Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 5 Jul 22, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Concerned
slightly serious Dibber

GC is very good for lunch. Simple food, but well cooked and bourbon chicken is to die for. The clientele are not aristocrats, for sure, but no worse than many other cheapish eateries.
Concerned is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mouse 83
Trading Disney Pins

Originally Posted by Concerned View Post
Why would you want to go there for breakfast? I would go instead to Dennys or Bob Evans. Otherwise, go for breakfast at your hotel, if you are staying in one.
Gold Corral is better for lunch and supper, I would say.
We've been in the past and enjoyed it 😊 We tend to eat a big breakfast and then not much else until after we are back from the parks. Our hotels restaurant was shut in December due to staffing issues.

We do go to various places for breakfast though, not just GC! We've never tried it for an evening meal, we'll have to give it a whirl. We'll check out Bob Evans too, thanks for the recommendation!
Minnie Mouse 83 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
natanddaz
Imagineer

Never eaten off site before but GC is top of my must do list for August! I don't care about the clientele of plastic plates etc with fussy kids and a tight budget it sounds perfect!
natanddaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by natanddaz View Post
Never eaten off site before but GC is top of my must do list for August! I don't care about the clientele of plastic plates etc with fussy kids and a tight budget it sounds perfect!
I wouldn't want to upset anyone but I believe that some Disney restaurants have plastic plates as well.

We'd still go regularly for breakfast at GC if the one opposite Sherberth was still open.

Mick
Old 5 Jul 22, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Minnie Mouse 83 View Post
We've been in the past and enjoyed it 😊 We tend to eat a big breakfast and then not much else until after we are back from the parks. Our hotels restaurant was shut in December due to staffing issues.

We do go to various places for breakfast though, not just GC! We've never tried it for an evening meal, we'll have to give it a whirl. We'll check out Bob Evans too, thanks for the recommendation!
At 76 we're very much have a hearty breakfast and we're fine with just a snack on the villa pool deck for lunch then a decent dinner. Bob Evans is also a regular breakfast stop as well as turkey dinner at Thanksgiving.

Mick
Old 5 Jul 22, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Butts1
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by MarkUK View Post
Are the coupons in those little books still?
Not many places have them now, but ironically GC was one.
Butts1 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List