt Disney's One Man’s Dream was next on the agenda. I thought Aaron would be bored here but I was wrong! He used his autograph book to make notes and pretended that he was at a museum, which it sort of was to be fair. We loved it in here, I love seeing some if the back story and how things came about. The movie at the end was quite emotional too.

It was now time for our second FP of the day, and it was TOT. This is still Aaron's favourite ride despite somehow cutting his finger while he was on it?!

We had a little time before our next FP which was for the Beauty and the Beast show, so we looked in some shops and bought popcorn and cold drinks. We had great seats but were a little early, so sat and people watched. The show was ace! I love Beauty and the Beast and they really did a good job of it.

We were starving by time we were finished in the theatre so headed out and got burgers and chicken. It was standard park food really but we all enjoyed it! My burger in particular was very good! I love the little tubs of ranch dressing that they have everywhere, mmmm.

There was only one thing that Tom wanted to do today's that was a drawing class. Off we trotted to find it, there was about a 20 minute wait but we made the most of the air con and rested our legs. We had a great time in here drawing goofy and I thoroughly recommend it to everyone. It's a shame my drawing is rubbish but Tom really took to it!

We decided to call it a day now and we had had such a good time. We headed back to the car and had bottles of water and snacks. We headed back to the villa to freshen up and collect Samantha.

She hadn't had as much of a good day as she had previously by herself as the weather hadn't been great and there was no food in, oops!

After we were changed and ready to go we went down to JC Penny and Tom got himself some Levi's. They were a really good price apparently so he got two pairs. I got a Lego avengers hoody for Aaron too.

We were off to Mannys for tea which was just down the road. We were seated right away and had drinks and salad in no time, god I love that salad! Our food arrived and it all looked lovely, Samantha had chicken and mash, Tom had steak and I had pork steaks. However, once I started eating mine I realised that my pork was really undercooked and sent it back . The waiter was nice and brought the manager over who said it was definitely cooked (it wasn't) and would I like it re-heating? Erm no! I told him that you shouldn't re-heat pork and declined. He didn't offer me anything else and didn't take it off the bill! I was gutted because we loved it here but the customer service at this point left something to be desired, we paid and left. I know I could have kicked off but we were on holiday and I just didn't want the fuss.

We called in at Walgreens on the way home for some man-flu tablets for Tom. He felt really rough now and was considering just dropping us off tomorrow and staying in! What?!

Back to the villa and we played a VERY shortened version of monopoly after promising Aaron that we'd play. We then settled down and watched The Mummy, we enjoyed it but it was a little scary for Aaron and he gave up with half an hour to go and played pool with his dad instead.

We had a really good day today and the weather for tomorrow was meant to be cooler like today. We therefore made our FP for tomorrow evening earlier and planned to be in MK for the afternoon. No alarms tonight.

Edited at 07:32 PM.
**Leigh_11_22** is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 15, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Great day at Hollwood Studios

Joan
Old 12 Apr 15, 11:58 PM  
Link to this Post
l33na
VIP Dibber

Great day and shame about the service from Mannys
l33na is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 15, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Hehehe I just love Aaron’s face on RnR

Sounds like a fab da at DHS! The drawing classes are great aren’t they? I can’t wait to go back!

Uh oh, poor Sam all stranded and starving haha!

Oh no that’s a shame about your experience at Manny’s
xx
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List