Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 2 Jul 22, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Our flights were cancelled when we were out at Christmas by Virgin I just got straight on the internet and booked us some more sorted the rest out at home as I was worried everyone else would be doing the same and I wanted the guarantee we would get back
Old 2 Jul 22, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
sunshines
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
I have always fancied staying a night in the Hyatt at MCO, so I would drop that in the equation.
We stayed here the night before our flight out in April and it made the next morning so much more relaxed. I would do it again.
Old 3 Jul 22, 06:22 AM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

We had our flight home from Spain cancelled whilst we were at the end of the runway getting ready for take off! There was a problem with the 'phone' communication between the cabin and the pilot. Easy jet put us up in the poshest hotel we've ever stayed in! 4* and we had a whole family suite.

One of the things I was forever grateful for was that I had packed a phone/ tablet charger and adapter in our hand luggage. We actually had to wait for 3 hours back in the terminal before we were transferred to the hotel, so was extremely grateful that the children could still use their devices 🙈

Edited at 07:07 AM.
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 22, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I would always have the contact numbers of the airline available for the country I was in (if possible) and also any numbers in the UK.

BA US number is 1 800 AIRWAYS
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 22, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

While I understand this is more likely this year there will always be a possibility of delays and problems. I am happy to travel with the mindset that this may happen and I have the funds available to book a hotel at my expense and rearrange my travel. I will sort it out when I get home with the airline or insurance.

So, have funds available, keep important things in your hand luggage and travel with an open mind and a sort it yourself mindset.
munmun is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 22, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Mortimer Mouse
Imagineer

Mortimer Mouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by stanleycamel View Post
I would always have the contact numbers of the airline available for the country I was in (if possible) and also any numbers in the UK.

BA US number is 1 800 AIRWAYS
That's really useful. Thank you.
Mortimer Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 22, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Mortimer Mouse
Imagineer

Mortimer Mouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by ERICSMUM View Post
Sorry, a long winded reply as usual - Brevity is not my strength 😂

It’s a good point, you’re right in wanting to be prepared. I like a list to tick off !

A couple of things :

1) Keep contact numbers & e mail addresses in your phone and written down for everyone to call if you’re delayed :

-Airport car park + booking reference
-Transport from airport to home, if you’ve booked a taxi or arranged for family to pick you up
-Kennels/cattery etc (if you have a pet !)
-Work
-School
-neighbour (if they’ve been keeping an eye on your house)
-any appointments that you would miss (medical etc)

2) If the airline isn’t rushing to book you on the next available flight, do some research and make a list of suitable alternatives, including to different UK airports if convenient. Ask the airline to put you on one of those. You might be lucky !

Also money - make sure you have enough limit on your credit card to pay for the unplanned hotel, meals etc until the airline refunds your expenses.

Good luck, be prepared and you’ll worry less 🤞
I do like a list
Mortimer Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List