Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 5 Aug 22, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
katiebaz
Apprentice Imagineer

katiebaz's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
Pleased to announce that DD’s firm choice has made her place unconditional! There seemed to be a misunderstanding over her results and as soon as a translation was sent everything moved quickly! She has changed to a slightly different course (which suits her better) at her request!

So she is off to Royal Holloway! Her brother is currently living in London until the end of January so they are already plotting get togethers (tickets have been purchased for the Lionesses v USA in October )

She has been given her first choice accommodation on campus so is thrilled about that too!

I have booked the Travelodge for the few days before so that we can arrive and shop for everything! Next is the flights!

UCAS is currently on read only so she can’t accept the offer (she understands she needs to do so as there is a change of course) until Tuesday when the Highers come out!

We are off on holiday in a few hours (Italy! ) so it has all come together just in time. I think when she got her results 4 weeks ago she never really believed she would still be able to go there!

Thanks for bearing with us!
Brilliant news for your DD and so pleased it is all sorted. Enjoy your holiday
katiebaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 22, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by COL41 View Post
I know someone who used to work at RH and someone who has firmed it. Both absolutely rave about the uni, in fact friend has been back about three times with DD using every opportunity to revisit it before results day
That is great to hear. We only managed to visit it in June and she loved it!

DD now feels she can relax and enjoy the build up to going!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 22, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by katiebaz View Post
Brilliant news for your DD and so pleased it is all sorted. Enjoy your holiday
Thank you- it is a relief. Though she would have been happy at her insurance too. It seems all her friends are offering to come to visit🤣

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 22, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Evil queen
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
Pleased to announce that DD’s firm choice has made her place unconditional! There seemed to be a misunderstanding over her results and as soon as a translation was sent everything moved quickly! She has changed to a slightly different course (which suits her better) at her request!

So she is off to Royal Holloway! Her brother is currently living in London until the end of January so they are already plotting get togethers (tickets have been purchased for the Lionesses v USA in October )

She has been given her first choice accommodation on campus so is thrilled about that too!

I have booked the Travelodge for the few days before so that we can arrive and shop for everything! Next is the flights!

UCAS is currently on read only so she can’t accept the offer (she understands she needs to do so as there is a change of course) until Tuesday when the Highers come out!

We are off on holiday in a few hours (Italy! ) so it has all come together just in time. I think when she got her results 4 weeks ago she never really believed she would still be able to go there!

Thanks for bearing with us!
Fantastic! So exciting for her.

We have bought towels and a few bots and bobs but needed to wait until we found out where she would be living before we bought bedding and other items. That was confirmed just before we came on holiday so we can get busy sorting that when we get home. Also now the kit list has been received we can get the many many pairs of shoes and other items bought. She can move to her accommodation any time from 10th September with her course starting 19th. We just need to decide when she wants to go. It’s all getting very real now!
Evil queen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 22, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Evil queen View Post
Fantastic! So exciting for her.

We have bought towels and a few bots and bobs but needed to wait until we found out where she would be living before we bought bedding and other items. That was confirmed just before we came on holiday so we can get busy sorting that when we get home. Also now the kit list has been received we can get the many many pairs of shoes and other items bought. She can move to her accommodation any time from 10th September with her course starting 19th. We just need to decide when she wants to go. It’s all getting very real now!
That is exciting! Shoes sound as though they may be expensive!

6 weeks to go for DD!

Index of my trip reports
Old 7 Aug 22, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
katiebaz
Apprentice Imagineer

katiebaz's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We’ve also been and bought bedding towels etc from Dunelm. My DS is due to go on 3rd Sept which seems far too soon!
katiebaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 22, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

We’ve also been and bought bedding towels etc from Dunelm. My DS is due to go on 3rd Sept which seems far too soon!
That is early!
The pile of stuff is growing here and there’s still loads I haven’t sorted in the kit list. I’m very pleased he doesn’t have to move out at Easter or Xmas. That would be a faff with all this stuff.
Our neighbour popped over with a huge TV which is very handy.
DS and his flatmates are now working out what old consoles they can dig out of lofts. 😁

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973

Edited at 07:50 PM.
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 22, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Brilliant news!

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 22, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Vanillapod View Post
Brilliant news!
This was supposed to be quoting Melbatb!

Old 7 Aug 22, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

That is very soon! Has he got his accommodation all sorted?

Index of my trip reports