Notices
Photo, Video & Vlogs Photography, Video and Vlog discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 17 Jul 22, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
#121
Stepaway
Excited about Disney
 
Stepaway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 18
Originally Posted by SamH88 View Post
Molly has now left her full time job with AllEars! But said she is working on some personal stuff so hopefully she will keep doing videos for her own channel.
Totally devastated my BBF2b has left. I hope she starts up something solo soon!
Stepaway is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 22, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
#122
Rocking Ewok
Excited about Disney
 
Rocking Ewok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 22
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
A big part of the park popularity and Ďcultí status, FOMO and hype is the social media and Vloggers.

People sit at home seeing someone chasing down a Figment made in China plastic bucket, poor quality and overpriced merchandise, so so vastly overpriced food, or the latest ride, and in their tens of thousands think ĎIíve got to have some of thatí. Me included (well on the rides and hotels).
It is quite funny seeing trends among U.K. vloggers develop, such as the rush to Target, sugar cookies, Blaze Pizza, CHeesecake Factory and various Disney snacks.
Nothing wrong with these things but often seem to just be ticking a list.

We only tried Blaze due to vloggers trying filming it so often and actually it was quite good which surprised me as pizza is hard to get wrong but difficult to be memorable.

In April/May saw quite a few vloggers but didnít recognise any. Some had some serious gear which takes commitment to carry around in the Florida heat. Others were quite low key.

Only one filming and taking pictures close to us was in a queue in Toystory land, the couple also had a service dog with them (but donít know who they were).
I donít mind them as long as they donít interfere with a ride I am on.
Similar to fireworks, take photos but enjoy the movement and donít stand there filming with a phone that wonít capture the full show.
Rocking Ewok is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 22, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
#123
derbylass
VIP Dibber
 
Join Date: Mar 19
Location: DERBYSHIRE
Originally Posted by haGGis View Post
I've got a fear of being surrounded by people talking to their subscribers / themselves ? Is it at epidemic levels?
Only person I have ever seen is Tim Tracker
derbylass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 22, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
#124
SteveyJ
Apprentice Imagineer
 
SteveyJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 15
Location: Notts
Originally Posted by Rocking Ewok View Post
It is quite funny seeing trends among U.K. vloggers develop, such as the rush to Target, sugar cookies, Blaze Pizza, CHeesecake Factory and various Disney snacks.
Nothing wrong with these things but often seem to just be ticking a list.

We only tried Blaze due to vloggers trying filming it so often and actually it was quite good which surprised me as pizza is hard to get wrong but difficult to be memorable.

In April/May saw quite a few vloggers but didnít recognise any. Some had some serious gear which takes commitment to carry around in the Florida heat. Others were quite low key.

Only one filming and taking pictures close to us was in a queue in Toystory land, the couple also had a service dog with them (but donít know who they were).
I donít mind them as long as they donít interfere with a ride I am on.
Similar to fireworks, take photos but enjoy the movement and donít stand there filming with a phone that wonít capture the full show.
I'm probably in the minority when I say this but I think Blaze looks absolutely vile. Every single one I've seen in a vlog looks half cooked at best and they need another handful of cheese on.
SteveyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 22, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
#125
Rocking Ewok
Excited about Disney
 
Rocking Ewok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 22
Originally Posted by SteveyJ View Post
I'm probably in the minority when I say this but I think Blaze looks absolutely vile. Every single one I've seen in a vlog looks half cooked at best and they need another handful of cheese on.
Agree that it doesnít look the best in vlogs but tastes pretty good and is quite reasonable. Went there a few times and wouldnít have gone back if not good.
Rocking Ewok is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 22, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
#126
fiona88
Excited about Disney
 
fiona88's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 17
Location: Newcastle
Originally Posted by SamH88 View Post
Molly has now left her full time job with AllEars! But said she is working on some personal stuff so hopefully she will keep doing videos for her own channel.
I had no idea, realised Quincy was showing up more and more in videos so it must've been the start of a handover. I really hope she does something as she's way more informative than other vloggers

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Yes, I long for the old days when DFB was actually about food, and not just clickbait titles! I still like some of the DFB and All Ears content but there are so many I just donít bother watching now, it gets so samey.
Same, I gave up on DFB a while back, I wanted food not the "BIG CHANGES COMING..." oh its about a temporary bathroom closure
__________________
Magic 2021, California 2019, DLP Cheyenne 2019, 30 in Las Vegas/Grand Canyon 2018, PortAventura 2018, Orlando 98, 99, 17, 22 - iDrive
fiona88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 22, 07:16 AM  
Link to this Post
#127
katebush95
VIP Dibber
 
katebush95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 09
Really sad that Molly has left Allears 😫 I love her and learnt everything I know about how to get the best out of Genie+ from her videos.

Iím really hoping to see some of my favourite vloggers when Iím there in November 😆 itís mainly the British ones I watch such as Disney in Detail, Adam and Gary, Brogan Tate, Despicable 3. But obs would love to see Molly 😍 Also might be interesting to see PMM to see if he really is that enthusiastic in real life 🤣
__________________
Katebush95


Glenbrook Villa April 2009
Highgrove Villa July 2011
New York New York April 2017
CANCELLED Back to the magic at last! November 2020 Pre-trip report
Back to the magic take two! November 2022 Pre-Trip report
katebush95 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Latest News
Posted in MVMCP
On 24th June 2:42pm
Holiday joy will unfold at Magic Kingdom as Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party returns this... Read More »
Posted in Seaworld
On 4th June 9:51am
SeaWorld say there is a high surf advisory on the horizon in 2023 as a... Read More »
Posted in MNSSHP
On 28th April 4:17pm
Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party is returning to Magic Kingdom Park this fall during the resort’s 50th Anniversary... Read More »


theDIBB Menu


Exchange Rates
US Dollar Rates
ASDA  $1.1896
CaxtonFX  $1.1825
Covent Garden FX  $1.1948
FAIRFX  $1.1872
John Lewis  $1.1884
M&S  $1.1686
Post Office  $1.1673
Sainsburys  $1.1859
TESCO  $1.1898
Travelex  $1.1826
Updated: 01:00 15/08/2022
Euro Rates
ASDA  €1.1579
CaxtonFX  €1.1532
Covent Garden FX  €1.1667
FAIRFX  €1.1573
John Lewis  €1.1598
M&S  €1.1385
Post Office  €1.1375
Sainsburys  €1.1537
TESCO  €1.1579
Travelex  €1.1529
Updated: 01:00 15/08/2022

DIBB Premium Membership
Did you know you can help support theDIBB with Premium Membership?

Check out this link for more information and benefits, such as...

"No adverts on theDIBB Forums"

Upgrade Now



X