Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 29 May 22, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

A relaxed military style trip. May 2022. Day 4. Boardwalk, Disney Springs and Enchantment at Poly

Saturday 14th May.

Index

Our Disney day. Originally planned for 15th, my mums first heavenly birthday but moved forward because of MK being closed to guests. Was lucky this happened though we had a massive storm the following night.
Anyway, we didn’t want to leave until the afternoon so took a trolley to Taco Bell.

Total $13.50.
A manager must have been working as it as more organised and we had our extras ticked on the wrapper (only time this happened)
We swapped our leaflet Mark and his wife gave us for a voucher, had to go into the food court to do this but with no problem. A quick look and purchase in under amour again the back on the trolley to drop off and back out again.
We took the trolley to seaworld, today was a good day as one came along quickly.
We got off at the stop just before it enters seaworld, crossed the road for a lynx bus, also came within minutes.
We took the number 350, I think the number has changed since last time but it says Disney on the front, it drops off at Springs and the TTC. Still $2 each which you feed into the machine, correct change only.
It stops at the cirque end, today was busy and we had to use the main entrance rather than the path and go through scanners.
First place we wanted to see was boardwalk so we headed straight to the transport.

Had to wait about 5/10 minutes.
Today was so hot, nice to have AC on the bus. It didn’t stop at swan and dolphin like last time.

As we walked in, goofy, Donald and Pluto were in the green.
I got a little excited about seeing a character.

I’m so awkward 🤣

It wasn’t a civilised queue and people were shoving their kids in front so I didn’t get to meet the others, instead we headed to get an ice cream.
It’s so pretty here.

The ice cream was welcome

We both had 3 scoops with almonds and whipped cream plus a choice of toppings, Matt had sprinkles and I had a toffee sauce.
$7.99 each, 2 scoops would have been enough tbh.
We decided to walk around to the yacht club which looked fantastic to take the bus back to springs.
I wanted to pop in Pandora for a charm for dd. I did get one, it wasn’t really any cheaper than the UK but I can tell dd it’s from Disney and at least it’s done now.
Had a mooch around.

I was uncomfortably hot.
We found a little bar and had a drink, this was actually a happy hour deal but I don’t have the price written down.

I had read on a trip report about a monorail pub crawl and I thought it sounded like a great idea before watching the fireworks at the Polynesian resort.
We took the transport to contemporary resort to start there. It’s a fair journey.
Had a little look around.

I want to say we went to the outer rim bar. I thought this was reasonable actually but I was still so hot I just chose a Diet Coke.

$12.56
The bartender was really rude, ignored me for a few minutes before serving me then asked if I wanted my change back. Yes please, I’ll decide how much I tip.
Anyway, it was a lovely bar and I hope to return for a cocktail.
We then got on the monorail to Polynesian as that was the first stop. Really enjoyed this.

We made the very long walk to the beach and round the corner to the bar.

I had a kiddie colada and Matt a beer. $16.87
All the nice seats were taken until someone left a few minutes after we brought our drinks, we grabbed them and moved over a little and decided to stay put instead of completing the pub crawl.

It was so beautiful, relaxing and finally a temperature I could deal with.

The electrical light parade came by.

Then the fireworks. More people had joined now, I would recommend taking a towel if you wanted to come later.

Matt had downloaded the Uber app with my account details just in case. We could have ordered one from here but wanted earl of sandwich.
We took the bus, which was busy back to Disney Springs.
Earl of sandwich was a surprise hit last time.
I had the holiday sandwich, Matt got the days special and a holiday sandwich to take away.
We both added wedges and a drink to make it a meal.

$30.77
We ordered an Uber, the first price was $40 so waited and got one for about $25.
The lynx buses run until about midnight but couldn’t be bothered with faffing about changing buses into I drive.
The system here is spot on, a sign directs you to a pick up point and we followed the car (state of the art technology &#129315
It took about 10 minutes.
Driver didn’t really talk but got us back to the hotel.
It had been a brilliant day and one I would repeat.
Matt want really fussed about this but he said he would stay there for a couple of nights now.
Thank you to the kind dibbers for the advice about the viewing area.

Edited at 12:50 AM.
roxie2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 22, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

What a lovely day, great photos
your ice creams looked yummy 😋😋
And some fireworks to end the day what a great idea to sit on the beach & watch 😊

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 22, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
A fun day of resort hopping, but it does look like it's very, very hot! No wonder you didn't fancy a cocktail. Your seats on the beach at the Poly were perfect for the electrical water pageant around the lagoon and the fireworks.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 22, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
What a lovely day, great photos
your ice creams looked yummy 😋😋
And some fireworks to end the day what a great idea to sit on the beach & watch 😊
The ice creams were amazing.
The beach is perfect especially if you don’t have park tickets.
roxie2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 22, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
A fun day of resort hopping, but it does look like it's very, very hot! No wonder you didn't fancy a cocktail. Your seats on the beach at the Poly were perfect for the electrical water pageant around the lagoon and the fireworks.
I wasn’t expecting to be so hot and humid in May, couldn’t escape it today but was perfect for the evening.
I loved just sitting there in those chairs in the evening.
They have a great set up with the music piped in as well.
Old 31 May 22, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
TigerLily8
VIP Dibber

A lovely day! I’ve never heard of the monorail bar crawl - something I will definitely be slipping into the itinerary next time! Thanks for the tip 😊
TigerLily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 22, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
CrispyA
Imagineer

Sitting on the sand watching the sun set and the parade and fireworks looks lovely - sounds like you had a really lovely day
CrispyA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 22, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TigerLily8 View Post
A lovely day! I’ve never heard of the monorail bar crawl - something I will definitely be slipping into the itinerary next time! Thanks for the tip 😊
I read it and thought it would be perfect for us. (I think it was a member called stace&tink or something similar)
Just didn’t take into consideration the time getting from Disney springs and then around the hotels.
Next time we can plan better.
Old 2 Jun 22, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Originally Posted by CrispyA View Post
Sitting on the sand watching the sun set and the parade and fireworks looks lovely - sounds like you had a really lovely day
It really was, plus earl of sandwich to finish the night.
Old 3 Jun 22, 05:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

What a lovely day- and especially considering the circumstances of why you were doing it.

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List