Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 11 Jun 22, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nanna Frozen View Post
He’s gonna have a great tan for starting Uni!
He's at Uni in Bournemouth so is always on the beach anyway! I'm not envious, not at all...

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 22, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Tracyjj0
Imagineer

Glad your son's enjoying his placement, so lovely that these things have opened up again. My son flies out next Saturday for the Disney summer program, working on attractions at Hollywood Studios. He was supposed to go in 2020... but we all know what happened then!
Old 11 Jun 22, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

You must be so proud! Are you going out to visit him?
I think my DD would love to do something like this next Summer. When you apply to Yummy Jobs do you choose Universal or Disney straight away or interview for both and they choose? Do you get to say what job you would like as she is a lifeguard already so would be perfect for her!

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 22, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

That is so fabulous! So glad these things are starting up again. What a wonderful opportunity for your son and the other lucky candidates
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 22, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tracyjj0 View Post
Glad your son's enjoying his placement, so lovely that these things have opened up again. My son flies out next Saturday for the Disney summer program, working on attractions at Hollywood Studios. He was supposed to go in 2020... but we all know what happened then!
Brilliant that he's finally able to go, they'll have an amazing summer all of them, there are a couple of other Dibbers with kids on the WDW CEP flying out soon

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
You must be so proud! Are you going out to visit him?
I think my DD would love to do something like this next Summer. When you apply to Yummy Jobs do you choose Universal or Disney straight away or interview for both and they choose? Do you get to say what job you would like as she is a lifeguard already so would be perfect for her!
I am going out in 4 week with my DD (DH has no annual leave left!) for a Universal trip, very excited.

You do either apply for the Loews or WDW program via Yummy, or I assume you could apply for both but they are separate. He was asked at interview if there was a role he'd prefer, they train them (via Ellis) regardless of whether they're already lifeguards so no pre requisite to already be qualified. He is a qualified PADI OW & SSI AOW diver so was suited to the role

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 22, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

So wonderful to hear your DS is having the best time! A couple of days off after orientation as well, what a result!
We collected Jonathan from Uni yesterday and somehow squeezed everything back into the car, then drove an hour to my in-laws so that he could visit before he flys out next week….I can’t believe that this time next week he’ll be on his way to start at WDW! I very much wish I was a student again at the moment- 10 glorious weeks working & playing! All the very best to your DS, hope he continues to enjoy every moment!
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 22, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Wismgari
Imagineer

How exciting! I wish I had known about this or the Disney college programme when I was that age! I'm off to Aventura in 2.5 weeks but also plan to pool hop one day so maybe I'll see him!
Wismgari is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 22, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
tigger48
VIP Dibber

What a brilliant opportunity for your DS. Sounds like he is perfectly suited to it, and what memories he will make. Please share updates 🤞.
My DS would love to do something like this when he’s old enough too.
tigger48 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 22, 06:28 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Wismgari View Post
How exciting! I wish I had known about this or the Disney college programme when I was that age! I'm off to Aventura in 2.5 weeks but also plan to pool hop one day so maybe I'll see him!
He's been given Aventura & Cabana Bay so you'll definitely see him, poor kid as me and his sister are staying at Aventura, we'll have to spend the days he's working there at Volcano Bay so as not to distract him!

Originally Posted by Michyloulou View Post
So wonderful to hear your DS is having the best time! A couple of days off after orientation as well, what a result!
We collected Jonathan from Uni yesterday and somehow squeezed everything back into the car, then drove an hour to my in-laws so that he could visit before he flys out next week….I can’t believe that this time next week he’ll be on his way to start at WDW! I very much wish I was a student again at the moment- 10 glorious weeks working & playing! All the very best to your DS, hope he continues to enjoy every moment!
Ah he's just going to have the best time, is he excited?

I was delighted to hear that they get FLA resident status while they're there, kept telling him how lucky he is and how the world want to be able to buy APs!

Does Jonathan know where he'll be working yet? I've seen a lot of the WDW CEP kids doing location reveals on IG the last couple of days.

Edited at 06:48 AM.
Old 13 Jun 22, 07:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
He's at Uni in Bournemouth so is always on the beach anyway! I'm not envious, not at all...
I hope your son has the best time! Both my brother and my son went to Bournemouth uni - so jealous! My brother moved down there and never came back.
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List