Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 26 May 22, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Slore
Very Serious Dibber

POP Century - Room Request

When we booked, our agent put a request in for us in the 60’s. However, I’ve just looked on MDE and started the online check in (I was only seeing if it let me due to being UK) and I ended up confirming.

I know requests aren’t guaranteed but I’ve found the option on the app which asks for requests. It’s only giving 50’s/70’s as an option. What would people go for?

I know the 50’s has a pool but the 70’s don’t. Which one is better for transport as they look equal distance for skyliner and buses? For the skyliner, if it’s a longer queue am I correct that they start heading up to the 50’s way?
Slore is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 22, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandobelle
VIP Dibber

Orlandobelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Yes, the skyliner queue bends round towards the 50s however I only saw this once.

There is a nice short cut through the 90s parking lot to get to the buses from the 70s building.

I took 70s as there was a room ready early having stayed in 50s last time.

Edited at 01:39 PM.
Orlandobelle is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 22, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile

Interested in the responses to this as we are booked for next year
Old 26 May 22, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Slore
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Orlandobelle View Post
Yes, the skyliner queue bends round towards the 50s however I only saw this once.

There is a nice short cut through the 90s parking lot to get to the buses from the 70s building.

I took 70s as there was a room ready early having stayed in 50s last time.
Which did you prefer out of the two? We won’t be arriving until the evening so the rooms be ready.
Old 27 May 22, 07:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Mortimer Mouse
Imagineer

Mortimer Mouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We stayed there in January. Yes, the skyliner q bends round towards the 50's section.

Loved being in the 50's. The bowling pin pool is much bigger than I expected, really long. I made a room request in the app, via live chat, around 10 days before the trip.
Don't make it too complicated, so decide only 1 or 2 points that are important to you.
eg. Close to the skyliner

Have a great trip.
Mortimer Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 22, 07:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlandobelle
VIP Dibber

Orlandobelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Originally Posted by Slore View Post
Which did you prefer out of the two? We won’t be arriving until the evening so the rooms be ready.
Depends what's more important to you .
The pool?
Close to buses?

I was in a building not the closest to the skyliner (10) but that could gave happened in 50s too.
Orlandobelle is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 22, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Slore
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Orlandobelle View Post
Depends what's more important to you .
The pool?
Close to buses?

I was in a building not the closest to the skyliner (10) but that could gave happened in 50s too.
Closer to buses and skyliner is more important to us.
Old 28 May 22, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
stu1901
slightly serious Dibber

We just got back from pop and requested 50s, ground floor, with a bath and we got 80s top floor with a shower! I requested on the app and via calling them.

We got our room assignment once we got off the plane so went to check in. They moved us to ground floor 70s in an amazing location but it had a shower and we have 2 young kids inc a baby so We really needed a bath, but they didn’t have anything for that night.
We went to the new room abs they moved us to exactly what we wanted the next day and even moved all our bags over.

We love 50s area; but I think this is because we always are in this area so it’s What we are used to.
There are no bad areas. The 70s section doesn’t have a pool but is so close to the main pool.
I had heard that the skyliner Que snakes past the 50s but even doing rope drop we never saw a Que!
People don’t like the 80s and 90s because it’s further away from the food court, but it’s super close if you cut through the car park and shop.
Old 29 May 22, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Slore
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by stu1901 View Post
We just got back from pop and requested 50s, ground floor, with a bath and we got 80s top floor with a shower! I requested on the app and via calling them.

We got our room assignment once we got off the plane so went to check in. They moved us to ground floor 70s in an amazing location but it had a shower and we have 2 young kids inc a baby so We really needed a bath, but they didn’t have anything for that night.
We went to the new room abs they moved us to exactly what we wanted the next day and even moved all our bags over.

We love 50s area; but I think this is because we always are in this area so it’s What we are used to.
There are no bad areas. The 70s section doesn’t have a pool but is so close to the main pool.
I had heard that the skyliner Que snakes past the 50s but even doing rope drop we never saw a Que!
People don’t like the 80s and 90s because it’s further away from the food court, but it’s super close if you cut through the car park and shop.
Thank you for this. Really useful. I’ve put in the request for 50s ground floor. We don’t land until after 5pm so I guess we will just make do with what I’m given. I’ll check once I land and can see the check in when there to see other availability.
Old 29 May 22, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
stu1901
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Slore View Post
Thank you for this. Really useful. I’ve put in the request for 50s ground floor. We don’t land until after 5pm so I guess we will just make do with what I’m given. I’ll check once I land and can see the check in when there to see other availability.

If you don't like the room location, then go to front desk before entering the room to see if there is anything they can do. They appreciated that we hadn't entered the room so they could just put it back in their system as an open room.