Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 31 May 22, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Stansted fast track security

Is it worth doing this for a 6am flight to Greece please?
Old 1 Jun 22, 07:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Mortimer Mouse
Imagineer

Mortimer Mouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
I've never used it during pre covid times, but not heard if its needed now or not.

We had a 6am flight once and while the roads were nice and quiet to get there, the airport was surprisingly busy inside. However, it only took about 30-45 mins to get through security.

i live in Essex and haven't heard that it has any of the horrendous queues that other regional airports are experiencing at the moment.
Mortimer Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 22, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

My dh had a 7am flight to Belfast from stanstead last week and said it was really busy in the airport. Same at Luton too
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 22, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Myakka17
VIP Dibber

Nope. I was there yesterday for the same and paid fir fast track but as everyone has the same idea their were less in the normal queue than in fast track.
We went in normal queue.
Old 1 Jun 22, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Myakka17
VIP Dibber

It was manic….. I’m going to avoid early morning flights where I can.
Old 1 Jun 22, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Thanks for the replies.
Old 10 Jun 22, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridafan
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 53
Originally Posted by soooexcited! View Post
Thanks for the replies.
I’m a bit late because I’ve just returned to Stansted and I would say definitely yes to fast track. My daughter left on a 6am flight with Ryanair and she had to run to the gate with a toddler in tow. We followed around three hours later because we were going jet2 to Tenerife and the queue for security was manic. I had paid for fast track and it was worth every penny. My daughter didn’t buy it but said she would in future. Hth.
Floridafan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 22, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Originally Posted by Floridafan View Post
I’m a bit late because I’ve just returned to Stansted and I would say definitely yes to fast track. My daughter left on a 6am flight with Ryanair and she had to run to the gate with a toddler in tow. We followed around three hours later because we were going jet2 to Tenerife and the queue for security was manic. I had paid for fast track and it was worth every penny. My daughter didn’t buy it but said she would in future. Hth.
Thankyou. I decided to pay it. Fingers crossed we get through OK. X
Old 12 Jun 22, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Going out last week bought it ,I would say it was negligible whether we needed it ( 9am flight)
Coming home yesterday took an hour to get through the passport machines, not a single person had it so the machines there were empty, they should have sent people through to ease the pressure
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 22, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Just a quick update. We are in Crete now. The queue for security was pretty much its normal size.We did fast track and went straight through. We had to queue to drop our bags too but got through that in 15-20mins for a 6am flight.