Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 3 Jul 22, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Speedy BA chat today

Two episodes with BA online chat today about different things. 10am this morning through in 10 mins and Avios flight cancelled efficiently.

2pm, tried to add API to a booking but new details refused as said sex and title didn't match (they did)
Zaid on chat filled the information for me and all done very quickly.

A good efficient service today.
munmun is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 22, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotty
Imagineer

Interesting, we are still trying to get someone to talk to us about our cancelled flights in February.
Old 3 Jul 22, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I had the same issues with the API last night! Would only accept DH's if I put him down as female, even though it said Mr. Ended up going on the app, updating it to Male on there and then it saved it. Silly glitches!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 22, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
2020holibubbles
Excited about Disney

Same issue with API for my 8 year old … hoping online chat will get sorted but it’s a holiday booking so maybe they won’t be able to help 😬
2020holibubbles is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 22, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Mine was a holiday booking and general chat sorted it
munmun is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 22, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
2020holibubbles
Excited about Disney

That’s reassuring thank you - last time I got on to BA chat they wouldn’t touch my booking unless it was a member of the holidays team.
2020holibubbles is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 22, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotty
Imagineer

I got through to a real person today (2 actually - 1 flight only and 1 holidays) and they said that as it was in the past they could not help.
Not happy.
Old 4 Jul 22, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 2020holibubbles View Post
That’s reassuring thank you - last time I got on to BA chat they wouldn’t touch my booking unless it was a member of the holidays team.
It depends what the issue is. The OP just needed API info added. Since that’s not a change to the ticket / booking and doesn’t involve any non-flight items, the BA contact centre agents can deal with it, even though it’s a BAH booking.

If the issue involved any change to the booking (eg rebooking due to schedule change or cancellation), it would have to go to BAH people.

On a related note, if the issue with API incorrectly blocking title / gender combinations is still happening, would suggest a couple of ideas that may avoid having to contact BA:

1. Access MMB from the BA app and do the API there. This has worked for me and others.

2. Log out of your BA account and access the booking using name and booking reference, then submit the API. I’ve read this worked for some people, didn’t try it myself.
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 22, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Peko View Post
It depends what the issue is. The OP just needed API info added. Since that’s not a change to the ticket / booking and doesn’t involve any non-flight items, the BA contact centre agents can deal with it, even though it’s a BAH booking.

If the issue involved any change to the booking (eg rebooking due to schedule change or cancellation), it would have to go to BAH people.

On a related note, if the issue with API incorrectly blocking title / gender combinations is still happening, would suggest a couple of ideas that may avoid having to contact BA:

1. Access MMB from the BA app and do the API there. This has worked for me and others.

2. Log out of your BA account and access the booking using name and booking reference, then submit the API. I’ve read this worked for some people, didn’t try it myself.
I tried both of these and they didn't work, agent managed to put details in but when I rechecked he had put our phones as based in Kudishstan, not sure the US would be keen on that
Old 4 Jul 22, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
2020holibubbles
Excited about Disney

Yep it was the gender/title issue. My agent was halfway to helping me when I thought I’d try the app and it worked. it was handy to get through to BA though with little wait.