Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 9 Jun 22, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
inky1
Imagineer

We go in July ,I know it will rain ,I know it will be busy .
We haven’t been on holiday since 2018
I dont expect perfection in anything anymore I will just be very very grateful to have time in an amazing place with my family .You will have great time I’m sure especially with a little one.
inky1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 22, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Mortimer Mouse
Imagineer

Mortimer Mouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
I'm not great in the heat, but I was pleasantly surprised how well I coped with a July/August holiday. I think it helps to be psychologically prepared for it.
Just know that when you go outside, it feels like walking into an oven and you'll often feel the sweat running down your back.

We would rarely be in a park around midday or early afternoons, prefering to relax by the pool then instead.
Our favourite time was the summer evenings, once the glare of the sun is gone, walking round a theme park is much more managable.
You still have a wonderful time and you'll find all the water parks and swimming pools refreshing rather than too cold!
Mortimer Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 22, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Concerned
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by UnderTheSea View Post
During a real low point in the pandemic my husband put a deposit down for us to go to WDW in July 2022 (over his bday) to give us something to look forward to - I didn’t pay much attention to the dates, just let him get on with it, but now it’s getting closer I’m worried about the crowds and weather.

Usually I would have avoided Disney in July like the plague but DH got v upset a few months ago when I gently suggested we move the dates so I have dropped that idea and accepted we are going next month (deposit is paid now too).

Last time we went to WDW was Nov 2015 and I thought the crowds were bad then. But reading all the posts on here about how crowded it’s been this year is making me quite worried. Also the weather at the moment looks pretty bad with rain and thunderstorms every day. Is it similar in July?

Does anyone have any words of comfort or wisdom (bearing in mind we can’t change the trip dates)? Either about how to handle the crowds or the thunderstorms. It’ll also be our first time going with a small child.

Thanks in advance

Ps cant sleep due to work worries hence this middle of the night post
Sad to see that work issues are keeping you awake!

I was at Orlando in Nov 2015 and it didn't seem particularly bad then; I guess you must be one of those people who just doesn't like crowds at all. If you are then you will not be happy at any time of year because Disney/Universal are busy all year round. July will be very bad because kids in the USA are already on holiday and the parks will be flooded with them! It will also be extremely hot, with daytime temperatures around 35-37 celsius.
Concerned is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 22, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Concerned
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by UnderTheSea View Post
Thanks for all the responses, this has definitely reassured me a bit. As is the case for everyone, it’s just such a lot of money you want it to be perfect and I’m trying to prepare myself for the fact it will be very different.
Hmmm. You need to be realistic as to what to expect. Bring plenty of sun cream and head protection as the sun will be fierce. As some have mentioned, it will also rain from time to time, and the rain will come down in violent cloudbursts, so you'll need to being an anorak/cagoule of some kind.
As for money, yes, it will be VERY expensive. The pound has never been weaker against the dollar, so make sure you budget carefully.
Concerned is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 22, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We’re going in July too.
Our plan is to do the parks early and take our usual break in the middle of the day and head back to the parks in the evenings.
Molly from Allears did a recent vlog about visiting Disney in July. Lots of helpful advice in it.
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 22, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
deanobrown
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Mortimer Mouse View Post
I'm not great in the heat, but I was pleasantly surprised how well I coped with a July/August holiday. I think it helps to be psychologically prepared for it.
Just know that when you go outside, it feels like walking into an oven and you'll often feel the sweat running down your back.

We would rarely be in a park around midday or early afternoons, prefering to relax by the pool then instead.
Our favourite time was the summer evenings, once the glare of the sun is gone, walking round a theme park is much more managable.
You still have a wonderful time and you'll find all the water parks and swimming pools refreshing rather than too cold!
I was always SUPER self-conscious about sweating... The first time I went to Florida in the summer & saw actual Floridians walking around with hand towels around their necks, I never worried about it ever again! 🤣
deanobrown is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 22, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
UnderTheSea
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Concerned View Post
Sad to see that work issues are keeping you awake!

I was at Orlando in Nov 2015 and it didn't seem particularly bad then; I guess you must be one of those people who just doesn't like crowds at all. If you are then you will not be happy at any time of year because Disney/Universal are busy all year round. July will be very bad because kids in the USA are already on holiday and the parks will be flooded with them! It will also be extremely hot, with daytime temperatures around 35-37 celsius.
In fairness it was only the last couple of days - which were the days before Thanksgiving - that got *really* bad.
UnderTheSea is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 22, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
UnderTheSea
Proud to wear my Ears

Also I’m T1 diabetic which is why I particularly worry about the heat but I plan to apply for a DAS because of it.
UnderTheSea is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 22, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
UnderTheSea
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Joshie1 View Post
We’re going in July too.
Our plan is to do the parks early and take our usual break in the middle of the day and head back to the parks in the evenings.
Molly from Allears did a recent vlog about visiting Disney in July. Lots of helpful advice in it.
That’s probably our plan too - we did it in DLP last October and it worked really well for us, just depends how our 5 year old comes as at home he has a very strict and early bedtime!