Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 1 Aug 22, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
smedley
Imagineer

Back from our Disney Alaska cruise

As per the title we had an awesome time, it was our first Disney cruise, and much as we enjoyed it, for the cost I'm not sure we will be repeating in the near future.

No trip report as I'm a nightmare at doing/finishing them, but if anyone has any specific questions I'm happy to answer if I can

Previous trips (mostly villas,) '98,'00,03,04x2,06,07,11 (first onsite stay SSR),12 villa and RCI cruise,14 OKW,15 RCI cruise, Clearwater and Int Drive. 16 West Coast DL, 17
smedley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 22, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
itsrachelhere
Imagineer

itsrachelhere's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Glad you enjoyed it! Would you consider another Alaskan cruise, but with a cheaper cruise line?
itsrachelhere is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 22, 02:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
So glad you had an amazing time! We are on the Alaskan cruise next summer - so excited! What was the weather like? What clothing should we take? Did you do any Port Adventures? Sorry for all the questions but wanting to plan ahead 😀
Buggles94 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 22, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Ladyshopper
Imagineer

Originally Posted by itsrachelhere View Post
Glad you enjoyed it! Would you consider another Alaskan cruise, but with a cheaper cruise line?
We did Alaska with Celebrity back in May. Alaska is incredible, and I would happily go again on ANY cruise line just to experience it again!
Ladyshopper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 22, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

We are travelling to Alaska on Carnival for 10 day cruise, this Saturday. My big question is also clothing. We are limited on space so what would you suggest. Was it cold and/or rainy? Any info, about anything would be welcome, and thank you. Glad you had a good time.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 22, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
smedley
Imagineer

the clothing questions. We were really lucky and had almost no rain. In terms of clothing I’d take shorts, long trousers, T-shirts, fleece or light down jacket, hoodie and a raincoat. Also gloves and a woolly hat for glacier day. I had waterproof trainers and would recommend that too.

All this being said the only day I wore long trousers was glacier day, most days I was denim knee length shorts, T-shirt and sometimes a hoody but I’m one of those warm types 😆 layers are 100% your friend

Previous trips (mostly villas,) '98,'00,03,04x2,06,07,11 (first onsite stay SSR),12 villa and RCI cruise,14 OKW,15 RCI cruise, Clearwater and Int Drive. 16 West Coast DL, 17
smedley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 22, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
smedley
Imagineer

Originally Posted by itsrachelhere View Post
Definitely the views and location were absolutely stunning

Old 3 Aug 22, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
smedley
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Buggles94 View Post
So glad you had an amazing time! We are on the Alaskan cruise next summer - so excited! What was the weather like? What clothing should we take? Did you do any Port Adventures? Sorry for all the questions but wanting to plan ahead 😀
As per my other post about clothes. Pack in layers as it will depend what weather you get, we were lucky and it was in the high teens to twenties and I wore mostly shorts but we cruised in July early and late will be colder.

We did a few port adventures. Unfortunately our dogsledding got cancelled due to weather it wasn’t safe for the helicopter, we did a cycling trip down white pass rather than the train which was a lot of fun, but I know a lot loved the train. We booked a non ship whale watching excursion in Juneau which I was AMaZING. Small boat, maximum 6 people, if you’re interested drop me a PM and I’ll share details. Unfortunately we were on the cruise when Ketchikan got cancelled so can’t speak for the excursion we had booked there.

Old 3 Aug 22, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by smedley View Post
the clothing questions. We were really lucky and had almost no rain. In terms of clothing I’d take shorts, long trousers, T-shirts, fleece or light down jacket, hoodie and a raincoat. Also gloves and a woolly hat for glacier day. I had waterproof trainers and would recommend that too.

All this being said the only day I wore long trousers was glacier day, most days I was denim knee length shorts, T-shirt and sometimes a hoody but I’m one of those warm types 😆 layers are 100% your friend
Thanks for this. Will do layers, and hope we are lucky with the weather next week.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 22, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
smedley
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JoS View Post
Thanks for this. Will do layers, and hope we are lucky with the weather next week.
Fingers crossed for you, just make sure everyone has a decent raincoat